Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

8- Sungji said it is a HE (did Sungji mistake her for a he.. or Seju changed her mind) .

Possible translation error. Someone on /u/ claims that a gender wasn't mentioned and Sungji used the equivalent of "they". We'll know more once the official translation comes out. : )

very very possible, I could not believe it was a HE at first XD thanks

last edited at May 4, 2017 11:10PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

8- Sungji said it is a HE (did Sungji mistake her for a he.. or Seju changed her mind) .

Possible translation error. Someone on /u/ claims that a gender wasn't mentioned and Sungji used the equivalent of "they". We'll know more once the official translation comes out. : )

very very possible, I could not believe it was a HE at first XD thanks

It's not clear, the sentence Sungji said didnt have a subject (which is very common in Korean), rough translation of her sentence would be like this "say hello when being on my way out" =)))))), "that person" would be a better fit for a complete translation XD. Sorry I didn't say this earlier, I thought you knew Korean and you bought the raw ver =)))))

last edited at May 4, 2017 11:18PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

It's not clear, the sentence Sungji said didnt have a subject (which is very common in Korean), rough translation of her sentence would be like this "say hello when being on my way out" =)))))), "that person" would be a better fit for a complete translation XD. Sorry I didn't say this earlier, I thought you knew Korean and you bought the raw ver =)))))

I bought the original but I have no clue what they say, but I have to see the panels as early as they come out XD

joined Mar 21, 2017

"say hello when being on my way out"

Good thing they don't do direct translations lol

last edited at May 5, 2017 12:15AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

but right after Sungji leaves, Sumin is back to Seju then she still will be forever the biggest jerk of the century =)))). Plus, Seju needs to change her dependent on Sumin =))))))

dependant on HOW and WHY Sungji leaves, our whole perspective of their relationship may change, but it will be unfolding some unclear things that we already saw hints of (TG love to do that.. like ch27 used again in ch54)

You've prepared it? Haha, I hope I could see it one day =)))))))))

the ending will be WTFJH!

Crossing fingers for that =))))))))))))))))

if not, I will write the comment you asked me XD and how I got mind blown
btw, ch54, ch55 and 56 contained at least 5 major surprises and a huge plot twist(s)
would the magic happen in 6 chapters ? definitely

All in all, I still think SuminxSungji will be endgame =)))). Let's take a bet on that, Nora

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

"say hello when being on my way out"

Good thing they don't do direct translations lol

if they did that, all three of them could becomes such rude people =))))). Most of the sentences sound like a direct order in English if translate it literally =))))))), in truth, all of them are very polite with each other, Sungji is still using formal words with Sumin XD, only SejuxSumin's interactions doesn't have formal words, they know each other for too long anyway

joined Feb 4, 2017

All in all, I still think SuminxSungji will be endgame =)))). Let's take a bet on that, Nora

Yes, I take it and add the birthday too :P

joined Mar 5, 2017

What's at stake? Lol

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Would they also have issues with sentence structures? Like that rough translation doesn't really make much sense if they are talking about the new team leader. I use google translate on Weibo sometimes and it really makes no sense sometimes lol. ( Yes i know that's chinese, i assume they have the same translation issues)

Only recently, the beginning of arc 3 to be exact, the rough translation is not as good as before, imo. A lot of mistakes and mis-translation, the newest chap has the most accurate translation, but still giving a lot of confusion :), like the gender of new team leader or the sentence Seju said before Sungji said 'I thought about it alot....', I dont get her meaning, my Korean is not that good.

However, base on my knowledge of Korean, I suggest we all need to read the official translation from lezhin, some of sentences have the right translation but changing the real literal sentence a little bit. For example, Seju said 'today I have to eat lunch but I dont have anyone to eat with', not 'I promised to eat lunch....', or when Sumin asked Seju who she is going to eat with, Seju said this "Let's see. I wonder if there is someone that is willling enough to eat with the president"... Just small things, but when you read the Korean one, you'll feel a little bit different vibe and feeling in the scene, this kind of thing happen alot lately with rough translations so I recommend reading official one even though you already understand it. Different sentence gives different feeling anyway.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

What birthday? @@

joined Feb 4, 2017

What birthday? @@

Seju's birthday is coming up very soon, (it will hold a memory of first Sumin and Seju meeting)

(wait, did Sumin remember that during the breakfast in ch78 and that is why she needs an hour to do something before picking Seju up from work ch79) <- extra scenario hehehe
yoonie0104
regarding the translation, the rough one of ch78 was disastrous compared to the official one that made so much sense.

last edited at May 5, 2017 2:18AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

roamsl and yoonie0104

What's at stake? Lol

donno,
but what about, third arc hard copy whenever it comes out, forever remembering the defeat :P

joined Mar 21, 2017

yoonie0104

I read the official one once it comes out, spent the money so can't stop till the end now. Ha.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

roamsl and yoonie0104

What's at stake? Lol

donno,
but what about, third arc hard copy whenever it comes out, forever remembering the defeat :P

How can I buy it? I didn't even know how to buy it oversea @@.

