Forum › What is rape?

joined Sep 11, 2014

Doujins are sorta an escape from reality, a safer outlet for these types of controversial situations. And while I don't condone anything without full consent in real life; often the fictin I read online is pretty risqué and sometimes morally terrible. I do think we should make a middle tag though, for those of us who want to look at those sort of things but don't necessarily want to look at full on violent rape, and for those of us triggered by any rape-ish material and don't want to experience the shock from if there were no tag at all. Again, in reality, no fully aware mutual consent is considered rape!

joined Sep 11, 2014

Has anyone considered implementing a dubious consent tag? It's a seriously outdated label and in no way do I endorse the term b/c its basically the same as rape, but for those that get bothered by the use of a rape tag for non-traumatic scenarios it might be more implementable?

Yea dubious consent is a tag used as warning for a couple fanfiction websites and is more serious than "kinda rapey." It is supposed to be a warning afterall.

joined Oct 12, 2013

Has anyone considered implementing a dubious consent tag? It's a seriously outdated label and in no way do I endorse the term b/c its basically the same as rape, but for those that get bothered by the use of a rape tag for non-traumatic scenarios it might be more implementable?

Yea dubious consent is a tag used as warning for a couple fanfiction websites and is more serious than "kinda rapey." It is supposed to be a warning afterall.

It really depends on the author, it can run the gamut from "never explicitly said yes, but expressed consent in every other possible manner" to "never explicitly said no, but didn't really want it, til they came".

Cromartie%20highscool
joined Jun 7, 2014

Just my two cent opinion but it's all fiction, like it's not harming anyone

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

It isn't, but some people want to see it and other people don't want to see it. An extra tag would be nice so the latter group doesn't have to delve into the work itself only to find something they really don't agree with.

WollMilchWombat
Watashi%2060kb
joined Aug 15, 2014

I don't know where you guys all live, neither am I familiar with the laws in most other countries, I can only speak for Germany. Having sex with someone who is inebriated but offers no resistance is generally not considered rape, if the accused did not also threaten them.
At least it was like that last time I checked. Our minister of justice sought to change the laws concerning sexual abuse a while ago, but I actually don't know what became of that.

But laws are different in each country, judges might interpret them in different ways, et cetera, so I see no harm in a dubious consent tag.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

That's where you're wrong. The ''freedom'' japanese artists have is harming plenty of people. It doesn't harm you because you don't have to live in Japan and deal with it.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

melevas posted:

That's where you're wrong. The ''freedom'' japanese artists have is harming plenty of people. It doesn't harm you because you don't have to live in Japan and deal with it.

How exactly it harms anyone, unless you are being sarcastic?

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

melevas posted:

How exactly it harms anyone, unless you are being sarcastic?

I'm guessing they're alluding to how depictions of sex in Japanese media reflect and reinforce their cultural norms and mores regarding sex and gender.

I think I see what you're getting at, melevas, but that's really far outside of the scope of this discussion. We're just talking about tags on Dynasty.

last edited at Aug 21, 2016 3:16AM

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I feel like a dubcon tag would be good, it wouldnt be that hard to add in, and it would be a catch-all for "well this feels kinda rapey" works.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Kind of amusing contrasting the "eh, tagging this stuff spoils the surprise" responses here with the "oh my fuck why didn't I heed the warnings!" stuff over on the eyeball yuri thread. I think it might be instructive to go over there and consider that's how a lot of people react when they get rapestuff dropped on them unprepared, even if they don't make a visible fuss over it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.