Forum › Student x Teacher discussion

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

AY. What does the site think in regards to Tutors and this tag? Generally they're tagged with this tag, although they're technically different things. Would you want tutors being added as a alias to the tag, or would you prefer a separate tag for it. There's a few stories involving tutors specifically, but I don't wanna go making the tag if people would prefer it as part of this. Thoughts pls

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

To me tutor x student is pretty much same thing as teacher x student as it works in similar way, but since I don't search for those tags, maybe there are some nuance to them I'm not aware off.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'd leave it covering both, as you say it's a fairly small difference. You've still got an adult teaching a child, although it doesn't have the school trappings. Those might be make-or-break for some, but I think we've got few enough it doesn't matter too much.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I agree with Nezchan and Nevri. At most I think the alias idea would work but I don't think even that's actually necessary.

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Generally they're tagged with this tag, although they're technically different things.

Odd; I didn't remember this being the case. The story that came to mind was Fragments of Love, which isn't.

Would you want tutors being added as a alias to the tag, or would you prefer a separate tag for it.

Neither. I think Age gap does the trick.

I'd leave it covering both, as you say it's a fairly small difference. You've still got an adult teaching a child, although it doesn't have the school trappings. Those might be make-or-break for some, but I think we've got few enough it doesn't matter too much.

I think the differences are more substantial than this. On the one hand, the age gap will tend to be smaller: 2-5 years instead ... let's say 5-10. On the hand, the power dynamics are totally different: a teacher occupies a formal position of authority, with a real ability to directly impact the future of their students and to punish them for disobedience, while earning a proper salary in a socially respectable position; a tutor, meanwhile, basically serves at the discretion of the student's family, is vulnerable to lost income and future employment if things go badly, and is probably also still a student.

Not saying the power dynamics aren't there, and there are obviously a range of cases (including some where the tutor will also be a fulltime teacher), but I don't think that grouping it all under "adult teaching a child" is the best approach.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Same concept
I remember having one and my parents and I always called her my teacher. I havent seen her in ages now, but in my head, I still see her as a teacher and tbh she still has that form of authority over me, if I were to think about it.

Besides, Tutor x Pupil/Student whatever is too precise, while Student Teacher pretty much covers it nicely

last edited at May 24, 2016 12:23AM

joined Feb 1, 2013

I'm looking for this manga where the teacher is being hit on a student, who turns out to be the daughter of the girl she had a crush on back in school. Does anyone know what I'm looking for?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I'm looking for this manga where the teacher is being hit on a student, who turns out to be the daughter of the girl she had a crush on back in school. Does anyone know what I'm looking for?

There are two that fit the bill:

The Structural Formula of First Love

Kusanagi-san is Being Tested

last edited at May 5, 2018 1:07PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

OrangePekoe posted:

Kusanagi-san is Being Tested

Oh that is the one that I remembered and was sure it was it, but I didn't remember title and didn't know how to find it.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Renamed.

joined Mar 3, 2017

Ohh, there’s a tag for this now! Cool! :3

To reply you must either login or sign up.