Forum › My Food Seems to Be Very Cute discussion

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

For those reading this, and other long strip series on Dynasty, consider the following plugin which will allow you to read it in one long strip:
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/17926-faq-help-suggestions?page=38#forum_post_803499

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Glad the rest was uploaded on here

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

YEEAAA SHE DID IT! I'm so proud of her!

She kinda fell into it in a way but she was going to anyway so we consider that a win~ =w=

EDIT: Kinda realized a weird thing here though. Maria is like "oh what do you think about Bai Ling crushing on you", which Bai Ling admitted... before Maria also admitted on crushing on her. And Maria didn't... bring that up? Didn't think it was a thing to talk about at all? If she had heard the Bai Ling thing, she'd have heard the other thing, right?

Also heck the demon bro. Bai Ling seems OKAY just like, y'know, a pushy straight guy. Which I'm always made uncomfy by.

last edited at Aug 29, 2022 3:06AM

joined Oct 11, 2019

I've been missing this one, and what a great spot to catch up to. Thank you scanlators for the delicious food

joined Aug 20, 2022

Ahhhhhh what a wonderful meal. I wish we could get more regular updates and that this series would get more noticed, but overall this has been fantastic! Thanks for the update!

Also Bai Ling reminds me of the straight dudes who would try and pursue me when I was younger (and less gay-looking). Overall he's not, like, a bad guy, but he's REALLY barking up the wrong tree. But since he hasn't outright confessed Xiao Lan doesn't exactly know how to deal w him. Hated those situations. Opposite of friend zone: "I really want friends, but you only see me as a romantic interest :("

EternalSongbird
joined Feb 4, 2019

Aaaaaaaaaaaah, WE GOT THERE FOLKS!!! Thank you for the updates!! I'm so happyyyyyyyy

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

YEEAAA SHE DID IT! I'm so proud of her!

She kinda fell into it in a way but she was going to anyway so we consider that a win~ =w=

EDIT: Kinda realized a weird thing here though. Maria is like "oh what do you think about Bai Ling crushing on you", which Bai Ling admitted... before Maria also admitted on crushing on her. And Maria didn't... bring that up? Didn't think it was a thing to talk about at all? If she had heard the Bai Ling thing, she'd have heard the other thing, right?

Also heck the demon bro. Bai Ling seems OKAY just like, y'know, a pushy straight guy. Which I'm always made uncomfy by.

yeah I do like Bai Ling's reaction to his friend being homophobic, like this guy is shocked that he's got an unexpected rival and probably realizes in that moment he doesn't really stand a chance if Maria is in the running too, but when his friend tries to start shit he's just immediately like "hey dude come on".

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I started reading this one on the bilibili app, it's so cute, it surely is slow paced, but hey, vampire x wolf girl. hit me up

joined Aug 30, 2021

what now??? where are the other chapters??? huhuhuhu

Screen%20shot%202020-07-16%20at%209.34.01%20pm
joined Mar 25, 2020

waaaaaaaa what happens now???? oh nooooo

joined May 3, 2014

guys read on manga dex, there are other chapters and is still ongoing there

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Yay, I'm happy to see this here.
Been reading on Bilibili, but the translation has really gone to crap over there.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Been reading on Bilibili, but the translation has really gone to crap over there.

it is terrible, same for other titles T_T

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Yeaaa, the forced downsizing sadly seems to have hit their translator capacities too. One could think they're resorting to MTL with how bad this one is now

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Now you got me a bit curious about the Bilibili translation because I found some very subpar translation of this manhua posted on... Youtube of all places (which is further ahead than Mangadex was, and I'm apparently very impatient when it comes to this story) and I assumed it was just someone's amateurish effort, but last two comments are starting to make me wonder if I wasn't reading official translation after all :P

Mikage_240_w
joined Aug 22, 2014

Bilibili's android reader was atrocious, but I tolerated up until they removed the ability to wait out paywalls.

allmarbleslost
So,%20lesbians%20square
joined May 5, 2022

That was one of the best four hour binges of my life

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Same. This is not my usual group of tags, so I ignored this series until yesterday, when I gave a chapter a try—finished Chapter 125 just now.

OMG, I love this. The art and characters are adorable, and I found it to be a very satisfying mix of slow-burn idiot romance, SOL, and long-term plot development.

The after-chapter sketches are also mega-adorable (they remind me of Itou Hachi in wholesome mode), and if I were forced at gunpoint to pick out one thing to criticize, it would be that between those sketches and the chibi-heavy scenes, it sometimes gets near to redlining on the cuteness meter (but that’s probably mostly a function of bingeing the whole thing at once).

And once again, the art: that wide scene of the amusement park was really spectacularly well-done.

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

Same. This is not my usual group of tags, so I ignored this series until yesterday, when I gave a chapter a try—finished Chapter 125 just now.

OMG, I love this. The art and characters are adorable, and I found it to be a very satisfying mix of slow-burn idiot romance, SOL, and long-term plot development.

The after-chapter sketches are also mega-adorable (they remind me of Itou Hachi in wholesome mode), and if I were forced at gunpoint to pick out one thing to criticize, it would be that between those sketches and the chibi-heavy scenes, it sometimes gets near to redlining on the cuteness meter (but that’s probably mostly a function of bingeing the whole thing at once).

And once again, the art: that wide scene of the amusement park was really spectacularly well-done.

This, "Mage and Demon Queen," and "Miss Angel and Miss Devil" are top tier in a similar way.

last edited at Mar 28, 2023 4:41PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This, "Mage and Demon Queen," and "Miss Angel and Miss Devil" are top tier in a similar way.

Thanks, I’ll check them out. Those are the very kinds of titles I tend to shy away from for various reasons, but excellent execution is always welcome.

joined Sep 10, 2022

Yeah they're great. The first 3 chapters of Miss Angel are more introductory and gag-like, then it starts getting into its more typical story based groove. It's very much still ongoing (at 362 ch.) and I'm always surprised that more don't discuss it. I imagine it likely has to do with its early translations (which improve over time).

This series is another that feels like it would be more popular here. Mage and Demon Queen is great. It's between seasons and nearing its end. They all do a good job of having relationships and slice of life but also having a forward moving plot with world building, multiple characters, themes etc. I'd say Miss Angel is the best of them but the best of it is later in the series.

last edited at Mar 28, 2023 9:47PM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Now you got me a bit curious about the Bilibili translation because I found some very subpar translation of this manhua posted on... Youtube of all places (which is further ahead than Mangadex was, and I'm apparently very impatient when it comes to this story) and I assumed it was just someone's amateurish effort, but last two comments are starting to make me wonder if I wasn't reading official translation after all :P

Unlikely the official translation, since that is behind these, not further.

Bilibili's android reader was atrocious, but I tolerated up until they removed the ability to wait out paywalls.

After that was shown to be very unpopular, they let us wait again. Just in case there was still anything you were interested there (Straight Girl Trap is my favourite).

Pulse%20pic%20cropped
joined Feb 10, 2020

Someone remind me what the little star plant light thing represents, its been a minute T_T

joined Sep 10, 2022

Someone remind me what the little star plant light thing represents, its been a minute T_T

I can help but what star plant light thing?

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

It's from the start of the chapter 123:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_food_seems_to_be_very_cute_ch123#3

So it's just a present from Maria, and I think all we got is that it runs on moonlight magic or whatever. And it reminds Maria of Xiaolan so I guess you might say it simply symbolizes her, but not sure if anything else.

To reply you must either login or sign up.