Forum › Yorita Miyuki discussion

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

I absolutely love this author's works, shame she doesn't bring out stuff more frequently, but understandable. I shall be patient indeed.

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

Is it just me or does her art remind me sooooo much of Morishima Akiko's art style? Somehow, it feels like Miyuki is either a huge fan or at some point worked together with Akiko (like as an assistant or something)

last edited at Mar 12, 2019 6:30AM

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

^
For me, it's more like Momono Moto

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Is it just me or does her art remind me sooooo much of Morishima Akiko's art style? Somehow, it feels like Miyuki is either a huge fan or at some point worked together with Akiko (like as an assistant or something)

Not just you. I immediately thought of Hanjuku Joshi. The bottom panels of these pages:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/this_girl_will_make_me_a_woman#10
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/that_red_on_me#14

and the smile on this page in the sequel:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/that_red_on_me#31

all make me think of Yae.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I've loved both Her Kiss and Philia and Eros for a while now, and only just now found out they're by the same author. I'm thankful Dynasty exists, because I had never read some of her one-shots until now. <3

last edited at Dec 23, 2019 10:53PM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I'm kind of curious why she's listed as "Kida Miyuki" here when she calls herself "Yorita Miyuki" in all of her works, and on her twitter and pixiv as well.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Noticed it as well. I think she was originally misread as Kida and nobody ever fixed it?

EDIT/ Nvm, it's mentioned in tag.

last edited at Jan 13, 2020 7:14PM

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

It's definitely not too far from Morishima Akiko's, but there's some distinctions. Just like there's some series you can look at and think look a lot like Morinaga Milk's works (I think of that sometimes when I see Useless Princesses, it really reminds me of the way some of the characters in Princess Mirror look).

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Noticed it as well. I think she was originally misread as Kida and nobody ever fixed it?

EDIT/ Nvm, it's mentioned in tag.

What do you mean, "mentioned in tag"? I see that there's an "also known as" that includes Yorita Miyuki. I just think maybe she should be listed as Yorita Miyuki, since that seems to be the name she primarily publishes under and uses online. Did she actually use "Kida Miyuki" in the past?

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I agree with schuyguy. Besides, even if she did call herself Kida in the past (I'm assuming), there isn't much point in keeping that name here, since she obviously goes by Yorita Miyuki nowadays.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

schuyguy posted:

What do you mean, "mentioned in tag"? I see that there's an "also known as" that includes Yorita Miyuki.

That's what I meant. That her actual name is included there.

I just think maybe she should be listed as Yorita Miyuki, since that seems to be the name she primarily publishes under and uses online. Did she actually use "Kida Miyuki" in the past?

I agree. Kida seems to be a misreading of her name and the main one should be Yorita. Kida can be kept in "known as" in case someone looks for her using Kida.

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Goddess..

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

Whenever someone asks me for a yuri recommendation, I always say her kiss by yorita miyuki. She's one of my favorite since the first time I got into yuri that was like 2014. I like how she build up plots and pure stories. I'm sad she isn't as popular as the other authors though.

To reply you must either login or sign up.