Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

joined Feb 13, 2017

Methetruth

You loose the bet? :'(

not at all ╮( ̄▽ ̄)╭

let me remind you of something, in the second arc, ch52 <- Sungji/Sumin a couple made in heaven, rings on their fingers and wine.. they've got it all.

ch55 <- disaster XD

Well, the game is still on till the last minute but it seems like I dont have a lot of supporters, lollll

But if you loose the bet you still ok with that, right? Since you bias Seju and want her to be happy. Good for you, good for Nora.
and me :))))))))))))

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

Methetruth

if I lose the bet and Seju didn't end up with Sumin.. I will only be surprised out of my mind.. but not sad really

joined Feb 13, 2017

yoonie0104

there is a realistic assumption and there's the crazy.
this was somewhat obvious, given the reaction in the car, Seju would'nt have known they dated until she saw the kiss mark.
and Sungji never left such a mark before.. XD
would Sungji really Send Sumin angry so Seju would comfort her later? nah

Well, the game is still on till the last minute but it seems like I dont have a lot of supporters, lollll

it could be that I have sympathisers rather than supporters XDD
high risk of heart break XDDD

You can share that with me :)

joined Feb 13, 2017

Methetruth

if I lose the bet and Seju didn't end up with Sumin.. I will only be surprised out of my mind.. but not sad really

Me vice versa.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Methetruth

You're not sad, really? Why wouldnt you? XDDDD

joined Feb 4, 2017

Foxy lady

my GOD !! ah yeah .. the needing part ch14 and ch12!! yes
and I remember Dawoon Ex, she did tackle this point so subtly about the possibility that Sungji was in fact very confused

resignation letter, alcoholic bottle and button?
This is how Sungji thought of this(courtesy of Nami again)
letter (Sumin wants to go), bottle(Sumin's weakness), button(Seju's violence)

I think this part is what Sungji meant by: I don't trust Ms. Baek
(but she trusted Sumin tho)
and in ch51: I don't think you will hurt me that way
and yeah.. it's connected !!! GIRL you keep making me mind blown .. keep them going XD

What is hysterical bonding, Nora?

well, it's a known case of extreme reaction to cheating.. the passionate sex is triggered by intense pain and the need to reclaim the partner physically and reconnect with them.
http://www.recovery.org/pro/articles/the-3-phases-of-erotic-recovery-after-infidelity/

last edited at May 30, 2017 9:13AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

yoonie0104 and Methetruth

I trust Team Gaji's ability to surprise us. the ending will not be regretful

joined Feb 4, 2017

Yes. That is one hobby of Sungji. If you think of Sungji's eccentrism, then most of the things will just explain themselves.

I had to research Eccentricity (behavior).. makes perfect sense to me now why Sungji needed to watch a movie to understand what was going on.. and why she behaves in a weird manner that both Sumin and Seju said she is a strange person. + the idealism you mentioned

last edited at May 30, 2017 9:56AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

You said so yourself, Nora, if you lost the bet, you would be very surprised. So well, isnt this the ending that surprises you xDDDD.

last edited at May 30, 2017 11:11AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

You said so yourself, Nora, if you lost the bet, you would be very surprised. So well, isnt this the ending that surprises you xDDDD.

there are many ways to surprise me,
the way to get those two together will be surprising but not the ending result.
but if Sungji and Sumin ended up together, both the result and the way will surprise the hell out of me

joined May 18, 2017

there are many ways to surprise me,
the way to get those two together will be surprising but not the ending result.
but if Sungji and Sumin ended up together, both the result and the way will surprise the hell out of me

I'm secretly hoping the ending still surprises you so I can read your thoughts on the unexpected!

joined Feb 4, 2017

LurKings

how about this, I think that the love triangle is just a part of the story but not the whole story.

-> I know I sound like an idiot sometimes.. but there is more into it.
now if we get the other things into the picture, it will seem that the love triangle is just a part of the story.
I don't know what Team Gaji mean by this: S2 Review

I'm suspecting something related to greater past than the one we know about Seju and Sumin.. while TG didn't really care to give a clear name to Sumin's mother or father or Seju's father.. but we know the full name of Seju's mother (why?).

