Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Compare that to the moment of sungji and dawoon.... when both sungji and seju are supposedly in love with same person....

this part is a risky argument, since the counterpart one would tell you that Sungji was on a break and got cheated on.
but I kinda like how you see it since both of them had Sumin sleeping with others, regardless of the definition of being in a relationship.. I look at it from a degree of love and loyalty

This part from both of you caught my attention the most but like Nora said, it would be quite dangerous to make that comment cause there would be a lot of ways to counter attack this opinion from Sungji fans =)))))) but I like it. I dont want to compare them but honestly, Seju has proven her unbreakable love for Sumin countless of times but Sungji hasnt, imo, and when she actually had chance to prove it, she actually felt nice spending time with Dawoon, just not as much as Sumin

last edited at May 3, 2017 12:08PM

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

This part from both of you caught my attention the most but like Nora said, it would be quite dangerous to make that comment cause there would be a lot of ways to counter attack this opinion from Sungji fans =)))))) but I like it. I dont want to compare them but honestly, Seju has proven her unbreakable love for Sumin countless of times but Sungji hasnt, imo, and when she actually had chance to prove it, she actually felt nice spending time with Dawoon, just not as much as Sumin

Im suppressing the fan girl thing in me, I hope it lasts XD

joined Feb 13, 2017

but I believe that Nammi existence was important to test the bond between Seju and Sumin, and she also said something very important that may be related to the bartender incident, I think she will appear later to test another bond, but I will keep this prediction to myself atm.

What did she say?

joined Feb 4, 2017

but I believe that Nammi existence was important to test the bond between Seju and Sumin, and she also said something very important that may be related to the bartender incident, I think she will appear later to test another bond, but I will keep this prediction to myself atm.

What did she say?

ch49.. read the phone call dialogue part, I found it interesting and tackled 2 points that can be related to the bartender incident.

if you are interested in the bartender incident, you can also recheck ch11, the shoes, the opened "DOORS", Seju first thing she said to him in ch 10, I can't back my opinion up, but it's an intuition tho that Seju was honest, she did not consensually sleep with him and her sentences were all cut out

last edited at May 3, 2017 12:36PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Im suppressing the fan girl thing in me, I hope it lasts XD

Haha, but anyway, Nora, I agree with you on this: the script in wdtfs has already written long before. Just look at the way they reuse a lame joke 'open sesame' or some other small details, they actually have planned everything very meticulously from words they used to scenes for dramatic effects, even the ending and somewhere in all the chaps, they might've given us the hint of the ending already. I believe the ending is not influenced by readers, it is all planned out before already :).

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Well she was definitely drunk when she slept with him, so it's not exactly consensus anyway.
Even though this sucks, I really don't think this incident matters now. It just only makes Seju an even more tragic character.
But, on the other hand, when Sumin walked in on them, the bartender had his arms around Seju and Seju was awake and didn't seem to struggle to get out of his grip.
So I definitely believe it was a mistake of her part, but not rape.

Their relationship has suffers through many other points though. So this incident wouldn't change anything regarding her and Sumin relationship.
Maybe it would help Sumin go more easy on Seju, but she is already doing that. Besides, she has Sungji now too, which is what matters more anyway.

last edited at May 3, 2017 12:44PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

Well she was definitely drunk when she slept with him, so it's not exactly consensus anyway.
Even though this sucks, I really don't think this incident matters now. It just only makes Seju an even more tragic character.

I don't know, Sumin said she hates Seju for 3 times now.. But Sumin seems not to believe Seju's defence even when Nammi thing happened and she was honest about it. there is something we do not know related to that incident or their feeling about it.

