Forum › It's Tough Being Neeko discussion

Unnamed%20(1)
joined May 12, 2015

Quite sad if her family actually did trick her into getting a job just like that. I shouldn't be surprised at this point.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

It's a trap!

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

It's kinda hard to believe that her family is actually trying to help her at this point.

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

that's a twist, Hopefully it doesn't end as horribly as we all think it will. Not sure if a sink or swim method is the best way to help her though, especially with that many people in such a small space.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

The fact she's being tricked is not what concerns me the most, but rather that her job consists on dealing with people who're likely very irritated after waiting for 2 hours under the scorching heat. And God have mercy if the console sell out while there's still a line.
It could end well, but requires people around her being supportive enough.

last edited at Jan 3, 2020 1:38PM

joined Jan 26, 2019

This is a good way to destroy her mentally.

This is like doing your first job on Black Friday without having dealt with your mental problems in a way that might prepare you for working in retail.

joined Jan 26, 2019

This is less comedic than Berserk.

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

Oof. Training on one of the busiest days with a freak weather event making everyone (more) irritable? I'm right there with you, sister.

I should have complained to HR about it. Pretty sure it goes against some labor laws, but I was new and needed the money.

last edited at Jan 3, 2020 1:50PM

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

"hmm my daughter has major depressive disorder and chronic anxiety, I know let's trick her to work at a shop that I know is going to be incredibly busy, during a heatwave." 10/10 parenting right there

joined Sep 13, 2018

wait , this was being upleaded here this whole time?

I have to say this now: BEING NEEKO IS FREAKING SUFFERING

and seems the next chapter would have the depressing tag again because neeko is still mentally unstable , it can go horribly wrong and everything is pointing to that.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

ONCE YOU PAY $60+ EVERYTHING IN THE GAME BECOMES FREE

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

venom posted:

"hmm my daughter has major depressive disorder and chronic anxiety, I know let's trick her to work at a shop that I know is going to be incredibly busy, during a heatwave." 10/10 parenting right there

I hope nothing bad happens, because I'll be so freaking mad if I see the mother with the surprise pikachu face when her daughter pass out or pukes in the middle of the chaos

1523068069413s
joined Jun 2, 2017

Wow this is going to end very bad

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

ONCE YOU PAY $60+ EVERYTHING IN THE GAME BECOMES FREE

It sounds stupid but it's sound. You pay for something once and have it, which means you know the price. Microtransactions pretty much destroy this. It's easy for this money to end up being quite a bit more. I have subscriptions to a few streaming services and pay to read manga on a Japanese site (it's like 30-50 yen per episode). You can bet I have paid multiples of $60. I am not disputing the value - I pay because I think it's worth it - but I also can't tell you exactly how much it comes out to without looking at a bank statement. I definitely don't really know exactly my spending on manga, between a couple apps and so on, but it's more than I spend on games.

Honestly I consider games super cheap. A $60 console game usually is at least 40 and often 80 or more hours of entertainment. Skyrim has sucked up countless hours of my life. You can go back and play an old game too and usually repeat the experience, if the game is the right type. I won't touch mobile games partly because I know it could easily become a huge money sink and I don't want to touch that - also why I didn't buy fallout 76, it required a subscription to PSN IIRC and that turned out to be the least of it.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

venom posted:

I hope nothing bad happens, because I'll be so freaking mad if I see the mother with the surprise pikachu face when her daughter pass out or pukes in the middle of the chaos

Totally this. She almost was working from home at one point and it was going well. It only fell apart because she realized she'd been fooled and Imoko covered for her, but really she basically was working. Retail is high stress and fast paced. Neeko might be able to do it but throwing her in the deep end is a really bad idea. You have to learn how to deal with a rush even if you're good at what you do. I worked at Starbucks for a couple years and it was damn hard sometimes. Morning rush hour never was easy and only our training and good management kept us - me and my coworkers - together.

Mom and Imoko and insane if they think this is a good idea. She could work in a game store, she likes games and could do a good job, but during a rush??? Really???

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Wait I just assumed that the guy mistook her for someone who was actually supposed to start working there. I doubt her family would just trick her like that.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Wait I just assumed that the guy mistook her for someone who was actually supposed to start working there. I doubt her family would just trick her like that.

No, she did say her name to the manager and here she said the apron has her name on it so i don't think there is a mistake.

1bc42bba-336e-466f-a092-8c801c6e02e8
joined Feb 17, 2018

Oh god this is literally the worst possible thing to do to someone who has such a bad mental state.
I doubt Imoko and her mom truly understand how bad Neeko’s anxiety and depression issues are. Otherwise, they wouldn’t do something as insane looking as this. I feel at the very least, this could teach them to take things slower if it truly ends up being terrible. But still, their lack of understanding to mental issues is really biting them in the ass.

This scenario has everything against Neeko:
- Hot, unbearable weather
- loads of people who are probably getting more agitated in the heat
- tons of anxiety, self-deprecating issues, and depression. Also toss in some lowkey PTSD
- the entire job was a surprise (and trick) so she has literally no time to mentally prepare herself
- she has no one to support her morally

I’d probably die on the spot if that were me. I wouldn’t even have time to get mad.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

That's fucked up... :(

KittyCatOmaniac
E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

.....just when you thought the mom had learned her lesson she goes and does something kinda fucked up like this. Poor Neeko's gonna be holed up in her room for a month of non-stop crying after this ;__;
Not to mention her trust in Imoko is gonna be damaged, because she was totally in on this.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

How do you guys know that Imoko was in on their mom's plot?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

MarqFJA87 posted:

How do you guys know that Imoko was in on their mom's plot?

Not sure about that yet, I'm just thinking about the mom to be honest... and someone might think that we're exaggerating and I would too but.... THEY HAD TO TALK ABOUT THE HEAT what an abominable death flag.

Acreepshowavatar
joined Oct 20, 2017

Jeez, the mom really fucked up this time. I mean, I can understand the reasoning behind her fuckup. She probably doesn't understand much about mental illnesses like anxiety and depression.

But still, what a shitty think to spring on someone with no warning.

HonestYuriHawk
joined Apr 5, 2018

If this happened to me from 4 years ago I'd probably would have had a mental breakdown. Its a situation where it seems impossible to go forward or back but standing still and doing nothing can't last forever as there is limited time to decide.

It's kinda hard to believe that her family is actually trying to help her at this point.

They are trying to help but people who don't experience these issues often don't realize what its like and the best ways to help one move forward. For them its probably more like, "Oh i get a little nervous in front of people too but its not that bad, she just needs to learn to get over it." without realizing that the level of anxiety for her or her daughter is magnitudes different. Her mom definitely messed up big here but shes is trying to help her in her own way.

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

Damn mom, you may have just overstepped some boundaries you might come to regret very soon. I mean lets break this down for a moment. Instead of easing her into an environment where she can get comfortable with people again, she literally just fed her daughter to the bloodthirstiest of sharks.

I'm trying to figure out how anyone thought this was a good idea? Did she think it was gonna be like intense shock therapy or something? Or maybe she doesn't really believe something is genuinely wrong with her daughter?

Frankly I'd be disappointed with the writer if Neeko came out of this unscathed, and I say that as someone who feels really bad for this character. You don't "fix" people like this.

last edited at Jan 3, 2020 9:39PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.