Forum › Front Page is not showing recently released chapters, nor is the "added" tab

joined May 2, 2019

My issue is exactly what it says on the tin. Was just wondering if there might be a specific reason for this or if anyone else might be currently experiencing the same problem. The problem might have occurred before or after I added items to my black and white lists, or upon having changed the entries in my "lists" tab from private to public, but I really have no idea. Considering I put "yuri" on my white list though, for this site of all sites, it doesn't seem to make much sense that now I'd be seeing nothing at all. Will update if this changes, hopefully just a momentary hiccup.

last edited at May 21, 2020 2:21AM

joined May 2, 2019

Not sure if anyone really cares, but I've included some screenshots of my issues below.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://imgur.com/a/mBVakB7

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Anything on your blacklist that may be affecting this?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Thanks for the report, don't think this is a known issue? I'll try to replicate it so we can see what's up.

joined May 2, 2019

The entries on my black list are: guro, vore, bestiality, furry and scat (on a side note, being able to have more than 5 entries on the black list would be pretty nice, if only so I could also include a few other colorful tags like "urethral insertion" xD). I tried removing yuri from my white list just to see if somehow some wires had gotten crossed, but it didn't seem to matter.

Thanks for looking into it, I'll let you know if anything changes.

joined May 2, 2019

After spending some time with basic troubleshooting, I was able to confirm some things:

1) the issue seems to be unaffected by browser choice

2) the issue is directly tied to the status of my account, as logging out allows you to see the home page and recent releases without a problem

3) after removing ALL entries from my white list, I am able to see everything as normal

4) ADDING an entry to my white list ensures that ONLY chapters with that tag will appear, with multiple white list tags likewise ensuring that only chapters with ALL white listed tags will appear

5) it seems to be the case that there was no chapter on the site that included all 5 of my white listed tags, which would explain why I was not seeing any recent releases, period

So, in conclusion, it seems as if I might have simply been mistaken on the exact purpose of white listed tags, particularly when used in conjunction with one another? I suppose it might have helped to mention earlier that I had multiple white listed tags, but it honestly took me a while to conclude that I might have just been confused about the whole thing.

On the off-chance that anyone thinks there might still possibly be a technical issue involved, please let me know if there is anything else I can do to confirm or dismiss it.

Thanks for your time and sorry for any hassle I might have caused.

EXTRA: One thing that does still confuse me somewhat, is the fact that the white listed tags did not interfere with the "featured" or "random" chapters, nor recent images or even "most popular of the past 7 days." If this is intentional site design, alright, but it's honestly hard to tell.

last edited at May 21, 2020 11:49PM

joined Jun 12, 2019

Tried it myself and yup, seems like that's what whitelisting does: only releases with that or those tags appear
If you put yuri, you will only see updates with the yuri tag

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I was on a bit of an extended break during my first reply, and didn't wish to break it once I saw you had figured out the problem on your own!

I can confirm that there is no technical issue - the whitelisted tags will only display recently added chapters that match all of the whitelisted tags. If no such chapters exist, then you wouldn't see any. I should've considered this immediately, but I'm glad you caught it on your own!

One thing that does still confuse me somewhat, is the fact that the white listed tags did not interfere with the "featured" or "random" chapters, nor recent images or even "most popular of the past 7 days." If this is intentional site design, alright, but it's honestly hard to tell.

I wouldn't say it's intentional, at least not in an "ideal" world, but due to technical limitations it's more or less how the feature has been implemented.

My apologies for the significantly delayed reply! Hope you worked out your tags in a suitable fashion in the end.

To reply you must either login or sign up.