But, on the other hand, when Sumin walked in on them, the bartender had his arms around Seju and Seju was awake and didn't seem to struggle to get out of his grip.

look closely, the moment Seju woke up, she called Sumin name in calm tone , then got Surprised when she saw her standing ( I can't back this up.. sorry !.. the scene itself was cut greatly)

Maybe it would help Sumin go more easy on Seju, but she is already doing that. Besides, she has Sungji now too, which is what matters more anyway.

my theory is, if Sumin did know the fishy thing about the incident later, then she will be even more furious and guilty.

last edited at May 3, 2017 12:51PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Seju called Sumin's name because she was the person she loved and was used to sleep next to. But this doesn't mean that when she was drunk she didn't sleep with that guy.
If she was sober and not in a bad emotional state she wouldn't do it.
But again, Sumin said that there are bodyguards outside Seju's house and they wouldn't allow that guy to enter if Seju didn't give permission too.
If that guy wanted to rape her, wouldn't it make sense to get her into his place or in some hotel?
He didn't know Seju, nor where she lived. So it was Seju who told him where she lives. If she was completely unconscious she wouldn't be able to give him directions for her house.
Seju has being trying to get back with Sumin for ten years. She even did that incident with Resheads husband. Also she is trying to push Sungji away now too.
So if she was really raped, it makes no sense of why she wouldn't try to bring more evidence for it to Sumin.
Instead of that, she only tried to get Sumin's forgiveness. If she didn't cheat she would be trying to bring her facts, not forgiveness.

But I wanna ask this again. Why does that incident even matter at this point. Even if it really was rape, which really doesn't seem the case at all, at this point it's ten years after.
Their relationship wasn't bad only because of that. Besides Sumin doesn't want to go back to her now. Even if this wasn't really cheating. She also has Sungji.

last edited at May 3, 2017 1:10PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

the drink was offered -on the house- by the bartender who was creepy as hell,

that being said, Sumin as in Nammi's case did not care for what Seju had to say, that time around did not seem so different, I believe even if Seju wanted to talk it out with Sumin, it was already too late since the scarring destroyed any chance. Nammi made a couple of points in the phone call, but did Seju deliberately did not talk about that incident for a reason we do not know yet ?

all of the above is an intuition, can't back it up .. and it could be out of bias as well

joined Feb 4, 2017

Seju called Sumin's name because she was the person she loved and was used to sleep next to. But this doesn't mean that when she was drunk she didn't sleep with that guy.

exactly, here is a key! that it is why she did not seem to push the guy at first, did she not notice it at first ?
she even left the doors open

But again, Sumin said that there are bodyguards outside Seju's house and they wouldn't allow that guy to enter if Seju didn't give permission too.

the issue here, is that Sumin did not let Seju finish her sentence.. and then Seju seemed to be shocked as well, was the bodyguard not there ?! is that why Seju does not want any bodyguards around her and her driver does not drive her home at all ? (remember when she was sick in ch53, Sungji asked her about her driver)

If that guy wanted to rape her, wouldn't it make sense to get her into his place or in some hotel?
He didn't know Seju, nor where she lived. So it was Seju who told him where she lives. If she was completely unconscious she wouldn't be able to give him directions for her house.

ah, can't defend my point here.. did he offer a ride and then took it to the next level ?

So if she was really raped, it makes no sense of why she wouldn't try to bring more evidence for it to Sumin.
Instead of that, she only true to get Sumin's forgiveness. If she didn't cheat she would be trying to bring her facts, not forgiveness.

see, Seju went to explain, Sumin never listen, not too long before the scarring thing happened, it was already too late to say anything and emotionally wrecking

But I wanna ask this again. Why does that incident even matter at this point. Even if it really was rape, which really doesn't seem the case at all, at this point it's ten years after.

I do not know, it could play some important role later.

ch53, try to imagine the bartender instead of Sungji.. will it make sense

last edited at May 3, 2017 1:28PM

joined Dec 9, 2014

Well if you really stretch it, it is not impossible. But we have to remember the narrative.
If it would play a more important role in the future besides giving an explanation of why they broke up on the first place, don't you think it would be hinted more during all these chapters?
Because there is no mention of it at all throughout the story.

