Forum › Can't Run From My Student discussion

Adashima
joined Sep 3, 2018

On the attack, yes, but also sheepish at times and bit leery of certain physical contact, which given her usual bulldog assertiveness was pretty cute.

Most definitely, she was super cute and I love how the author draws her when she is happy of getting into the apartment yet she still has her usual inexpressive look. Also bulldog assertiveness is a phrase I'm stealing.

I think it’s hilarious that she’s such a juggernaut about such an inappropriate relationship (it wouldn’t take all much of a tweak for a character like this to turn full yandere, not that I think it’ll happen here).

Yeah I was actually thinking that too, if the story wanted to go darker, she kinda meets all the requisites to build a believable yandere. But yeah no way that's happening here (here's hoping at least)

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Also bulldog assertiveness is a phrase I'm stealing.

You're welcome to it--enjoy.

I think it’s hilarious that she’s such a juggernaut about such an inappropriate relationship (it wouldn’t take all much of a tweak for a character like this to turn full yandere, not that I think it’ll happen here).

Yeah I was actually thinking that too, if the story wanted to go darker, she kinda meets all the requisites to build a believable yandere. But yeah no way that's happening here (here's hoping at least)

it's that onslaught of affection regardless of what the target says or does that she shares with a true yandere--the sinister flip side of "he's my lover and only I can kill him" is entirely missing, though. It will be interesting to see what kind of serious-adult resistance sensei Dumbshit will be able to muster against her.

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

I tried giving it a chance, but the useless adult just makes me cringe a lot.

Too bad cause the art style looks really cool

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

The more I read this the more I enjoy it actually. Some of the traits of the characters I liked less from chapter 1 have kinda faded a bit (teacher isn't as creepy in the past few chapters with those pay me with your body jokes, the student is a little less tsundere). Serious student x shlubby useless teacher is okay, but serious/flirty and teasy student x shlubby guy trying his best in spite of everything is great, big plus.

Excited to see more =w=

last edited at Feb 25, 2022 3:28PM

NamiBlueFeather
Riinu
joined Jun 10, 2019

Takayama sure is a slacker hmm. Makes ya wonder why he even became a teacher

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

I bet a good number of kids going towards the teaching route didn't necessarily make their best choice, or made the least bad choice out of possible choices for them, etc. so they end up jaded. Maybe that's the case with our guy, haha, an infinity of possibilities :)

joined Jan 14, 2020

The old joke is "Those who can't do, teach."

(Apologies to any teachers reading. I'll add "Those who can't teach, administrate.")

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Well, they may not be a Couple, but they certainly are Idiots.

And this may not be the face of a full-on yandere, but they both get off the train at the same station:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/cant_run_from_my_student_ch06#22

last edited at Mar 12, 2022 11:07PM

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Well, they may not be a Couple, but they certainly are Idiots.

And this may not be the face of a full-on yandere, but they both get off the train at the same station:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/cant_run_from_my_student_ch06#22

"You don't have to worry about anyone asking me out, senpai. Or anyone asking YOU out either!" smile

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, that kinda was a waste of time tbh.

It was a typical shoujo kinda thing and I don't even know who it was aimed at.

It confirms my first impression.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Well, that kinda was a waste of time tbh.

It was a typical shoujo kinda thing and I don't even know who it was aimed at.

It confirms my first impression.

It was aimed at me, lol, thanks.

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

Well. I liked this. Pity it was so short.

Homu2
joined Mar 23, 2015

Ended too soon

joined Dec 30, 2020

that's it???

bit light on the development/ plot advancement...
if all of this was condensed into ~40 pages of a one-shot, I'd probably want more...
as it stands, however, it feels kinda hollow or shallow, considering there's been six chapters of the story...
there's not enough plot to fill a volume, even if the page count is up there.

joined Jul 6, 2021

I was hoping it would go longer but I'm glad it ended on a good note at least. I love these kinds of romances ;w;

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I bet a good number of kids going towards the teaching route didn't necessarily make their best choice, or made the least bad choice out of possible choices for them, etc. so they end up jaded. Maybe that's the case with our guy, haha, an infinity of possibilities :)

On the contrary, I think most aspiring teachers (in the U.S. at least) go into the field because they're passionate about teaching. I know a family of teachers (including my oldest friend), who have taught at all levels, and they go through a lot for their kids. Some teachers end up getting burnt out, but I have no doubt they were all passionate about teaching when they started.

It's certainly not a job that pays even close to commensurate with its value or it's workload. Nobody goes into teaching to make an easy buck, especially since it's not easy to get certified.

Honestly, judging from all the war stories I've heard, I think the main thing that wears teachers down is having to deal with parents and co-workers. :P

joined Aug 13, 2021

Damn I was bummed when I saw the title drop, knew it was over. Shame, because I thought this was cute and was looking forward to seeing the characters develop.

joined Apr 6, 2021

WHAT!?!? How tf they gonna end it just like that!? This series was so good! Such a shame:(

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Oh. OH. THAT'S THE END.

Well I'm a bit disappointed. I was beginning to really enjoy it.

Ah well =w= We can all do with some short fleeting manga in our lives.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

On the contrary, I think most aspiring teachers (in the U.S. at least) go into the field because they're passionate about teaching. I know a family of teachers (including my oldest friend), who have taught at all levels, and they go through a lot for their kids. Some teachers end up getting burnt out, but I have no doubt they were all passionate about teaching when they started.

It's certainly not a job that pays even close to commensurate with its value or it's workload. Nobody goes into teaching to make an easy buck, especially since it's not easy to get certified.

Honestly, judging from all the war stories I've heard, I think the main thing that wears teachers down is having to deal with parents and co-workers. :P

Oh I'm not doubting many teachers are passionate and go in that field for the good reasons!!! It's just that, as a student, in my life, I've seen teachers that totally didn't care about us, and some that were really good at it. Some that you couldn't discuss with and didn't care about your arguments, and some that were open to what you had to say. Some that appreciated being corrected and wanted to improve, while some didn't want you to fix their errors and would rather teach their students erroneous information, "because i've always taught it like that". Etc.

And yeah, especially nowadays, with kids being kings/queens, I can't imagine the difficulty teachers must face with rules and regulations and parents.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Well, I'm also super sad it's ending ppl, I was so looking forward to the next chapter all the time!!!

Adashima
joined Sep 3, 2018

Rip can't believe it's the end, totally wanted more but it ended being just as cute as I wanted. Thanks for the trip Daphie, looking forward for you next project if you take another one <3

65794884_p0_master1200%20profpic
joined Sep 26, 2018

aaaw, so that's the end huh? overall it's a good story but it's too short >.<

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Rip can't believe it's the end, totally wanted more but it ended being just as cute as I wanted. Thanks for the trip Daphie, looking forward for you next project if you take another one <3

douitashimashite! i also think it was toooooooo short, but like you said, it ends up with a very cute very optimistic open ending, so at least it leaves us with a smile and some butterflies left from that last chapter, hahaha! i might resume working on JS-san to OL-chan for a bit, and then, i'm not sure which new title imma jump to!

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Once and awhile when I suffer from Yuri burnt out, daphie saves the day. I like this one because of the dialogue makes the manga funny the way it is. Age gap of 11 years (27 vs 16) is not that wide once she keeps growing up, such as by graduation time (29 vs 18) and University graduation time (33 vs 22). Age gap is fun when the younger one is still in middle school or first year senior high though!

To reply you must either login or sign up.