Forum › My Idol, My Star discussion

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Never seen a plot like this one for love live, wasn't sure how they'd tie in maki meeting nico so regularly at a hospital.

Nico%20dab
joined Mar 21, 2019

yay new nicomaki

Shadowofdimentio
Madoka%202
joined May 13, 2018

THE FEELS in the the middle. I wish there was a bit more at the end but I still love it

Areyougonnatouchem-17sq
joined Jan 27, 2019

I have trouble coming up with a fatal-if-not-done surgery that would a) result in memory loss but b) not have at least part of Nico's little head shaved. Presumably some kind of benign brain tumor — non-cancerous, so she wouldn't be all chemo'd up, but still large and pressing enough to demand action, and some kind of robot/laparoscopic procedure so she kept most of her hair?

Anyway, very cute story. It's all plot device disease, so I shouldn't overthink it.

joined Jan 17, 2021

Shit
I'm not crying

~the%20best%20pfp%20small
joined Feb 4, 2021

Nice.

I have trouble coming up with a fatal-if-not-done surgery that would a) result in memory loss but b) not have at least part of Nico's little head shaved.

lol didnt even think of this

last edited at Mar 8, 2021 9:12PM

Areyougonnatouchem-17sq
joined Jan 27, 2019

I actually ended up going back and doing some research because I'm really bad at not overthinking these things, and came to the conclusion that the most likely diagnosis was a ependymoma — a nonaggressive primary tumor, and the most common glioma among young children — in the brainstem/upper spinal cord. Ependymomas don't really respond to chemotherapy, so she wouldn't lose her hair that way, and the position would let the surgeons go in from the back; she might have a bald spot low in back, but one that's easily covered.

(Nico probably was having offstage headaches, vision problems, incontinence, and seizures; staying all Nico-Nico-Ni through it is impressive.)

The couple of months of post-surgical retrograde amnesia would then be a result not of the surgery itself, but sort of due to the brain's rebound after the cranial pressure was released; probably the whole period while she had the tumor is fuzzy at best.

Hodo%20hodo
joined Apr 11, 2019

thank you for your service

To reply you must either login or sign up.