Forum › THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH discussion

joined Feb 8, 2016

I don't seem to be much of a fan so far. The artwork is so-so with characters with grotesque faces and bad attitudes and the dialogue is a lot of screaming. Nothing like most of the previous Touhou works, this looks like it's trying to attract the shooter video game player and mecha anime lovers into the fold. I don't think it works at all.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

I wouldn't necessarily call the faces "grotesque", but they're definitely at odds with the art style of the rest. I'll grant that it manages to work for Wriggle, though.

In general, I liked the plot(even if it's not particularly Touhou-like), but that ending makes it seem a lot like the author was simply unable to figure out a natural way to give it a good ending(at least not without inflating the page count even more) and just went with the first thing that came to mind that didn't involve destroying the human village.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I expected a James Bond cameo

joined Mar 23, 2024

The art is INSANE. I loved this just as the other manga, Rainmaker, with the same author and art style. The good thing about art styles like this is the depiction of emotion. The more detailed or the more "realistic" the art gets, the more expressive it can be. Also its a very unique art style too. Really helps you take a breather from all those mainstream looking art that's populating the manga industry. The only downside with artworks like these is the fight scenes. It gets pretty dirty with all the lines and effects so sometimes it becomes difficult to understand what's happening. In any case, this manga had what I wanted: badass Reimu (adjuciator) scenes, and more overfuckingpowered yukari screentime. Would really love to see one where the main character is Reimu but touhou doujins don't really like to do Reimu as the mc probably because she's already the mc in all of the games.

To reply you must either login or sign up.