Forum › Love Live! discussion

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

I'm starting to get hooked with this anime. I was able to watch the whole anime and now I'm very much interested to read the manga series. Google can't seem to give me an english translated copy. So yeah. I was wondering, is there an english translated copy of its manga? If yes. please. I ask for your super powers as to where I can read it. Very much appreciated! :D

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

ComicWalker has a few chapters translated.

10698506_356095501219916_3104907167461467085_n
joined Sep 21, 2013

am i the only one here that really wants to see nico-chan drawn as a lil imp with maki done as a kitsune or something?
atleast what i imagine them drawn as would be really cute

10698506_356095501219916_3104907167461467085_n
joined Sep 21, 2013

we need arisa x yukino doujin now come on one of you amazeing wrighter please do one

joined Jun 12, 2012

And thus Maki x Niko dominated the doujin market for Love Live

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Well, kind of make sense. Two tsundere together, that was bound to be popular. XD

Won't complain, as I really like those two, but I'd love to see a bit more about the other girls. And yeah, would love to see some arisaxyukiho doujin as well.

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

A scanlator translated chapters 1-7 (vol 1) of the manga so there's that if you're interested.
Love Live is great, it's what got me into translating and it's still what keeps me going as far as anything 2D goes.

And of course Nico x Maki is my reason to live~

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

"The Moment the Tears Running Down Your Cheek Turn Into Stars In The Night Sky "

that title though

<3

last edited at Feb 10, 2015 9:19PM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

We might get some NozoRin pretty soon

http://bato.to/read/_/311830/love-live-school-idol-diary_ch7_by_pudding-heart

It seems to me that this author put so much pairing in his manga that it just destroy them all... they are just all friend, there are no other option. Well that's the official thing and it's not yuri, that was to be expected... but still...

last edited at Mar 23, 2015 11:30AM

joined Jun 9, 2011

It seems to me that this author put so much pairing in his manga that it just destroy them all... they are just all friend, there are no other option. Well that's the official thing and it's not yuri, that was to be expected... but still...

Meh something for everybody, its to be expected from Sakurako.

Sometimes its just easier to think of µ's as one big OT9 and be done with it

Ava
joined Mar 22, 2015

I know this has been long covered in LLSIF a while ago, but seeing the actual art is way more... soothing?

and you know that people make books based on whichever they like, not necessarily based on what official go with, that is if you're referring/assuming that we're going to see lots of NozoRin doujin. (I have lots of examples for that, but I don't intend to make a wall, so I shall pass on writing that)

Kimino does probably intend to pair everyone, although the most apparent so far is HonoEli/HonoUmi/HonoKoto + the jealous Umi, while some of them didn't leave much impact.

It's always better to think µ's as OT9 or OT9/3.
There's no official yuri pairing (yet), that's one thing for sure.

If anything counts, the next Dengeki G's comi smells like KotoUmi but I'd bet that the content doesn't go as far as what people expect, seeing how Kimino does LOVE to mislead sometimes.

joined Jun 9, 2011

^ Well yeah this IS the writer of Strawberry Panic we're talking about, and for the kotoumi issue i highly doubt she'll write a Kotori/Umi centric manga without throwing in Honoka somewhere to cause some chaos.

Ava
joined Mar 22, 2015

^ Pretty much expected right?
If that happens though, I should expect people going by "Goddamnit Honoka stop being the third wheel" or something like that on 2ch (or pre-much everywhere) '~'
Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to the issue.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Personally the idea of a OT9 just put me off. Either you go for all friend, no real subtext, or you go for consistent subtext (no change of pairing every chapter).

Yes, people make doujin with the pairing then like but a large proportion comes from an official setting or official facts. Be fore this one I dob't remember seing much interaction between NOzomi and RIn

last edited at Mar 24, 2015 5:03AM

Ava
joined Mar 22, 2015

OT9 is just one big family. No yuri implied, or even if there is, it's minimal. (Or you can really say it that's SID manga currently looks like)

If memory recalls correctly, NozoRin pairing is more based on Audio drama, but that aside I don't think it'd be as popular as current hyped pairing. If anything, it'd go as far as where KotoMaki/UmiRin/HonoNico sits. (the cuts pairing)
Creating a story about it going to be painfully hard as well, that is unless people decided to hype NozoRin pairing....
Considering all the NozoEli/NozoNico and RinPana/RinMaki pairing.... I wonder...

