Forum › 404: Men Not Found discussion

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

The reason I said Female Only feels like a hentai tag, is because in vast majority of hentai readers, you can often see threesomes tagged with Yuri, whille Het tag doesn't exist - so that tag can be used for searching actual yuri. Well, it's more about "mood" than meaning.

Personally, I'm not too fond of this one, cause it's "internet-y". And chromosome version was "science-y".

How about "No males land" ^_^

I don't know what readers do you use but Hentai Galleries and Ex Hentai tag as Yuri, every single piece of work that has two women being intimate. As you can guess, this leads to a TON of het works being tagged as yuri.

These days, to look there for actual yuri content you have to use the "females only" tag that fits perfectly with the way we're using this tag here.

aren't you two of the same opinion ?

edit : By the way, sciency is good and sciency + joke is even better ._.

last edited at Feb 5, 2016 2:10PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

And that is why I exclusively use Dynasty Scans.

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

I like the change of the tag. I'm a trans girl. There are decent odds that I'm XY chromosomal, but I'm still a girl. The old tag was kinda othering and I'm glad to see it changed and I know I'm not alone in feeling that way.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Irrelevant, if you identify yourself as a girl. You're a girl, period.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Thiron's "No males land" sounds good

last edited at Feb 5, 2016 5:50PM

joined Jan 11, 2015

I don't know what this tag is really about, but most of yuri mangas have no male characters in it right? Is this tag really useful, I wonder?

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I don't know what this tag is really about, but most of yuri mangas have no male characters in it right? Is this tag really useful, I wonder?

From my understanding, it's for stories taken place in an alternate universe that has no males.
It is useful imo.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Is not necessarily an alternate universe, as long there isn't males in sight it qualifies.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Is not necessarily an alternate universe, as long there isn't males in sight it qualifies.

Then I'd take back what I said. Now I don't think this tag is much useful on Dynasty lol. As long as I don't see het tag, it's already good enough.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

ieeheh posted:

Then I'd take back what I said. Now I don't think this tag is much useful on Dynasty lol. As long as I don't see het tag, it's already good enough.

The idea of tag was any work that doesn't contain males, but on Dynasty it was only used for longer series that had bigger cast of females with no males, so this tag is truly not that useful. If it is how it is going to be use, it should be renamed again and its description updated to properly reflect its use.

last edited at Feb 7, 2016 6:40AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Or, just stop being used at all, since it's barely used anyway and it seems to aggravate some people.

Kinda surprising how just changing that tag made so many people go frantic about it. It's just a tag. As somebody before mentioned, those shouldn't be taken too seriously as it's kinda obvious some of them are made as a joke rather than with the purpose of tracking actual content. We do have a ham tag after all.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I think the tag Manly is offending to people with hormonal dysfunctions.

It should be renamed.

(ノ`◇´)ノ~┻━┻

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Yeah and the Onion tag is offending to every other vegetable. Why only onions have a tag ? We should either rename it as Vegetable or make a tag for every vegetable. And what about fruits ? Did you think about these poor fruits unrepresented ?

joined May 23, 2015

I mean, lately it seems like no matter how minor a thing it is, it will spark a huge argument around here.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

moguTL posted:

I mean, lately it seems like no matter how minor a thing it is, it will spark a huge argument around here.

We have a lot of free time

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

ieeheh posted:

The idea of tag was any work that doesn't contain males, but on Dynasty it was only used for longer series that had bigger cast of females with no males, so this tag is truly not that useful. If it is how it is going to be use, it should be renamed again and its description updated to properly reflect its use.

You seem to have gotten turned around a bit by my comments. Using it for big casts of females with no females is how I personally would like to see it used. Note that I have had no impact to date on the use of the tag. This is just me saying it as a plain ol' reader, nothing official.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Using it for big casts of females with no females is how I personally would like to see it used.

So, basically, it can only be used for those philosophical discussions with no characters whatsoever.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Using it for big casts of females with no females is how I personally would like to see it used.

So, basically, it can only be used for those philosophical discussions with no characters whatsoever.

Um....apparently so. Very artistic, you know.

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

I expected a bit of pushback for changing the tag.
This is also why Dynasty can't let users truly have 100% control over tag input since rather than hating on the staff, they'll hate on each other (moreso than they apparently do already, anyway).
I changed it because there are legitimate cases where chromosomes don't dictate the resulting gender/sex, because of identity issues or simply because something got screwy in the biology. There hasn't been pushback on the use of the y-chromosome version of the tag from what I've seen, but I felt men not found would be slightly more appropriate for those who may have this issue but have chosen to not speak up about it or haven't visited us yet.
Tags have always been a real messy business since staff is small, tags are everywhere, and everyone has their own idea about what exactly fits what. As with joke tags, it should mostly be a sort of Dynasty flavor sort of thing as like most other sites have their own flavor to issuing their tags. We will obviously continue to take in tag change suggestions, but I'll have to sit on what else to call this tag for now (I've seen the suggestions and will take them into consideration).

last edited at Feb 7, 2016 6:11PM

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

"No Men's Land"? "Male-B-Gone"? "Where're da non-women at?" "Fewer men than K-ON"?

That said, 404: Men Not Found works rather well too. Everybody likes some web-humour once in a while.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Just call it Scandinavia, or Terra Feminarum if you wanna sound smart, I guess. Or Free Shipping Ground. Or Crackship Wonderland.

18813978_1971855406367447_9097719231150376078_n
joined Sep 1, 2017

That tag sounded like something out from the fans on the Love Live! Universe.

(Seriously, they made this joke since then and during Sunshine's airing.)

TheWidow-Sensei
Capture%20_2019-08-15-23-46-48-2
joined Dec 1, 2017

Y Chromosome =/= male gender.

Unknown%20(1)
joined Jan 30, 2019

my lesbian fantasy

Iloveherface
joined Jul 12, 2020

The perfect reality

To reply you must either login or sign up.