Forum › Posts by SrNevik

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Is the translation dead? Is at least the original work still going?

It is still going. It's at about chapter 18 and doing fine. The translation though seems to be dead for whatever reason. I would love for someone to pick this up.

last edited at Jun 1, 2024 2:26PM

joined Sep 10, 2022

[Remainder for Story elements from past chapters]
For Sena And Mashiro, I think they from same Orphanage (Mashiro got thrown away by her parents when she was little), so Mashiro viewed Sena as her onee-sama probably due to same Orphanage and used to have a crush on (Aiming to be clinical psychologist to support Sena dream of building a child-caring facility/etc.- MC's onee-chan aiming to be Sena's support).

Thanks for the reminder. I only remembered they weren't biologically related because there wasn't an incest freakout in the comments about Mashiro having a crush on Sena.

Aren't they exes, though? Then it's still juicy in my book. :-)

I don't think they ever dated. Mashiro had a crush on Sena though. She either confessed and was rejected or never said anything and was heartbroken when Sena started dating Makino's big sister. Can't recall which one.

Mashiro originally pursued her profession largely because of Sena, if I remember correctly. She felt like she had been replaced by Makino's sister back then.

last edited at May 30, 2024 8:35AM

joined Sep 10, 2022

...Even though MC is a bit dumb at least she can be proud of being smarter than a few dumb people in here [Sorry~] XD

Oh...we got another one.

last edited at May 30, 2024 4:13PM

joined Sep 10, 2022

"I pray that I'll get to have lots of sex with Mashiro-san this year too."
Lmao Makino has to be just a little scummy every chapter to live up to the manga's name.

Super cute. Somehow I forgot this is a "family affair:" sisters dating their girlfriend's sister. When she finds out, the mom's head will explode and it'll be fantastic.

Mashiro and Sena aren't actually sisters, if that's what you're saying here.

Yeah I got mixed up.

joined Sep 10, 2022

Such a lovely ending to a lovely series. I wonder what the special chapter will be about.

last edited at May 29, 2024 6:49PM

joined Sep 10, 2022

Super cute. Somehow I forgot this is a "family affair:" sisters dating their girlfriend's sister. When she finds out, the mom's head will explode and it'll be fantastic. Mashiro has also come a long way, being able to show off her lover like that. They really have a wholesome relationship, despite the periodical chaos--or maybe the wholesomeness stands out because it survives all that chaos.

last edited at May 29, 2024 6:35PM

SrNevik
joined Sep 10, 2022
Gokadyzxaaakjjm-orig

Yeah, it was hilarious and a good time--both days.

SrNevik
joined Sep 10, 2022
Gokadyzxaaakjjm-orig

@juanelric Major collab event produced by Doki. Happend this past weekend. Multiple vtubers involved from different companies.

SrNevik
joined Sep 10, 2022

Confession time:

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw the title and the NTR tag was that dreadful Ariana Grande song.

Probably on purpose. The song title is the tagline for this oneshot on Pixiv and is likely the point of the title. This oneshot is from 2019.

last edited at May 28, 2024 9:48AM

joined Sep 10, 2022

The last 3 I'd recommend are "Vowrune," "Bulletproof Candy" and "Rainbow!".

Btw, if I am allowed to do some shameless self-advertising, I have a webtoon of my own. It is super small and I am still learning, it's called: Not her Again sorry for the offtopic, lol.

I'll be perusing your wares.

I recently binged this and I must say Morinaga Milk has grown a lot with her writing. The first story I read and loved by her was obviously Girlfriends. I was a young adult then. And I just love how this manga is so mature, when I have grown older now too and appreciate exactly this kind of story more. There's so much psychological tension, but the couple life is so sweet. I also love how it is such a "normal" yuri story. Like they are a couple and who cares that it's two women. I enjoy that the drama is not at all about the yuri, but about the character's feelings. This comic is just a really nice couple life drama story.

Agreed. Her stories have an effortless quality to them. Love your comment about the narrative being about them as people too. They're allowed to be imperfect in flawed ways. Lots of manga characters are "imperfect" in acceptable ways.

last edited at May 28, 2024 6:56AM

SrNevik
joined Sep 10, 2022

^As it stands I agree, but it could easily become NTR if it had more chapters, and the story focused somewhat on showing the het couple being loveydovey and the guy being sweet, but she keeps cheating on him just for the hot sex.
Im kinda assuming that is the future the author has in mind, assuming they tagged it ntr. If she dumps him right away for the new girl, it really wouldnt want an ntr tag.

Netori is because it's from the POV of our MC. It wouldn't become NTR unless we took the POV of the man, which wouldn't happen. I doubt Sal Jiang labeled this anything of the sort though. NVM: she did.