Uhm, let's go for an easier way. How about changing your avatar to the ending couple for whole week that everyone could see it whenever you comment about the ending?

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

What birthday? @@

Seju's birthday is coming up very soon, (it will hold a memory of first Sumin and Seju meeting)

(wait, did Sumin remember that during the breakfast in ch78 and that is why she needs an hour to do something before picking Seju up from work ch79) <- extra scenario hehehe
yoonie0104
regarding the translation, the rough one of ch78 was disastrous compared to the official one that made so much sense.

anyway, when chap 79 translation comes out, I need to ask you about the sentence Seju said before Sungji said her savage words xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

joined Mar 5, 2017

roamsl and yoonie0104

What's at stake? Lol

donno,

How can I buy it? I didn't even know how to buy it oversea @@.

Uhm, let's go for an easier way. How about changing your avatar to the ending couple for whole week that everyone could see it whenever you comment about the ending?

What are the odds, am planning to visit seoul later this year. Lol
Hard copy, only if its in English. Want korean version?

I thought i'd buy all lezhin chpaters if it's suminxseju in the end lol

last edited at May 5, 2017 3:03AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

yoonie0104

I take the bet (even tho you are a winner either ways! Arent you ?),
About the translation
Yes sure, please remind me if I forget.

roamsl
Sigh.. I already did regardless :(
+ 4 chapters Koerean versions , is it an addiction yet :/
Get any hard copy.. I already memorized them by heart :P
Hope you enjoy the trip

last edited at May 5, 2017 3:16AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

2- the real reason Sumin hates Seju, (why does Saehyun see Sumin's scar as a way for Sumin to take revenge on Seju -she could'v done the sleeping around with or without the scarring -excluded reasoning- )

Sumin hated Seju for cheating on her with a guy. Of course, Sumin could have done revenging on Seju even before she got those scars, but she didn't. She just ended things with Seju like the way other people would do to their cheating girlfriend. Which probably the reason why moleguy had to involve in the matter. I think what moleguy wanted was to make Sumin go back to being by Seju's side again. imo, because there was no way for him to make Sumin go back to Seju again out of love, but there were ways he could do to make Sumin go back to Seju again out of revenge, so he went with this idea. Giving Sumin scars was an option, so why not? He can't tell the future. He couldn't know whether this option would work or not, but I would say that if this option had not worked, he would do something else to Sumin again and again until he could have it worked. On a bright side, moleguy could give scars on any other parts of Sumin's body as well, he could scar Sumin on her face, and he also could have let Sumin die there alone, but he did call the polices (or an umbulance?) for Sumin.

3- what is Saehyun relationship to both Ann Chahee and Seju (the reason he cares much about Seju)

I remember there was a dialog implying that Seju's mom and Seju's dad were in love, so I wouldn't think that Seju's mom was cheating on her husband with moleguy. My guess would be that Seju's mom dated moleguy before she got married to her husband. As for the reason to why moleguy cares about Seju so much, I would guess that because he couldn't protect someone he loved, he wants to at least able to protect her daughter.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

yoonie0104

I take the bet (even tho you are a winner either ways! Arent you ?),
About the translation
Yes sure, please remind me if I forget.

Hahaha, probably =)))))), its just for the fun of it anyway =)))))

last edited at May 5, 2017 3:42AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Sumin hated Seju for cheating on her with a guy. Of course, Sumin could have done revenging on Seju even before she got those scars, but she didn't. She just ended things with Seju like the way other people would do to their cheating girlfriend. Which probably the reason why moleguy had to involve in the matter. I think what moleguy wanted was to make Sumin go back to being by Seju's side again. imo, because there was no way for him to make Sumin go back to Seju again out of love, but there were ways he could do to make Sumin go back to Seju again out of revenge, so he went with this idea. Giving Sumin scars was an option, so why not? He can't tell the future. He couldn't know whether this option would work or not, but I would say that if this option had not worked, he would do something else to Sumin again and again until he could have it worked. On a bright side, moleguy could give scars on any other parts of Sumin's body as well, he could scar Sumin on her face, and he also could have let Sumin die there alone, but he did call the polices (or an umbulance?) for Sumin.

