Forum › Posts by Marion Diabolito

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I have been re-reading Sougou Tovarisch and this series really is like it could have been if it didn't go off the rails and get abandoned(?). They moved even slower, even though they had obvious attraction. The tightly wound top-of-the-class onee-sama there causes all their drama though. Her would-be girlfriend, the sleeping genius, doesn't want to offend her at all.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

The two main characters' arc is a mandatory Story S, because once Shiramine and Kurosawa are an official couple, their story is over. The only hope is that the other stories will still be incomplete enough we get a LITTLE post-confession couple scenes. Shiramine should have realized she wanted to be on her cousin's side of the plot line ages ago. Too late now.

last edited at Nov 14, 2017 4:42PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Oh god it's genetic.

We know for sure it's carried on the X chromosomes, but we still don't know Y.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

The translation note on soba I think was incomplete. The reason she's saying it "must be" soba is that they were neighbors (yes, soba each other) so the first food in their new place is hikkoshi soba which is, I move in to a new place and I make soba for my new neighbors. Then again, maybe the translator figured people knew about that and wanted to point out the allusion to togetherness in wordplay with soba. But at any rate, hikkoshi soba is for sure the main thing referenced.

last edited at Nov 13, 2017 11:22AM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

fluffy drama still counts

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

So wait, does this mean aunt and mom are both bisexual characters in manga that aren't horrible players?

This may be a completely new paradigm!

Only what I would have expected from Mochi Au Lait who is a paradigm of her own every time :)

I do like how it's apparently a yuri incest gene or something.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

This is how I find episodes:
http://www.pandora.tv/search/searchResult?query=두사람의%20모놀로그

Thats for linking

If you want to know what's going on, paste that url into google translate, set left side to Korean and right side to your language. but that might not work for links.

joined Jan 5, 2015

This is the Yaoi edition of Yuri Danshi, basically.

Yaoi edition of Yuri Danshi is Yuri Danshi-kun.

I found it hard to believe this was a real thing ... so I went and looked it up, and found it

I still find it hard to believe this was a real thing.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

at least she knows Hina's her type.

joined Jan 5, 2015

This is the Yaoi edition of Yuri Danshi, basically.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

It's an interesting relationship dynamic. Yukari is nominally "in charge", but Akira seems to be the one who physically initiates everything.

which in a personals ad would be put "Femme Tachi seeks Boi Neko"

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

So we're done with the convenient rain for dramatic purposes, now it's back to sunshine emphasizing the positive direction of the actions of the characters. Lens flare ahoy!

I think it's not quite cheesy enough. There should have been a rainbow.

I absolutely love this stuff, it's all through Japanese literature. However it was only reading yuri stuff like Maria-sama ga Miteru that finally convinced me that Japanese, especially high school girls, control the weather with their moods.

Marion Diabolito
New Game discussion 08 Nov 17:38
joined Jan 5, 2015

As far as I am aware, we left the French exactly as it was written in the original.

Ah, I didn't think about that! I guess that works too.

I.e. mangaka is doing their best with French. I thought the same thing about the greeting. Actually, however, I would understand all of Kou's French. It's not THAT bad.

also some of the abbreviations will favor Kou:

people will say "shay paa" j'sais pas instead of "je ne sais pas" for instance.

re future content what tells you hotaru was meeting Catherine? Hotaru says "Sore chōdo ima kai tete" - just draw it right now, or something like that. What does that scene tell us??

I get it, that's the drawing Kou found, and it was someone talking TO Hotaru

Anyway, the chapter was nice. Playing again the card of the French greeting kiss, huh...

Hungarians do the greeting kiss, too. I would say just as much.

last edited at Nov 8, 2017 5:51PM

Marion Diabolito
New Game discussion 07 Nov 13:42
joined Jan 5, 2015

From what I gather, France has been investing heavily in games for a while now. Ubisoft's the big one we all know, but seems like there are a lot of smaller companies as well. There's a decent roundup at The Source Of All Knowledge.

Thanks!

