Forum › Yuru Yuri discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Kyouko, the destroyer of anything cute.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Why is ch39 listed under extras and not under vol 4?

Fb_img_1519730104292
joined Sep 16, 2017

I just love that they're not getting old... Is this Pokémon in another Dimension? XD

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^That's good news :) I hope also seeing it had so much backing gets us another series too!

Chapter 41 was fun :) Kyouko actually asking Ayano to kiss her :) Shame it was for a game.

p.s in chapter 38 I wonder why it was changed from alcoholic chocolate, to the anime version where Chitose has some weird reaction to any chocolate? They had to come up with a weird nonsensical back story, and alcoholic chocolate makes some sense.

last edited at Jan 2, 2019 5:52AM

-33f604aaa1ce72d7
joined Dec 27, 2018

wow

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Me too Chitose. Me too.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

This chapter was one of my favorite episodes in the anime, and the original feels a little underwhelming...

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

This chapter was one of my favorite episodes in the anime, and the original feels a little underwhelming...

Huh, my thoughts exactly.

AnimexObsession
Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

yuru yuri never fails to make me smile. namori’s humor is universal.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I'm not crying, you're crying!
(re May 3, end of Volume 15, Ayano's Friend)

By far my favorite YuruYuri thing ever. Really defines Yuru Yuri - the blend of love, friendship and pathos. Poor Ayano. It totally, utterly explains a lot about her and TOSHINOU KYOUKO!

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

I MISS MY YURU YURI

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

In my opinion, this is hands down the best manga ever written. Nothing else in my life has made me crack up as much as this series, yet it also manages to be completely warm and touching at the same time. The lack of progress when it comes to the yuri actually works in its favor I think, since then even the tiniest hint of yuri has its impact amplified by multiple orders of magnitude (as an example, I fucking lost it with excitement when Himawari and Sakurako merely linked pinkies in Chapter 128). Plus, every panel with Toshinou Kyouko in it is pure gold, whether it be hilarious or heartwarming. She's one of the best characters I've encountered in pretty much any media. I'm very much looking forward to the future of this manga (I wonder if it'll actually ever truly end?).

last edited at Jun 3, 2019 3:44AM

CaioGuedesAUT
Arqxpgpd_700w_0
joined Apr 2, 2018

It has been almost 5 months since Bakkin translated the last chapter of "Yuru Yuri" (ch 42 - Vol. 4). But so far their site is still inactive with a very promising message: "Bakkin website has been part of an online drama that we definitely did not want to be a part of. As of now, none of the scanlated chapters are lost; however, we still do want to get our hosting back, as the backup server was also in the same datacenter (×_×) and all of the Wordpress posts as well as interim translation work are hosted on the same server (yes, we are cheap...). And yes, Bakkin mail server is also hosted on the same VPS, so that is down, too :(, so don't try to email us. We'll see if they can get our stuff back next week. Otherwise, we'll be moving host. Hang on tight!". (https://bakkin.moe/)

At least they will proceed with the translation of some missing chapters while retrieving the server from your site as soon as possible. But one thing is certain, "Yuru Yuri" will not be canceled so easily, the fun will continue! ^_^

Meanwhile, the Brazilian Portuguese translation of the manga is sunk in limbo: only 22 chapters in two volumes (except the extras) have been translated for some time (https://unionmangas.top/manga/yuru-yuri) (https://mangahosted.com/manga/yuru-yuri-mh21741). Even so, some online manga sites describe the manga's status as "in progress" even though there are no new chapter updates.

So... If they can not do anything about "Yuru Yuri" on this issue, I will have to translate the manga myself into Brazilian Portuguese by myself! >:) (I only understand English which is the easiest language to apply and I have all the volumes of "Yuru Yuri" in my files in their original language - from Japanese I understand almost all the lines...)

joined Jun 11, 2018

yay some news at least. i was wondering why no update in half year. also wondering if namori has/is going to pick up yryr again, since it was on hiatus due to another series that already aired last year iirc

on the other hand its surprising to see a schoolgirl comedy last this many years and seasons, love yryr and looking forward to the new movie

joined Mar 15, 2017

also wondering if namori has/is going to pick up yryr again, since it was on hiatus due to another series that already aired last year iirc

There's been 10 chapters of Yuru Yuri from Namori so far this year. Also chapters of Yuri Yuri and Oomuro-ke.

joined Jun 11, 2018

There's been 10 chapters of Yuru Yuri from Namori so far this year. Also chapters of Yuri Yuri and Oomuro-ke.

yay ^^

Unnamed
joined Jan 15, 2018

Not sure if it's been noted, but for anyone interested in translation notes:

The first page of the uploaded chapter has the header "This is for you who thinks 'No One Acknowledges Me' ".
The original text まだ本気を出していない貴方へ is not a quote and translates to [You still aren't making a serious effort]

At the bottom of the the following page, the 'title page' if you will, it reads "Does Miraku-run cause miracles!?"
The original Japanese 永遠はあるらしいよ。。。ならば奇跡は!? translates more closely to:
[It seems like (it's been) an eternity...is it a miracle!?]

...I don't know who or what Miraku-run is, it's not in the original text o.o

(Backstory: I'm reading the manga in Japanese and thought to check if my understanding matched existing translations. Which made me and a Japanese peer reading with me realize, there be some mistranslations here)

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

http://bakkin.moe/

Updated with a more extensive damage report and call for help. Hope they can pull through...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

uncertain posted:

http://bakkin.moe/

Updated with a more extensive damage report and call for help. Hope they can pull through...

That's actually a really awful situation, and yet they're still looking for help to continue! an amazing and admirable dedication

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Fs in the chat for Akari :'( lo/
Welcome back yuru yuri and bakkin team! thanks for the release

joined May 11, 2019

Hell yeah it's back. Thank you Bakkin!

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Reactor going critical

To reply you must either login or sign up.