Seju is just there to prolong the story imo. There are only six chapters left, and there is still a lot more to cover besides Seju.
There is still development for Sungji, and what will happen with Seju's family, the assasin and the new Team Leader.

last edited at May 3, 2017 1:29PM

joined Jun 6, 2016

Their relationship has suffers through many other points though. So this incident wouldn't change anything regarding her and Sumin relationship.

At least it will matter for blonde fans.. and for the readers... because many of them hated seju because of her cheating with man....

It will screw their logics if actually seju get drugged... since she can't remember herself of what happened she thinks that she really cheated on sumin. It's a setup from seju family to separate sumin and seju. Seju didn't have sex with the guy, just laying naked around the guy... Lmao it's just an example... but it will give impact to reader opinion for sure... since it will turn seju as victim as well

But it's too much of kdrama plot... I have watched this kind drama before.. when a man get drunk and the evil woman take advantage of it by laying naked in a bed with him.. saying they've sex but actually not... and boom! he believes what the woman say....since he is actually kinda pure she take responsibility by dating thr evil woman and break up with his girlfriend....well, the stupid man get rejected by the main heroine (his first gf) in the end... there is another man who get this girl.. it's a high rating drama lol

last edited at May 3, 2017 1:43PM

joined Dec 9, 2014

Lol I really don't think it would change those peoples opinions who are strongly anti Seju. They would find something different to hate her for.

joined Feb 4, 2017

Well if you really stretch it, it is not impossible. But we have to remember the narrative.
If it would play a more important role in the future besides giving an explanation of why they broke up on the first place, don't you think it would be hinted more during all these chapters?

Seju is just there to prolong the story imo. There are only six chapters left, and there is still a lot more to cover besides Seju.
There is still development for Sungji, and what will happen with Seju's family, the assasin and the new Team Leader.

I don't know if any of what I said is real, it could play a role in developing Sumin herself, but then in ch53, try to imagine the bartender instead of Sungji.. will it make sense ? (if Sungji wanted to exploit Seju sexually in that state, she could've)

Lol I really don't think it would change those peoples opinions who are strongly anti Seju. They would find something different to hate her for.

doesn't matter, story wise this thing could be big

I know I sound like a double standards fan-girl, it is okay. the problem is that there are way too many hints for me to ignore them, how will that play later, I do not know .. it might even make Sumin more devastated and feel even more unworthy. and I truly do not mind if anyone hates Seju, I care about whether it is a possibility.

last edited at May 3, 2017 1:40PM

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Double standard.

Nope, and here's why:
Sungji:
- she broke up with Sumin

Seju:
- she slept with the bartender while being in a relationship without thinking about Sumin
- she slept with the bartender because she was angry at Sumin for losing the ring (what a childish reason...) and probably even missed sex (Sumin wasn't in a mood for a while)
- she knew very well what she was doing and enjoyed it, then lied to Sumin because she didn't want to this mistake ruin their relationship

As for the body language - Asian's have it all differently than the rest of the world. They grow up with those differences and they're so huge it's impossible for us to read their body language and even facial expressions. I work in a place where we have systematic visits from Korea, China and Japan and I'd say Chinese people are way more open than Korean and Japanese. They're not so afraid of "losing their face" as Korean and Japanese (especially Korean, which is funny because I always thought Chinese would be like that the most, Japanese second and Korean 3rd, but it's completely different!). Besides, it's a manga, pictures, and the author isn't always perfect with drawings so I wouldn't read too much into it. And there's also a fact of Sumin usually wearing this tired, bored or sad face. What's interesting though is the fact that Seju got all angry while Sumin was completely calm.

joined Jun 6, 2016

Double standard.