Not always in fact- tho im not a huge NTR fan ive played some NTR games ive liked that were entirely from the woman's perspective. And some switch between her and the guy. So while you might normally play or be from the guys perspective you can do NTR just fine from the womans as she falls or is pressured into temptation.

To be Netori it needs to be from the perspective of the villian guy stealing the girl away.

Yes that's what I meant. Our "villain" is the woman here.

joined Sep 10, 2022

One thing I've noticed is that Takeshima Eku had been retweeting the first 5 episodes posts with the first two having celebration arts, but after ep 6 they just stopped completely LOL

She's always erratic with her posting habits. If she doesn't post again for the rest of the run then maybe we come back and gossip. By post I mean retweets since that's all that pops up on my notifications.

last edited at May 26, 2024 5:37PM

joined Sep 10, 2022

Isn't the title more about her own beginnings? Do we think she's going viral from this? I didn't really get that from the chapter, though I see where everyone else is coming from.

What is the point of having a through-the-lens shot of a video of Mitsuki playing taken by a stranger if not for the video to be posted somewhere?

There are many reasons for a shot like that. For one, it could be part of the setting. It's natural for "street" performers to be recorded like this and Sumiko might have wanted to represent that real world excitement and atmosphere, while also creating an interesting panel composition.

Again, I wouldn't be surprised if this did lead to a viral hit. That would work too and I'm not against the idea. She also mentioned "wanting to be up there too, etc." which would compliment the idea. It just didn't cross my mind when reading the chapter.

last edited at May 26, 2024 6:09PM

joined Sep 10, 2022

Isn't the title more about her own beginnings? Do we think she's going viral from this? I didn't really get that from the chapter, though I see where everyone else is coming from.

last edited at May 26, 2024 1:11PM

SrNevik
joined Sep 10, 2022

^As it stands I agree, but it could easily become NTR if it had more chapters, and the story focused somewhat on showing the het couple being loveydovey and the guy being sweet, but she keeps cheating on him just for the hot sex.
Im kinda assuming that is the future the author has in mind, assuming they tagged it ntr. If she dumps him right away for the new girl, it really wouldnt want an ntr tag.

Netori is because it's from the POV of our MC. It wouldn't become NTR unless we took the POV of the man, which wouldn't happen. I doubt Sal Jiang labeled this anything of the sort though. NVM: she did.

last edited at May 26, 2024 10:20AM

SrNevik
joined Sep 10, 2022

The "tonight" makes it a bit weird - does she expect to stay together with him after this?

I wouldn't look into that too much. She wouldn't suddenly break up with him right there in front of everyone and in that atmosphere anyway, so "tonight" is what she'd say just to getaway. She could break up once things have calmed down. We'll never know, but that's what I'm leaning towards.

last edited at May 26, 2024 8:43AM

joined Sep 10, 2022

When Beniko said "awful person", I wanted to know the reasons she said so.

Whenever I'm reading romance manga, I always need to keep reminding myself that the whole "going against societal and familial expectations to pursue your own desires" thing reads much differently and much more powerfully in Japanese culture than in the US (and elsewhere). Of course, that's always been a common theme of romance stories worldwide, but the whole "individual vs. society" issue was especially relevant in Taisho-era Japan.

In this case, Beniko already starts out feeling guilty and responsible for the two girls who committed suicide, and she thinks of herself as an "awful person" because of her desire to (from society's point of view) completely ruin the life prospects of this innocent girl and cut her off from her remaining family.

All that being said, your post motivated me to re-read this whole series and reminded me that it may be my top "inject this stuff directly into my veins" yuri series of all time. I could watch these two flirt and cuddle forever.

I miss Nagori Yu. One-shots, fragments of series, whatever--I'd take it.

She's still got ongoing work, just not translated it seems.

last edited at May 26, 2024 8:37AM

joined Sep 10, 2022

There's the question of... would we rather have one season where it ends abruptly and then "never" get a second season to continue the rest of the story just like a lot of other yuri anime, or would we prefer having them rush the adaptation to fit that major key point of the manga (AkiShiho's reconciliation) in this one and only season?

If done well, I'd rather the latter. It's just they normally don't do that well and instead cut things without proper considerations. I'd love if more shows consulted the author for a script that reworks and condenses the same material into a 12 episode format, rather than what seems to be done. But we'll see!

last edited at May 26, 2024 8:36AM

SrNevik
joined Sep 10, 2022

Seems like that dude dodged a bullet, given the speed of flip-flopping. Lol.

