Forum › Hana Ni Arashi discussion

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Do we really HAVE to go into love triangle angsty rubbish? So predictable. And annoying..

Just get it over with in a few chapters please- don't drag it out 3 volumes because nobody can actually say what they think.

Damn some manga got to you lmao. Dw though, I highly doubt this author would do something like that.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Do we really HAVE to go into love triangle angsty rubbish? So predictable. And annoying..

Just get it over with in a few chapters please- don't drag it out 3 volumes because nobody can actually say what they think.

I'm just going to say that this doesn't go the way you think it's going.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

I'm just going to say that this doesn't go the way you think it's going.

Uh-oh

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

UGH I HATE THIS.

No orginal ideas for conflict in your yuri? Just add an annoying girl who will try to break up the main ship! Everyone will love it! It'll take a while, and then you can resolve it and everyone will be happy.

Why is this shit in 99.9% of high school yuri? Time to stop reading for 10 chapters, and catch up once this is over with.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

UGH I HATE THIS.

No orginal ideas for conflict in your yuri? Just add an annoying girl who will try to break up the main ship! Everyone will love it! It'll take a while, and then you can resolve it and everyone will be happy.

Why is this shit in 99.9% of high school yuri? Time to stop reading for 10 chapters, and catch up once this is over with.

More like 20 chapters since she is still here in the latest chapter which Ch.77.

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

...I don't like it. But actually in a good way. Proves that I feel invested in the characters...
'cept the new girl. Weird logic. Just because a guy likes girls doesn't mean he'd like any girl - same with girls liking girls. She gives of desperate stalker vibes... But I guess, giving a fluff story some action is a little bit of a task for Kovachi...

Also, thank you schuyguy for making it even more interesting with that ambigous hint XD (no, really, now I am thinking of all the possible scenarios while anxiously waiting for the next chapters :P)

..and tying those two thoughts together, with Mai's logic put into practice: Chidori's senpai and Nanoha's kouhai would make a wonderful pairing!

last edited at Dec 1, 2019 7:50PM

Uh oh, a love rival. I can hear truck-kun’s engine revving just around the corner...

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Also, thank you schuyguy for making it even more interesting with that ambigous hint XD (no, really, now I am thinking of all the possible scenarios while anxiously waiting for the next chapters :P)

I'm not trying to spoil anything. I just wanted to say that reactions like this:

UGH I HATE THIS.

are completely unwarranted.

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

This hoe...

Alien%209%20kumi
joined Feb 28, 2019

Imagine being a third wheel hopeless basketball player

who cares chidori is a horndog

joined May 24, 2014

Ah, HAHA!

No, you don't. Just no

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Chidori wanting to get some is super hot.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

What's going to bug me the most about this is Mai taking advantage of (if not predating upon) Nanoha's kindness, and the fact that it's probably going to have a big negative impact on Nanoha when this all blows up.
I realize manipulators are a pretty common trope for a series, but they just always pinch a nerve for me especially.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

What's going to bug me the most about this is Mai taking advantage of (if not predating upon) Nanoha's kindness, and the fact that it's probably going to have a big negative impact on Nanoha when this all blows up.
I realize manipulators are a pretty common trope for a series, but they just always pinch a nerve for me especially.

The thing about Mai's behavior is that, while she certainly is being manipulative, there's no sign that she's being dishonest. Her breakdown in front of Nanoha in chapter 60 wasn't just a performance; she genuinely feels adrift and alone. Also, her manipulation so far has been pretty harmless. She wants to spend more time with Nanoha, so she pulls on Nanoha's emotions in a way that will make her spend more time with her. But if she had just come out and said that she needed her to be there for her, Nanoha would've said yes.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

maybe this story won't follow the trope exactly, but even still i will probably find it tedious. i think part of why i hate this kind of thing is that the character tends to come out of nowhere. it feels forced, and unplanned.

editor: "we need conflict."
author: "ok, i'll add a character, because i can't think of anything with the characters i already have."

thinking back to yuri that i really enjoy that have love triangles/rivals, a big part of why i still find the manga enjoyable is that the characters don't just pop up out of no where. also, they are usually multifaceted, and have more interesting motivation than "i like this person."

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

/Unholy screaming/

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

yo YO YO SHE BETTER BACK OFF

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

“We must suffer since we have known happiness and gay.”
— John F Kennedy

last edited at Dec 1, 2019 11:29PM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

My favorite part about reading a series I don't like is how often good mangaka take common tropes and subvert them. While it's certainly understandable to be tired of this trope coming up, I'm happy to see the way this series will tackle it.

And to be honest, even if it's in the most conventional way, I don't mind, because I'm certain it'll lead to a strengthening of the pair's bond, which is something I always want.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

fiddlepop lolol

last edited at Dec 2, 2019 12:05AM

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

I knew it at some point we would have this kind of situation.

Profile%20picture%20leaaaaaaaaaaaaf
joined Jan 27, 2019

Why is the order of the chapters all jumbled up? it's pretty frustrating clicking on a new chapter only to realize you've read 2 chapters ahead of the initial story, SOMEBODY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FIX THIS, HOLY SHIT.

joined Mar 18, 2018

Didn’t we already have a triangle-drama arc?
Look i love this manga but man is that an annoying trope... I always liked how light hearted it is and avoids unessesary drama.~

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

We've been so blessed with these steady updates. Already bracing myself for when the updates go back to being every few months. ;-;

To reply you must either login or sign up.