I dont agree though, Sumin came back to Seju will probably never be out of love but without that guy's involvement, she probably would still go back some times later. She was back to torture Seju's emotion out of revenge but somewhere in the back of that mind, she still loves Seju, so there are times she broke up or drunk, she would maybe come back out of habit, of old flames, out of missing the old happy times, seeking for that. I believe she would still be back, maybe not the way she would with that scar but she still would be

joined Jun 6, 2016

Just wait for monday girls... Lets the story unfolds itself

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

I remember there was a dialog implying that Seju's mom and Seju's dad were in love, so I wouldn't think that Seju's mom was cheating on her husband with moleguy. My guess would be that Seju's mom dated moleguy before she got married to her husband. As for the reason to why moleguy cares about Seju so much, I would guess that because he couldn't protect someone he loved, he wants to at least able to protect her daughter.

His way of protecting the one he cares is quite psycho, though, I wonder why he chose that extreme way to do? There are alot of options but he did it to make Sumin even resent Seju even more than before. Since I don't agree with your opinion why he chose that way so... XD.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Sumin probably would still go back to Seju at some point later, or she might never ever will. In real life, not everyone would go back to their ex. The scene where Sumin was blushing from looking at the girl who was selling her incenses could imply that she wasn't broken so much after her breakup with Seju. In other words, Sumin would be able to move on like other people too. Moleguy's involvement made Sumin coming back to Seju happen imo. Should moleguy have done nothing at all and waited for Sumin to go back to Seju on her own instead? No, from his perspective. Why should he have to wait while he didn't even know how long it would take, and would the day even come? And how could he not want to do anything while seeing that Seju couldn't even have her strength to talk back to him? Also, how long would Seju be able to wait for Sumin? What if she killed herself before Sumin could break up with others, get drunk, miss their old days, and finally decided to come back to her?

I agree that his method was extreme, but there sure were many other more extreme ways too. He gave Sumin scars on her shoulder, a part of her body where she could hide it well with her clothes on. I would call him a psycho if he scarred Sumin on her face, broke Sumin's bones, etc.

joined Feb 13, 2017

sia ue

I don't think she wanted to get revenge for Seju betraying her. I remember what she did after broke up with Seju was that she sold her house and left Seju. That's all. She started her revenge on Seju after she was hurt by moleguy. So, imo, she did the revenge on Seju for what moleguy has done to her. Which was not understandable at all.

you know, Saehyun is really something, he told Sumin at the hospital in ch59, that the compensation was not the money, but that she was given a chance to take revenge on Seju. what did he mean ?
that part drives me crazy!.. did he know about the bartender thing at all ?.. or there is something we don't know yet
or did I miss something ?

I think it's mean not only the compensation was a chance to take revenge on Seju but also a condition for leaving with Seju after 10 years Sumin tortured Seju.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Sumin probably would still go back to Seju at some point later, or she might never ever will. In real life, not everyone would go back to their ex. The scene where Sumin was blushing from looking at the girl who was selling her incenses could imply that she wasn't broken so much after her breakup with Seju. In other words, Sumin would be able to move on like other people too. Moleguy's involvement made Sumin coming back to Seju happen imo. Should moleguy have done nothing at all and waited for Sumin to go back to Seju on her own instead? No, from his perspective. Why should he have to wait while he didn't even know how long it would take, and would the day even come? And how could he not want to do anything while seeing that Seju couldn't even have her strength to talk back to him? Also, how long would Seju be able to wait for Sumin? What if she killed herself before Sumin could break up with others, get drunk, miss their old days, and finally decided to come back to her?

Not everyone comes back to their ex but well they called themselves fated with each other, grew up together, first love and all that jazz. If she could be that easy to move on, I believe she shouldn't have revive her moments with Seju every time she got on with a girl and compare them to Seju. And with that red head, we could see Sumin seems to be happy, going buy her necklace and all, just like before the accident. I mean, you could happily date another girl but it doesn't mean you already forget your past love. But yeah, you have a point, we cant know for sure if she would go back or not.

I don't think that guy can know for sure Sumin will go back to Seju for revenge after his torture, though. He's no psychic, just like we cant know for sure she will go back to Seju or not. What he did will increase that hatred, that's for sure but how could he knows that Sumin will not go on a spree of dating thousands of girls just for the sake of it while carrying her hatred for Seju forever and disappear from her life forever?

I think, what the man did, it's not really about impacting it to Sumin, it's about impacting Seju herself, note that before that accident, she no longer wanted to eat or have the will of living but after that accident, she actually blamed herself, Sumin was like that was because of her family, so out of guilt, it's leading to her promise to wait for Sumin till she dies, and she actually stopped her terrible way of living after breaking up and actually try to be alive, just to wait for Sumin. I believe what that man did was to keep Seju alive for Sumin, not for Sumin to take revenge on Seju, aka, he wants to give Seju a reason to live, and for that he also granted Sumin a way to revenge Seju

last edited at May 5, 2017 6:35AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.