Nope, and here's why:
Sungji:
- she broke up with Sumin

Seju:
- she slept with the bartender while being in a relationship without thinking about Sumin
- she slept with the bartender because she was angry at Sumin for losing the ring (what a childish reason...) and probably even missed sex (Sumin wasn't in a mood for a while)
- she knew very well what she was doing and enjoyed it, then lied to Sumin because she didn't want to this mistake ruin their relationship

As for the body language - Asian's have it all differently than the rest of the world. They grow up with those differences and they're so huge it's impossible for us to read their body language and even facial expressions. I work in a place where we have systematic visits from Korea, China and Japan and I'd say Chinese people are way more open than Korean and Japanese. They're not so afraid of "losing their face" as Korean and Japanese (especially Korean, which is funny because I always thought Chinese would be like that the most, Japanese second and Korean 3rd, but it's completely different!). Besides, it's a manga, pictures, and the author isn't always perfect with drawings so I wouldn't read too much into it. And there's also a fact of Sumin usually wearing this tired, bored or sad face. What's interesting though is the fact that Seju got all angry while Sumin was completely calm.

Sorry but your opinion doesn't make sense to me still...lol And it's kinda pointless to force anything to you since you're just that closed

But the ending is already near and it's cornered to blonde team so.... happy for you

last edited at May 3, 2017 1:49PM

joined Dec 9, 2014

When Lezhin did their "who's you favorite lesbian couple" contest for their man was, they had Sumin x Sungji contesting for wdtfs.
Which says a lot imo, since it shows who they are promoting as the main couple for these series.

I know if someone likes a particular character more, maybe we tend to see the story from this character's perspective. But this is not always the reality.

And since it seems they are promoting Suminx Sungji, it will only make sense that the last chapters will be centered around them more.
Seju spinoff also gives me this impression too. It makes more sense to give her a spinoff because they need to focus more on Sungji in the end.

joined Feb 4, 2017

Besides, it's a manga, pictures, and the author isn't always perfect with drawings so I wouldn't read too much into it

ah, so an image artist makes huge mistakes in drawing facial expressions ! and it is impossible for us to understand them.. well, you can be right
what does Gaji know anyways XD

joined Jun 6, 2016

When Lezhin did their "who's you favorite lesbian couple" contest for their man was, they had Sumin x Sungji contesting for wdtfs.
Which says a lot imo, since it shows who they are promoting as the main couple for these series.

I know if someone likes a particular character more, maybe we tend to see the story from this character's perspective. But this is not always the reality.

And since it seems they are promoting Suminx Sungji, it will only make sense that the last chapters will be centered around them more.
Seju spinoff also gives me this impression too. It makes more sense to give her a spinoff because they need to focus more on Sungji in the end.

Yep... the way they picked sungji x sumin means something lol

Although I really do want sumin to finally regret and loving seju back. But I also think that sumin will end up with sungji since ch 60+

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Strapon sex was kind of related to it, I think. It showed how much it scarred Sumin's mind - she puked afterwards.

Agree.

True.
Also, more Sumin x Sungji stories to come after the manga ends.

joined Dec 9, 2014

Sorry but your opinion doesn't make sense to me still...lol And it's kinda pointless to force anything to you since you're just that closed

But the ending is already near and it's cornered to blonde team so.... happy for you

It's pointless to force something because you are not supposed to force something down to anyone lol.
We are just discussing and everyone brings points to back up their opinions. It's not being closed, it's seeing things from different perspective.
And the fact that teamblonde is winning team doesn't mean everyone has to see things through their perspective.

last edited at May 3, 2017 1:57PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

heheheh what is up with being paranoid ! XD
let Sungji and Sumin have more sex.. Sungji is getting better at it

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

My opinion is as valuable as yours and I could say the same of you, but I'm not because we are all free to have those opinions. It's not being closed.

Just because I'm team blonde doesn't mean I hate Seju and can't see why people wish for Sumin x Seju end up together even though I can't see this relationship being healthy ever again.

joined Dec 9, 2014

They're def gonna take two chapters of Sumin x Sungji having sex for the grand finale.
So subtract these from the plot too lol.

joined Feb 4, 2017

They're def gonna take two chapters of Sumin x Sungji having sex for the grand finale.
So subtract these from the plot too lol.

at this rate, Sumin is going to impregnate Sungji :P

To reply you must either login or sign up.