Forum › About who we have been until now, and who I will be from now on. discussion

Totsuka
joined Jan 19, 2020

I caught the Murasakino reference at the end there. Appreciate the translation!

Happy very very late birthday Honoka!!

last edited at Sep 11, 2020 6:58PM

Images
joined Aug 22, 2020

grrr, im not crying

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Mann..happy birthday Kotori!

That was painful.

Dekdek
joined Jun 28, 2020

Thanks for translating this!
I couldn't help myself sighing and saying "Oh Honoka, please don't pull the 'pls be me gf' card now" by page 27 and then facepalming on the next page.
Lovely stuff, manase 2nd years is always great content

Kazami%20yuuka3
joined Aug 6, 2017

So in the end they all stayed as friends, huh? Quite tragic, really. Might be a cynic, but absence doesn't make the heart grow fonder, rather it's out of sight out of mind.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

I like a strong dose of reality in my LL stories every once in awhile.
I think this one really gets to the heart of the three.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

So in the end they all stayed as friends, huh? Quite tragic, really. Might be a cynic, but absence doesn't make the heart grow fonder, rather it's out of sight out of mind.

I love this doujin because it shows the only reliable way to get out of a codependent situation like that. I look at it like this: if time apart doesn't diminish the love you feel for the person, it was a real love. If it does, it probably wasn't. I have no doubt these three would eventually come back together after they'd spent time finding out who they really were and what they wanted to do. But it would be because they wanted to, not because they were dependent on each other.

Kazami%20yuuka3
joined Aug 6, 2017

I love this doujin because it shows the only reliable way to get out of a codependent situation like that. I look at it like this: if time apart doesn't diminish the love you feel for the person, it was a real love. If it does, it probably wasn't. I have no doubt these three would eventually come back together after they'd spent time finding out who they really were and what they wanted to do. But it would be because they wanted to, not because they were dependent on each other.

My interpretation is a little different based on how the last few lines of dialogue are:

No matter how far apart we are
No matter how much we change
No matter when, the three of us
Will always be.... forever friends

To me, it feels like they will stay separated. Everyone has their own lives now and dreams they are pursuing. One is studying abroad, one is taking over the family business, one is still searching for her own way in life. Even though their childhood dream of being together forever is no longer possible, their bonds will never be broken. Yes, its heart wrenching, and yes, this isn't the ideal dream they all wished with all their heart deep down inside. It was a sweet dream they had to wake up from. An ending they all had to painfully accept.

God I'm sad now, gonna re-read the author's alternative story Be Happy!

last edited at Sep 12, 2020 10:48PM

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

To me, it feels like they will stay separated. Everyone has their own lives now and dreams they are pursuing. One is studying abroad, one is taking over the family business, one is still searching for her own way in life. Even though their childhood dream of being together forever is no longer possible, their bonds will never be broken. Yes, its heart wrenching, and yes, this isn't the ideal dream they all wished with all their heart deep down inside. It was a sweet dream they had to wake up from. An ending they all had to painfully accept.

This is far more likely, but maybe they'd be able to get together once in a while, like holidays.

Areyougonnatouchem-17sq
joined Jan 27, 2019

This is beautiful, in that aching, nostalgic way.

I understand Kotori's motivation here, though it's more than what she's saying, particularly when she's watching Umi compromise her own goals to match Honoka's potential. The scene with Nico is interesting — it feels like something of a reference to Manase's "Second Years", elsewhere on the site, where she's unsettled by the trio's closeness and Honoka's possessiveness.

Given that Umi and Honoka are each, ultimately, inheriting their family businesses — blocks from each other — I rather suspect they, at least, won't stay separated; but then, the two of them together, without Kotori, could end up feeling like — like a missing tooth, if you catch my meaning? You can't help but feel the absence, probe at it, whenever you become aware.

To reply you must either login or sign up.