L o r e

Yukari%20sweet%20-%20copy
joined Nov 24, 2016

Whoa...
I think my mind is slightly blown

last edited at Feb 8, 2019 2:02AM

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Hopefully she got to see Mokou and the others again before she passed. A heartwarming slice of life with a teary ending.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

When I first read Sumireko's "What a wonderful death!" line in ULIL, it legitimately gave me chills, because just for a moment, we got a peek behind Touhou's eternal status quo, beyond the chaotic everyday that Reimu tries to protect in the land of illusions and fantasy. This series of vignettes really drives in the flow of time in the outside world, where everything rushes forward so quickly, and yet we're made to wonder if life in Gensokyo is really better. Everyone compares Sumireko to an isekai protagonist, but to me, she always felt like a character from one of those fantasy children's novels in the 20th century, like The Chronicles of Narnia. Underneath the escapism, there's always this vested anxiety, regardless of whether she lingers on for too long or chooses to return. I really liked the way that this story explored that future.

joined Aug 20, 2021

well
that escalated quickly ._.

joined Aug 12, 2020

... For some reason, i kinda wish this could be canon, i mean, even if sumireko thinks that life's stinks, there's always the silver lithing of keep moving on, otherwise, we could ended up doing the same mistake like Rorochan and just get ouselves clouded by someone's method and just going along until is too late. Plus, her having someone that could have Renko could at least gave hope that even if the world keeps moving on, her club could still exists, one way or the other, and so maybe could be left in peace... that's what i think though.

To reply you must either login or sign up.