Forum › Girl's Next Door 2nd - Love Sick discussion

Oh_stop_it_you
joined May 24, 2012

From page 10 till the end, I was dying of laughter.
I don't really like the drawing style, it seem more comicy than a manga to me.
good read nevertheless.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

The art is ugly and the initial sexual consent is, to say the least, extremely dubious, but I've still always liked this one...

Oh_stop_it_you
joined May 24, 2012

The art is ugly and the initial sexual consent is, to say the least, extremely dubious, but I've still always liked this one...

I agree (:

joined Jan 30, 2012

Wonder if I'm the only one who liked the art......

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I don't mind the art in this. I actually think it's quite good. It's not moe-manga style, and I agree that it looks more like Western comic style, but that's not bad, just stylistic.

<<<

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

there is now a cleaned version, should be uploaded soon.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

there is now a cleaned version, should be uploaded soon.

Looks overleveled thought.

Wait
joined Feb 8, 2014

I really liked the art and my overall impression is just "Super cute"

but there were a few parts that bugged me (such as the dub-con as it were) though i would've really liked it a bit longer so it didn't feel so rushed.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Gotta admit though, Aoi looks pretty damn sharp in that costume at the end.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

The art wasn't bad but they were mixing western comic style with manga facial expressions so it felt a bit off... and the sex scene was too rape-y for my liking, if it hadn't been so rushed it probably wouldn't have been so bad... the stud getting rejected scene was pretty funny though.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm amused at how many people describe this as not a manga style, when there are definitely manga out there that go along these lines. It's just that almost all of what gets translated is the cleaner, more moe stuff so we don't see it much.

To be honest, most western comics don't even look like this these days, it's more like an 80's British 2000AD style to my eyes. Like the old Judge Dredd stuff or Dog Soldier.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Actually I was thinking of the Sunday Comics, like Mary Worth. lol

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Come to think of it, Moebius did a lot of stuff that had a similar crowded look to this. More masterfully done of course, but not too far off.

http://images.tcj.com/2012/03/d%C3%A9viation.jpg

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i really don't see a lot of difference from estern and western works in this time and age, not only in comic/manga but even in illustrations (i see moebius more as an illustrator)
when i think of pure manga w/o estern influences, who comes to my mind are kazuo umezu, junji ito and suehiro maruo.
a lot of actual manga are more like underground european works than like their roots (especially maruo, who seems to have influenced the rest of the world more than his nation), and there are american hero comic who try to copy manga w/o any shame and lose their identity

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

i really don't see a lot of difference from estern and western works in this time and age, not only in comic/manga but even in illustrations (i see moebius more as an illustrator)

You should take a look at his Lieutenant Blueberry stuff, it's pure comics. Also a bit of an inkgasm, same with The Detour which I linked to a page of above.

a lot of actual manga are more like underground european works than like their roots (especially maruo, who seems to have influenced the rest of the world more than his nation), and there are american hero comic who try to copy manga w/o any shame and lose their identity

Yeah, I hate that whole self-conscious pseudo-manga stuff that western comics often fall into. Adam Warren did a "nice try" with his Dirty Pair comics, although I still don't like them at all. He at least came a lot closer than most.

joined Jun 12, 2012

It has a western and eastern feel to it, so you could say it's the best of both worlds. But honestly, I think it just looks a little weird, even though it's not supposed to be moe.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

1999 manga.
nothing to comment other than moderate amount of sex tag?? seriously don't fit.

last edited at Aug 21, 2014 12:40AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Not a big fan of the art... but that was fun.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Taking another read of this, I must say Aoi is REALLY expressive. And not just her facial expressions, which vary from subtle to wild, but her body language too.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

^ the art is a real treat and a welcome change from what we get today. The switches to a cuter style and the reaction faces go well with the overall attention to detail.

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

I suppose this Destiny Knight is a throwback to Utena? A frame shown on page 7 looks kinds similar to it. Or is there some deeper reference I don't catch?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I suppose this Destiny Knight is a throwback to Utena? A frame shown on page 7 looks kinds similar to it. Or is there some deeper reference I don't catch?

Seems like Utena to me.

So, I've read like 20 variations of "At least your body doesn't lie" in like 100 different yuris and I really dislike people saying it. But for some reason I thought "At least your nipples are honest" was hilarious. I don't even know why. Not proud of myself for that.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So, I've read like 20 variations of "At least your body doesn't lie" in like 100 different yuris and I really dislike people saying it. But for some reason I thought "At least your nipples are honest" was hilarious. I don't even know why. Not proud of myself for that.

I loved Gokujo Drops for that, with "that's just a physical reaction" and saying that your body reacting to stimulation really doesn't mean you have feelings for the person doing it. I don't know if I've seen any other manga that says anything similar.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Yeah, I actually thought about linking to that page but didn't even know what chapter it was in. I think Hajime also did something similar in Mousou Honey but I'm not too sure about that. Maybe it was Honey Quartet. Maybe it was none of those.

Anime-anime-boy-black-and-white-boy-favim.com-1570867
joined May 7, 2014

' ' found some good old stuff.

To reply you must either login or sign up.