I know .. I know we have something like 3 chapters left to uncover what I'm suspecting. but here is where surprises come.. making the ship wares not very much important, although it's fun to discuss it.
if that makes any sense

joined Feb 4, 2017

btw LurKings I am so sorry for giving long answers that add more questions than answers

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

I like the appearance of black coffee and how it is spilled all over the table this chapter, lol. I know I'm weird xDDDDD

last edited at May 30, 2017 9:08PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

LurKings

please read Foxy Lady's comment in page 319, then again her answer on me in this page. google "Eccentricity (behavior)".. this will make alot of sense to you.
Sungji is Eccentric, to a point that Sumin and Seju already commented on that "weird, strange person".. she is. but that doesn't mean she is bad.. but her line of thinking is different than the norm, so her reactions.
notice that in ch13 "Sungji couldn't understand the norm that its trivial to others easily.. but then she is very very smart but in different way, when yoonie commented on how it is a weird thing for Sungji to jump to "Jagi" or "Babe" with Sumin when it doesn't comply with the social norms, then you know it also falls within Sungji's Eccentricism.. and you know she does give this distant atmosphere from others... please read the article on wiki, you will feel what Foxy Lady meant.
you will understand why idealism is important and why Foxy lady mentioned it to counter my argument about Dawoon.. you will also understand that Camillie ( Dawoon Ex. also made a point on how Sungji might have felt)

Notice what Sungji said to Seju in ch79: why do you have to be such a bad person yes again, Foxy Lady is right, Sungji thinks that Seju is evil and Sumin has to be protected from her (but at the same time, she wanted Seju to be happier.. so she allowed her to stay) <- Idealism !
also Sungji's reaction in ch77 <- protective !

I could be wrong but why is there no emotional way between Seju and Sumin? Perhaps because their relationship is that; a relationship and not a situationship driven by carnal desires.

nah, it much much deeper and complex than that. let me quote Sumin from ch50 "It's different"
you may feel lost at the beg. it's okay.. my mind is jamming with ideas.. I even started to stutter my words.. it's pathetic of me XD

last edited at May 30, 2017 10:11PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

you may feel lost at the beg. it's okay.. my mind is jamming with ideas.. I even started to stutter my words.. it's pathetic of me XD

You sound very excited about the manhwa now xDDDDDD, Nora.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Either way, I'm hoping to get some answers in the next three chapters haha but I do believe there's more than meets the eye. I feel that there is an emotional wall between them or rather, not real love. I'll try to post more about this when I get home!

You should clarify more LurKings xDDD, I would like to hear you out, I like to read new pov so please do when you have time XDDDD

joined Feb 4, 2017

LurKings

Sungji is Eccentric in (behavior) personality.

I checked the source also in there by Psychologist David Weeks
http://celebratingeccentrics.com/the-definition-of-eccentricity/

joined May 18, 2017

You should clarify more LurKings xDDD, I would like to hear you out, I like to read new pov so please do when you have time XDDDD

Yoonie
haha I'll try but might come up with a lot of nonsense as I firmly believe that Sungji is just atypical. Rather than tying her responses or reactions to a branch of unusual pattern of behaviors that are merely defined by the already structured society.

I chose to think that as any other individual she just has a different way to handle the current situations. Perhaps some might call it emotional intelligence as she seems quite selective on her reactions and less impulse driven.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Feel like I'm reading peoples University essays on here.

joined Feb 4, 2017

sorry.. I keep writing things then I get to prove them XD

but speaking of which, I might tone it down.. I will have to do some real work (and maybe social life XD) .. so I will be commenting less in the upcoming days.

last edited at May 30, 2017 11:14PM

joined Mar 21, 2017

sorry.. I keep writing things then I get to prove them XD

but speaking of which, I might tone it down.. I will have to do some real work (and maybe social life XD) .. so I will be commenting less in the upcoming days.

You've written some interesting interpretations with references for sure but yeah don't forget your real friends haha.

joined Jan 5, 2017

Nora89 Said

Vanbun

ah, don't mind them.. I just got my mind blown yesterday.. the story is deeper than I thought.
but this Manhwa is not for everyone.
I've been catching unofficial translation mistakes.. you do get a different feeling.
Foxy Lady is right, Sungji's trigger point is letting go.. and she is indeed a broken soul.. ch65 her talk to Nammi
Sungji: but everyone who liked me, left in the end

-> she isn't just referring to Sumin
you can compare this sentence to the unofficial one.

yoonie0104

btw, Nora, the look on Sumin's face this chap when there was a kiss on her cheek. I still think I'm gonna win the bet :PPPPPPPP

hehhehehe.. "it's not over, till it's over"

btw, this chapter
Seju said: it's all right <- referring to be in her room
"the translation says: as if" <- this one sounds jealous, but it's not correct

Hi I'm the unofficial translator for WDTFS series

I take my time in translating the series, and yes, I'm sorry but I do take some liberty with some of the translations to make it sound more legible.

In that part, Sumin says "그냥 나와 있어도 괜찮아.", which translates to "It's okay to stay out here.", a tone which sounds not aggressive and assuring Se-Ju that it is okay to stay out in the living room instead of locking herself up in her room.
Se-Ju replies "퍽이나." which is a slang that is said when the person don't believe what the other person is saying. Like calling out a bluff or a lie, it's said so that the person who says it indicates that he or she doesn't believe what the other person said.

For example, "나 은행에 백억있어" [I have 10,000,000,000 won in the bank] could be replied with "퍽이나 있겠네" [As if there is any money in your account.]. It's a dismissive slang used by people of young to middle age.

