Forum › A Socially Awkward Girl Got Kissed By A Kouhai She Never Talked To Once Before discussion

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

Ha ha what the hell is this cute thing?

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

/ clears throat /

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Why does it feel like we're starting to just get half-stories out of her sketchbook at this point? I love Mochi's stuff, and this has charm, but it feels like half the first chapter of a serial.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Mochi's working on a new eye type for the energetic half of the couples, I see. Looks nice.

Perfect_human
joined Jan 16, 2017

That inner monologue was so depressing it started to leak out to my screen. But kouhai brightened up her day at least

Mochi is great but these stories/chapters are too short. To make up for this, she should do it forever

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

kouhai: why cant we kiss???
mc: uh uh uh I CAN ONLY WORK THE REGISTER

The more mochi I have, the more I want. Though Mochi I still want a love story for Kana, we know you have one ready somewhere #giveKanaagirlfriend

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

That inner monologue was so depressing it started to leak out to my screen. But kouhai brightened up her day at least

That inner, depressed, monolog on page one was actually really spot on. Almost frieghteningly so tbh. Pretty much this entire one shot encompasses how I was from high school to when my GF entered my life when I got into college. Wtf lol.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Why does it feel like we're starting to just get half-stories out of her sketchbook at this point? I love Mochi's stuff, and this has charm, but it feels like half the first chapter of a serial.

Well, it is from her Twitter. That's basically the modern artist equivalent of a sketchbook.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Titles that spoil everything.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

That inner, depressed, monolog on page one was actually really spot on. Almost frieghteningly so tbh. Pretty much this entire one shot encompasses how I was from high school to when my GF entered my life when I got into college. Wtf lol.

The monologue in question hit way too close to home for me, too. Dear Mochi, please don't turn into Nagata Kabi all of a sudden. :-(

last edited at Jun 30, 2017 7:47PM

joined Jan 8, 2017

I wanna give senpai a hug...

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

jesus how does Mochi know exactly how it feels to be a Game Design Student that can't make a game.

guess its universal.

would like to see more series from Mochi though, Vignettes are nice but More than Friends still isnt properly finished.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Mochi sure got lazy with this one. Copy/pasted and then barely changed the facial expressions or just zoomed in, what the gay cakes is this. Not horrifying, but still.

Man, I don't care. I can't even dream up this stuff. Being able to read even just copy/pasta half works brightens up my day.

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

I don't think it was lazy, personally, I think it was well made.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Mochi is on the way to become my favorite artist.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

The first page is literally just the same panel reposted five times with different text.

It's a little lazy, and I say that as somebody who has done the same exact thing from an audio editing stand point.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Well, it is from her Twitter. That's basically the modern artist equivalent of a sketchbook.

Yup I agree- these mangaka who post stuff to pixiv or their twitter etc - I don't think you can expect long stuff - it's gonna be short stories and sketches mostly - for some of them it does seem to be a way to experiment and practice or quickly try out little ideas etc.

I know some people wont like little story snippets like that - I myself love long stories - the longer the better - but I CAN still enjoy short single scene sketches - even though I wish they were made into real stories!

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

this is adorable

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

K I S S

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I wonder if these aren't "pitches" from Mochi. If so, that's probably smart. Smarter than with writing, even.

La Aoi Beau Chico
Boy%20blue
joined Oct 9, 2016

At least it isn't incest. Good God.

0meo12%20(2)
joined Sep 19, 2011

And then they will find out they are sisters? Great :) =]]]]]

joined Apr 27, 2017

@Mochi
less one-shots
moar series

Itzameapotterhead
Img_pzb2xa
joined Jul 4, 2016

The first half of the title is literally me

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

I think that all of it is XD

To reply you must either login or sign up.