Forum › Mage and Demon Queen

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Anyone else reading this? Free on Webtoons, every Thursday.
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/mage-and-demon-queen/list?title_no=1438&page=1

Art is really beautiful and the story great. Genre is fantasy, with RPG and comedy elements.

last edited at Jan 31, 2020 9:41AM

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Afaik, it's not Isekai - no one came from a different world.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Well, it's recently been revealed that a hero was summoned at some point and that we maybe should know who that is. But yeah, it's of course not the focus of the story.

Maybe confused it with "gamelit"/litRPG? Since it got some traditional RPG mechanics.

Anyway, yeah I read it, and it's decent lighthearted fun. It's also been mentioned in the webtoon thread on here so I'm sure other users read it as well.
Recently been kinda annoyed though with the slavers just allowed to run away. They really needed to be murdered ^^

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Yeah, I confused it with the rpg element. Will edit it.

For the last chapter. Wonder if we will ever get to know the mage who betrayed the Demon Queen. More than likely she's dead since it's been 100+ years, but this is magic so who knows. Seems like Vel might have a crush on her.
I have to say, I prefered Vel when she was slightly more cold and aloof. After the season one got re-written she started having more silly expressions and blushing, which I think doesn't fit her element better than the first characterization.

last edited at Jan 31, 2020 9:45AM

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Well she can't be a character who coldly and repeatedly murders Malori and have the story actually grow and go some place, so. I'm happy with this. Also it's lit that Kuru gave us trans rep, love her, love that.

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Yep, pretty good. Not groundbreaking quite yet, maybe, but not everything needs to be. Besides, lately the plot has begun to thicken.

last edited at Jan 31, 2020 9:58AM

joined Dec 9, 2014

Yeah, she had to show emotions too, so this wouldn't be so one sided. But I mean, I'd prefer her showing more subtle signs of liking Malori or being embarrassed, not the silly expressions.
In the first version she came off too cold and cruel, in the second she started blushing too quick and took off that imposing cool aura about her.

Yep, pretty good. Not groundbreaking quite yet, maybe, but not everything needs to be. Besides, lately the plot has begun to thicken.

I was 10/10 into it in the first season. Perfect balance of comedy and incorporating the RPG gaming elements.
In the second season there was a considerable dragging in the beginning, during Malori's stay in the tower. And the King was introduced but didn't show up after like 20 chapters.
But now the plot has started again, so it's picking up.

last edited at Jan 31, 2020 10:02AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Also it's lit that Kuru gave us trans rep, love her, love that.

It is ? I was slightly confused with the princess/prince thing. I never know if it was just a misunderstanding and the prince was a princess all along or if the prince really become a princess.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Also it's lit that Kuru gave us trans rep, love her, love that.

It is ? I was slightly confused with the princess/prince thing. I never know if it was just a misunderstanding and the prince was a princess all along or if the prince really become a princess.

Explicitly trans rep, she's confirmed it on twitter and it was cleared up further in a later chapter (2.19) too, with the young princess saying to Yazhel, the advisor-y guy who's been with her since she was a child, "Yazhel, I've decided to be a princess instead of a prince!"

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Guess i must have read it too quickly.

she's confirmed it on twitter

I don't use Twitter to be fair.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Webtoons is doing a partnership with Crunchyroll to adapt comics into anime. I hope they adapt MADQ knowing it's one of the most popular comics on Webtoons. It would make such a great and funny anime.

last edited at Jan 31, 2020 11:41AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Webtoons is doing a partnership with Crunchyroll to adapt comics into anime. I hope they adapt MADQ knowing it's one of the most popular comics on Webtoons. It would make such a great and funny anime.

If only. Studio always had cold feet when it come to adapt "Real" yuri stuff. I mean the last one has been Bloom into You and Fragtime in a lesser extent and so far for this year we have Adachi to Shimamura (at least for what i know). Don't getmewrong, i'd love to see moreYuri but it's up to Crunchyroll to see if they want to take the risk of adapting Yuri, knowing it's not what their audience ask the most.

joined Dec 9, 2014

OMG that's awesome news!! I didn't know this was happening. Considering how anime gets more and more popular worldwide, it's time to get adaptations outside Japan too.
There are other mangas/comics/manhwas that would make a great anime, but now stand no chance since they're not Japanese.

There is always the American comic adaptations, but these are very different than the classic storytelling of mangas.
Mage and Demon queen author is not from Japan or Korea/China, but their story is in manga style.
Also comic adaptations never have any gay characters or romance. (with very few exceptions that even then, these parts barely get any mention)

last edited at Jan 31, 2020 12:19PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

https://www.reddit.com/r/TowerofGod/comments/ewgs9l/tower_of_god_anime_basically_confirmed/

That's already something. Maybe if it get good audiences, they will consider doing another Webtoons comic adaptation.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Mid season finale getting out and boy do i have still a bad time reading this. Why everything Malori do seem to work and why Vel is such a slob when it come to Malori. The fact that Malori had always the upperhand in the sense she always get what she want out of Vel is midly annoying.That's the thing that don't make me me enjoy fully.

joined Dec 9, 2014

Season two is over. I guess there is only one season left, because the author referred to it as "middle season". If that's true then I wish it was longer. Also why no author in Webtoon says the date their story will come back? They just say in several months. How am I supposed to keep up with the story and know when it will start again?

Anyway, seems like Vel will have to trim her nails lol. Wish we got a bit more of fanservice.
Also I like Cerik as a character but I want gay Melathia. Like I'm not in a mood for having a major het pairing in a yuri story.

The fact that Malori had always the upperhand in the sense she always get what she want out of Vel is midly annoying.

I think that's similar to my issue with Vel's character. She would be cooler if the author didn't change her so drastically during season one revamp. The story could also be longer if there was more of an actual conflict between Malori and Vel, but also more rewarding when Malori finally got Vel into her side.

last edited at Feb 14, 2020 7:29AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

"Mid season" refers to a Japan vacation she went to, but she's already back and chapters will just continue. Don't forget that the free chapters are lagging behind ^^

And, yeah, I agree about this weighty themes of slavery and racism and so on and Malori just happily bouncing into them and (probably) solving everything being kinda annoying.

But I also wouldn't have enjoyed dragging out their relationship longer, I don't think so. At some point it just becomes tedious and you have to ask yourself what Malori sees in Vel, if she's always just cold.

joined Dec 9, 2014

Oh nice! Hope we get more than three seasons lol.

I mean, Malori has already explained why she loves Vel. That was because she saved her as a kid. We could still have that but Vel being less like a blushing 13 year old.
Not saying she should be extremely cold, just more conflict-like.
Because right now their relationship doesn't seem as exciting. They almost kissed but people were commenting more about Cerik and Melathia, well.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

They almost kissed but people were commenting more about Cerik and Melathia, well.

That's webcomics comments sections for you. They wanted equally that moment between Cerik and Mela. Webcomics comment section generally are equally behind the side characters as the MC.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

It comeback and what can i say. Vel is still the damn maiden she was and Mal still play her like a fiddle (and everyone else for that matter).It's just, i don't know. I just wish be somewhat useful other than being gay panic when she see Mal and i just want that Mal get bite back for than once because it's not funny. It's just the start of the season so i will try to keep some hopes.

last edited at May 20, 2020 9:27PM

joined Dec 9, 2014

Latest chapter's plot twist was something no one expected. I give credits to the author for that, but tbh I'm not too happy about it

To reply you must either login or sign up.