Forum › Posts by Zen_Clark

Zc_logo_4
joined Jan 9, 2014

I love player versions of Marisa. At least she did not abandon anyone in a burning mansion in this one.

last edited at Jan 24, 2021 12:32AM

Zc_logo_4
joined Jan 9, 2014

The art reminds me of Pop Team Epic.

Zc_logo_4
joined Jan 9, 2014

lol right? and she of course is just asking this out of the goodness of her heart, absolutely no ulterior motive ;)

I honestly think she just sees that Akari seems bothered. Which she is. What she doesn't know is that she is uncomfortable with Touko dating other girls than herself, not girls in general ;)

I still can't figure out what Touko's deal is, to be honest. I assumed she got dumped constantly because dealing with her is a handful, to say the least. But at the same time, all the exes seem to be really eager to come and see her. She also has a very air-heady kind of approach to kissing, flirting, etc. Can't put my finger on what her character is supposed to be.

Maybe she was like a playgirl or player?

She seemed promiscuous to me. All of them probably had a fairly casual relationship. She might have even cut them off solely because Akari was going to show up.

Zc_logo_4
joined Jan 9, 2014

I believe ch1 deserves a blackmail tag. There's no way someone without job would be able to come up with that amount of money. So it's do or die for her.

There were huge arguments earlier in the comments about whether it was acceptable or not.

Zc_logo_4
joined Jan 9, 2014

The yakuza is weird in general. Like, the Japanese police have annual, semi-official events where they "lose" a bunch of documents they have on smaller crimes in exchange for the yakuza ratting out members they don't like. The whole Japanese approach to organized crime is bizarre.

The US has fully official events like that called plea bargins. Not much different really, just the style of organization and formality of the process.

last edited at Oct 28, 2020 1:31PM

Zen_Clark
Oniai! discussion 27 Oct 14:16
Zc_logo_4
joined Jan 9, 2014

Would it be pseudo-incest?
Oni refers to her granddaughter as “the daughter of my daughters wife.”
So did her daughters wife have the kid before marrying her daughter?
Did she say like that because the wife was the one who gave birth to granddaughter after marrying Oni’s daughter and Oni is just acknowledging that in a round-about way?
Am I overthinking this?
Is the word “Daughter” starting to look strange to you too?

The wording might have been referring to who the birthmother was, statingbthat her daughter did not carry her during pregnancy. The author might be the only one who knows for certain.

Zen_Clark
Oniai! discussion 25 Oct 13:12
Zc_logo_4
joined Jan 9, 2014

Should this have a science_babies tag seeing as the teen apparently is one?

The story doesn't involve any actual babies or her parents though, so I don't think her birth alone is an important enough part to warrant a tag.

Zen_Clark
Oniai! discussion 25 Oct 12:33
Zc_logo_4
joined Jan 9, 2014

At least she is not an old hag that acts like a loli.

Zen_Clark
Zc_logo_4
joined Jan 9, 2014

I had a constant grin through this entire comic.

Zc_logo_4
joined Jan 9, 2014

Now it needs a second part where they run away together and hide from the police.

Zc_logo_4
joined Jan 9, 2014

Short, but I am surprised that there is not more like this.

Zen_Clark
Zc_logo_4
joined Jan 9, 2014

It didn't seem axed to me at all. It was a complete story about a girl running away with an engaged love-interest and successfully stealing her away from a bad situation. It is not like they could have ran away forever, and I don't think it was ever planned to last forever. I thought it had ended with the previous chapter, so having a decent epilogue chapter is nice.

last edited at Aug 17, 2020 1:24PM

Zen_Clark
Zc_logo_4
joined Jan 9, 2014

She might be her mother, but she ain't your mommy.

Zen_Clark
Zc_logo_4
joined Jan 9, 2014

Given that they are in an abandoned building that is probably incredibly filthy, the towel and finger condoms are a pretty good idea.

Zen_Clark
Zc_logo_4
joined Jan 9, 2014

Just so we're clear, we all know Ponko is decommissioned military hardware, right?

She was a nurse in her last job, they showed that in the flashback. Her 'weapon' could be for disposing medical waste.

Zen_Clark
Zc_logo_4
joined Jan 9, 2014

This series make me think of Yokohama Kaidashi Kikō, and that reminds me that it has been too long since I have read that one.

Zen_Clark
Zc_logo_4
joined Jan 9, 2014

?? When did Miki and You start dating??

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuri_natsu_kagaya_inn_ch56

Zen_Clark
Yuri Yuri 2 discussion 26 Apr 09:32
Zc_logo_4
joined Jan 9, 2014

If you look carefully on page 5, you can see the edge of the second phone.

Zen_Clark
Zc_logo_4
joined Jan 9, 2014

The yuri in this is a core party of the story, so I don't think the 'yuri crush' tag applies here.

Zen_Clark
Zc_logo_4
joined Jan 9, 2014

At least she doesn't live with her, like in My Unrequited Love.

Zc_logo_4
joined Jan 9, 2014

I found the comic thanks to Google: https://senyu.fandom.com/wiki/Senyū.

I think most webcomics artist have experimented with animations at some point, with blinking back grounds or a character fading in or out of panel, and similar.

last edited at Jan 27, 2020 9:23PM

Zc_logo_4
joined Jan 9, 2014

I wonder if anyone ever made a digital manga where every panel has a couple seconds of animation when you click it or something, like a cross between manga and anime- that would be cool!

Not quite like to that extent, but I do remember a hentai manga that had about half of its pages with some animations.

I know of at least one web comic, a major one with a manga adaptation, that used animated gifs for their pages. I cannot remember the name though.

I am trying to think of descriptors that were not spoilers. Demon lord is a little girl that wanted popcorn. Solider was sadistic to the 'hero'. Bunch of heroes chosen based on vague criteria.

last edited at Jan 27, 2020 11:13PM

Zc_logo_4
joined Jan 9, 2014

I was hoping it would be a bit long, and cover the period during the breakup and her rise to popularity.

Zc_logo_4
joined Jan 9, 2014

I think Mangadex should be back tomorrow. It was supposed to be down for upgrades and a change of hosting with a 72 hour window.

last edited at Jan 3, 2020 11:11PM

Zen_Clark
Zc_logo_4
joined Jan 9, 2014

I prefer the original version more. I really like the fast-pace chaotic character-driven style the author normally uses; it is like reading a Terry Pratchett novel.

This one was too slow, and the characters were not detailed enough without the chaotic element/asides used.