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Well I don't remember clearly for the rest of the manga (I don't remember it to be really different) but I found NozoRin subtext too strong. Look at the beginning, the others member step back to let Rin and Nozomi be alone together and have some private moement... why do they need to be alone together ? If there are no subtext then the manga is just incoherent. Or does they have a special relationship in the manga ? And the whole chapter breath yuri subtext

In my eyes, there is yuri implied (more than the anime, the game and the others)... and forced... with every member... in any combination. And that's why the big family thing doesn't work for me

last edited at Mar 24, 2015 1:29PM

Ava
joined Mar 22, 2015

If you ask anyone why the other µ’s member stepped back, I don’t think anyone would have an answer for that.
If you’re seeing this romantically, or as something special, then it is a strong subtext. It is implied that it can be a strong subtext, but it doesn’t necessarily be one.
As for why the private moment, I believe it’s just the theme that Kimino picked/decided to go with. You can say the same for the NozoPana and NozoHono that most people already seen (and NozoHono is more misleadingly yuri-tier in context)
Special relationships in anime/manga between Rin and Nozomi are not apparent enough. They’re more apparent on audio drama where both of them are actually close and always play the tsukkomi-boke roles, aka making puns. So if you ask me, they’re actually quite close. The only question now, which LL-verse does that audio drama belong to.
To be fair though, all these pairing business are more of something that has yet to be developed. If there’s one pairing that suddenly pops out and it’s an odd pairing, see it as something that has yet to be developed. That is however, depends on how deep the context be (As how popular it is, it’ll depends on how many people would hype the pairing, really.)
One thing that should be remembered all the time, SID doesn’t necessarily make story based on pairing, rather than, it revolves around character development, and this one is just a tiny clip of it.
This one chapter doesn’t breathe much yuri. It didn’t reach that high enough to be one. Being paired together for private moment alone is not good enough. P 16/18/20/23 may implies those, but, it’s more of a “Good friend” relationship and “On spur of moment admiration – P.23” rather than yuri. It may become a good material in the future, but as for now, I don’t see anything that stimulates that yuri-excitement.
Speaking of yuri implication, the game (especially those side stories and Ch 27 valentine) and audio drama reeks of yuri more than anything. Dengeki G’s issues are baits of baits.
If OT9 doesn’t work in your eyes, then it’s just the way it is. Everyone has their own preference, right?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

The Love Live

it never ends

I'm drowning in a ocean of Love Live releases

but hey, at least its cute.

joined Jan 30, 2015

The Love Live

it never ends

I'm drowning in a ocean of Love Live releases

but hey, at least its cute.

it will destroy us all, but in a very mild way

joined Mar 18, 2012

Watching the anime, on episode 10, and I came running looking for what I thought was a sure-fire OTP.

Alas, there isn't even an Eri x Maki tag. D8 D8 D8

joined May 24, 2014

http://kotaku.com/high-school-student-arrested-for-threatening-to-kill-an-1728177947?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Just when you thought anime fans couldn't get any more socially inferior, this is why I'm not vocal about anything I like...EVER

Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

I'm so deep in this Love Live hell..and still diving deeper..xD I want mooooaaar NozoEli plssss...haha

last edited at Sep 12, 2015 12:43AM

Redsea2
joined Jun 2, 2015

One day there will be another UmiMaki. And I will enjoy it.

Watching the anime, on episode 10, and I came running looking for what I thought was a sure-fire OTP.

Alas, there isn't even an Eri x Maki tag. D8 D8 D8

This too. They're in two subunits together for Christ's sake. It'll wouldn't even be too hard to imagine.

Fb_img_1435237311840
joined Feb 23, 2015

Its been a while since Love Live has ended, and new sunshine to shine... Soo im wondering if they release a doujin where the story center between μ's and Aqours... Thats... Brilliant idea right?

joined Jun 30, 2016

Zura :3

To reply you must either login or sign up.