She said "oh wait, you were actually an option? Yeah I made a mistake and I'll be going home with you tonight!"

last edited at May 26, 2024 8:38AM

joined Sep 10, 2022

Regarding the adaptation: Quality issues aside, it's way too rushed. They'll adapt five chapters (an entire volume, basically) in the next episode (up to Chapter 25), for example.

It's kind of funny, since I originally thought they were going to adapt only Himari and Yori's Arc (with Shiho's introduction as a cliffhanger), then, after the first couple of episodes, up to the bet between Aki and Shiho (which will happen in the next episode), and then up to the Summer Festival (Chapters 31/32). But if they go beyond that point (which seems likely now), I guess they might adapt the whole Arc, which I hope won't happen, as that would be very unsatisfying.

Yeah I figured they'd really want to get to Shiho and Aki's stuff, since everything picks up from there and a lot of interest comes from that situation. I always thought the anime would be split, 6 episodes on YoriHima and 6 on AkiShiho. I just don't know how they'll handle the ending.

If they do intend to squeeze the entire arc into the last 6, I think the pacing would be a mess unless they have a real creative vision. There's fat they could cut but most of the time series will just skip events with seemingly no real consideration or thought.

last edited at May 25, 2024 8:31PM

joined Sep 10, 2022

Nice finale of the fight; that two page spread was awesome.

Right? Love this series.

joined Sep 10, 2022

I feel like if this series were on a strictly online platform, it would fair better. It feels like most of the Korean series I read are long running and mostly all exclusively hosted on online services. I've seen more manga move in this direction as well. The move to Fanbox is similar but without the marketing and website traffic. I wonder about this stuff but haven't looked into it enough.

Yeah physical media seems to restrict access and sales at least a bit, especially when it's the go to determination of success or failure. I think digital is good for getting media to a bigger audience, though I also wish physical didn't seem to be dying entirely. I still love to own series in print, physical movies/shows/video games.

Consider the many thriving and financially stable Patreon's from girls love writers (among others) whose work gains popularity on Webtoon or Tapas--not to mention whatever money is gotten through contracts, etc. I strongly believe writers like Kamejiro would be able to garner a similar sustainable audience if she were given the same opportunity, rather than having a series axed for good.

Adding on: I imagine something like this published on Tapas, for example, would do really well. Those sites aren't perfect by any means though. I do agree with you about wanting physical to stay but it's difficult. Still, some of the more popular online releases will get physicals eventually rather than depending on physical sales to exist at all.

last edited at May 23, 2024 2:19PM

joined Sep 10, 2022

i'm so thankful there are plans to continue and i hope the author can get all the support they need. the feeling i get from this that's been pretty consistent with cancellations i've seen is that unless your yuri story fits into very defined and conventional molds it is always at risk of being axed. publishers and often the general public want safe and familiar comfort media so when something unique pops up its met with more caution and criticism.
and as always capitalism is the death of art and what have you

A lot of Yuri media is at risk of being axed in general, it doesn't have the reach Het or Yaoi series do. Though a lot of series get the axe in general, even for as hugely popular as Naruto still is the creator's series after Naruto was axed. Though and getting a little off topic here, I'm still more so worried about the consolidation of almost all American media under very few umbrellas. Take even just game companies, if you get bought out by Microsoft there's a pretty good chance your studio is going to bite the dust unless you're one of the biggest devs, and there's other buyouts that are a mess. So it goes, getting back on topic though, at least the mangaka here still has control of the series, and can self publish + receive reader donations. That's at least still a better outcome than a lot of creators/media get.

Edit: Also I'm still waiting on Yuri anime to get 2nd seasons in general, Yagakami genuinely deserves a complete adaption imo. I wish to live in a world where Princess of Sylph, comfort Yuri, and so fourth can all coexist and get anime adaptions with a good budget that adapt the entire story.

The issue seems to be with the dependence on physical sales. I feel like if this series were on a strictly online platform, it would fair better. It feels like most of the Korean series I read are long running and mostly all exclusively hosted on online services. I've seen more manga move in this direction as well. The move to Fanbox is similar but without the marketing and website traffic. I wonder about this stuff but haven't looked into it enough.

last edited at May 23, 2024 2:10PM

SrNevik
joined Sep 10, 2022

If we're moving into a new arc and we have to center one of the two, I'd much rather we focus on Yamada. I'd rather Yamada's story not be wholly centered around reacting to Kase's struggles this time. Maybe I'm forgetting but I feel like we've been leaning more into Kase for a bit now.

last edited at May 23, 2024 2:22PM

joined Sep 10, 2022

Can someone tell me how this Fanbox works and how to do it? I'm gonna throw some money at the author because this is one of my favorites

If you're familiar with Patreon it's similar to that. She's also working to have an English version as well.

last edited at May 23, 2024 4:21AM