If Se-ju was replying "It's all right", she would have said "괜찮아.", which would mean that Se-Ju is fine with staying in her room during the time Sung-Ji comes to play with Su-Min. It wouldn't have a jealous connotation and tone, but in this case it's not.

yoonie0104 said

Yeah, one more obvious wrong translation would be the last panel, Seju said 왜, it is translated to "hmph", I dont agree with this translation, Seju sounds childishly unreasonable. This word might be translated to "So?", it would be a better translation and closer to what Seju actually means, she is actually questioning Sumin after all like "its dangerous so what?"

I think I can agree with you here on some level, but I think using 'So?' is also a childish way of replying back to someone who worries about you.
Se-Ju is actually saying "Why?" as in, "Why should I care about it being dangerous outside?"

In anycase, I've made a bad decision to put 'Hmph', because I simply thought she was being very dismissive.

Lots of meanings and connotations can be lost in translations, or simply by the incompetence of the translator. However, what I would like to remind people is that this version of translation is very rough and not properly checked for quality or been through proofreading.
As a translator for a comic that's being read by thousands, I should try to get a proofreader, but only the inexperienced and people who aren't that consistent in helping come by.
And what I like most is the fact that I can translate and put it up all by myself without requiring other people to go through my work, which takes more of my time and give more headache to me.
I hope you all can understand and forgive my mistakes and problems found in the works, and if you would like to properly help me in proofreading all the translations that I give out, please reply to me with your contact details or some way for me to contact you.
I would like it if is someone who actually does know Korean, just like yoonie and Nora.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Anonymous__

Hi there XD,

Can't believe the one who did the translation would read the thread XDDD. Are you the one who did the translation lately or having been doing that for a while? Specifically from chap 78?

Cause somehow the translation from before that chap is pretty bad at some point and I honestly think it's far from what it was actually said in the chap. From chap 78, it's way better and more accurate, just sometimes it got translated too literal, but it's still true nonetheless.

In that part, Sumin says "그냥 나와 있어도 괜찮아.", which translates to "It's okay to stay out here.", a tone which sounds not aggressive and assuring Se-Ju that it is okay to stay out in the living room instead of locking herself up in her room.
Se-Ju replies "퍽이나." which is a slang that is said when the person don't believe what the other person is saying. Like calling out a bluff or a lie, it's said so that the person who says it indicates that he or she doesn't believe what the other person said.

For example, "나 은행에 백억있어" [I have 10,000,000,000 won in the bank] could be replied with "퍽이나 있겠네" [As if there is any money in your account.]. It's a dismissive slang used by people of young to middle age.

If Se-ju was replying "It's all right", she would have said "괜찮아.", which would mean that Se-Ju is fine with staying in her room during the time Sung-Ji comes to play with Su-Min. It wouldn't have a jealous connotation and tone, but in this case it's not.

I personally dont think Seju sounded jealous in this scene. Yes, her words are very unusual, she didn't use "괜찮아" but using a slang to dismiss. this honestly, to me, more like she knows she cant stay because it would cause awkward moment for all three of them, not really sound jealous, but more of a sarcastic tone, it's not ok to stay, she knows, Sumin knows, Sungji knows, Sumin's words honestly are out of courtesy and being nice.

Honestly, "like it's really ok" is a better translation XD.

I think I can agree with you here on some level, but I think using 'So?' is also a childish way of replying back to someone who worries about you.
Se-Ju is actually saying "Why?" as in, "Why should I care about it being dangerous outside?"

Yes, she actually ask why but put the word "why" in there is actually not good, you also think that right? that's why you use "hmph", cause in her tone there is a dismissive tone and also questioning tone, mixed with angry. That's why I chose the word "So?"

last edited at May 31, 2017 3:48AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

This one I'll answer in a another post XD

First of all, I want to thank you for taking your time to translate all the chaps of wdtfs. I really appreciate it, I really do.

And what I like most is the fact that I can translate and put it up all by myself without requiring other people to go through my work, which takes more of my time and give more headache to me.
I hope you all can understand and forgive my mistakes and problems found in the works,

Nah, it's ok. It'll waste more of your time and energy xD, alot of people here are actually buying the official translation so it doesnt really matter.

Your translation is better than a few translations before already. After all this is just rough translation, there would be errors and really, we only need to undestand the gig of the chap, no need to be too perfect about this

and if you would like to properly help me in proofreading all the translations that I give out

please reply to me with your contact details or some way for me to contact you.
I would like it if is someone who actually does know Korean, just like yoonie and Nora.

I'm not that good at Korean to be the one who give you proofreading, I'm afraid XD, Nora also, I think. She uses google translate, not really know Korean.

Edit: We're really sorry if we offended you somehow with us picking on your work, sincerely.

last edited at May 31, 2017 4:31AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.