Forum › I’m having a creative crysis

joined Mar 5, 2018

So.... I’m a professional books writer, i never got The courage ti publish them, but writing is My life.
Lately i am Having so much dificult to write my romances, i know thats coming because of my depression, but I feel like im diyng, I Need some advice so I can star over again, please someone help me ;-;

joined Mar 5, 2016

maybe you just need a break to focus on handling your depression? i mean, if it's giving you a lot of trouble and is in the way of what you want to do, then giving it more time could help.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

What kind of romance are you trying to make? maybe it helps to change your angle... There's a lot of possible scenarios with infinity amount of characters. If you can't make one work, maybe you'll be better with something else... Age gap, fantasy, classical, unrequited .... Forbidden.

I draw, and when I have an art block you know what was the advice? Basically JUST DO IT even it if hurts and you feel like dying, even if its only one line and you don't like the result ... I thought it was a really bad advice to be honest hahaha but the core of thing wasn't to push it, it was to not give up, to not stop and thinking that time will do the trick because sometimes time will take away months of your career with nothing.

Short fan fiction helps too, I recommend maybe watching Love live? hahaha for inspiration

joined Mar 5, 2016

also, for writing at least, it helps a lot to read everything. don't just read romance to get inspiration for romance, read romance and everything other than romance.

joined Nov 9, 2017

I'm a self-published author and for the most part I've only had two major dry spells writing privately -- one after a massive breakup and another really bad major life event happened nearly simultaneously, and another after the 2016 trainwreck (because I'm queer and run in queer circles), which happened about the time a loved one and a friend both died. (I'm still trying to recover from that one now.) :(

Sometimes "just do it" helps, or at least starts to prime the pump a bit. Sometimes it's just a waiting game and getting words while waiting can help.

Sometimes you can kind of sidestep it by writing about your own pain in fiction, and about characters who find their way through similar things. At least, it's kinda how it worked for me last time. (And reading more has helped for big and small dry spells, always, at least a little bit.)

I hope you find what you need. I don't know if I'm going to, but I'm trying, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Ava
joined Dec 7, 2018

I am not a writter but I do know the feeling. I love drawing and painting, so if you have a problem writting about romance, change the topic... I use my art as comunication, therefore If I am sad, I use that sadness and feelings into what I am comunicating, because, it is what it is.
If not, if it is just a spiral of bad things, I try to express what I need, even If I cant acomplish it, but it helps, to put into your eyes, and in your case into words.

To reply you must either login or sign up.