The picture I got is NOT that France is among the biggest gaming MARKETS but that game companies in France have great penetration of the countries that are. It's actually extremely difficult to find "sales of companies based in country X" vs. "How big a market FOR games is country X" data, which is absolutely everywhere.

At any rate, from that perspective, France is not a bad pick.

last edited at Nov 7, 2017 1:44PM

Marion Diabolito
New Game discussion 07 Nov 13:37
joined Jan 5, 2015

https://youtu.be/ejUcnpwNDLs

This series just loves fucking Rin over doesn't it?

Breaking Rin's heart is HOTTT! Or so it seems.

BTW this chapter really is nostalgic for me. When I was lucky enough to study art for a short while in Paris, I actually got to know some Japanese there and their methodical way of seeing everything - they all went their separate ways in the morning, made notes and took pictures, then met up for lunch and compared notes - really impressed me. After that I met other Japanese and grilled them - and helped them if I could. I like how their French pronunciation's depicted here, it's dead accurate. (And not terrible, but English is way closer to French than Japanese is, so actually it's even a bit harder than English for Japanese speakers).

Marion Diabolito
Image Comments 06 Nov 21:41
joined Jan 5, 2015
Checkoutthebadge

I'll have you know, Nico-Nico-Nii is the BESTEST doctor in her ENTIRE grade school!

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Imouto needs to have a talk with Tsubomi:

Listen, you perv! Date your sister like a normal girl!

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

It kinda makes me want to see a similar "lesbian marriage suddenly becomes legal" situation, but the girl realizes she's been using the fact that it wasn't legal up to that time as an excuse to avoid further commitment. And now she has to wrestle with the very real idea of being able to get married and deciding if she wanted that in the first place.

Probably out there in a doujin somewhere. I agree it'd be a great story.

I think if "The World is Full of Yuri" were a series, they'd eventually get married.

Also, it's pretty clear the one woman's POV is in terms of relationships what they have is already as good as marriage, and they're the ones to determine that.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

... If this is in Japan, then the Japanese legislature shouldn't be called "Parliament", but rather "National Diet".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Diet

Japan's system is a Parliamentary system, probably translated as Parliament, because that's what the system they use is called. National Diet is probably just the name of the building, the UK Parliament is in a building called Westminster after all.

It's normally (Kokkai) translated as Diet, meaning the assembly, not the building. Just like "ken" is normally translated as prefecture and not province or state. It's just a translating convention. It doesn't interfere with the story at all, and may give more people an idea of what's going on, but no, the original poster is correct.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

So her job is to press the elevator buttons and prey on on underage girls?

Some people do get their dream jobs.

Let's not pick on the woman just because when she said her target was a perfect ten, she meant her age.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I don't know if it's just me but the idea that there would be a goddess of love and a goddess of Yuri that are at odds (sort of) has some unfortunate implications.

The Yuri (only) goddess was created by the Universe in answer to our prayers. She represents Dynasty Readers. She battles daily to prove Her greatness.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

It's a Ringu doujin, isn't it? I mean there are Resident Evil doujins, etc.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I like how it is the opposite of a Story S. We know they're lovers, living together AND we get to see them get together. it's the have-your-cake-and-eat-it-too series.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I don't think Nakatani Nio inserted her own love of difficult characters into this portrayal. That was my first thought, but no.

Basically, this is a Sumireko who forgot the lesson in humility she learned in Gensokyo and went back to being a grade-A bitch. The only saving grace is, even though she was defeated miserably (by Our Protagonist) there, she's still obviously desperate to get back. I think this is exactly what it would be like to be in school with Sumireko.

Marion Diabolito
Nico Maki! discussion 03 Nov 13:35
joined Jan 5, 2015

So this is where the ship's popularity all started from, huh? Or this doujin, being one of the first NicoMaki works, helped with the ship anyways. I can see why, this really was good.

It was the most popular ship from the get-go (especially in Japan). One reason is probably that, while they like Maki about as much as people in the West do (a lot!), in Japan they're very fond of Nico as well, she's usually just down a notch from Maki in popularity.

Not only the manga, but some of the diary and drama CDs, are by the creator of the yuri series Strawberry Panic, and she's always shipped NicoMaki pretty hard.