Forum › Posts by TheLostLight

Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

So... is this like the Japanese version of Twitch? But instead of streaming video games they dance and say dorky stuff into the camera?

TheLostLight
Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

I've tried to unlock my latent telekinetic powers an embarrassing amount of times XP

TheLostLight
Image Comments 28 Mar 22:17
Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015
TheLostLight
Image Comments 28 Mar 21:56
Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015
[clash%20house]%2002

@flips I wouldn't say there is very much if any subtext between these two. In fact, in the visual novel Mai has her own route, and Sayuri has a secret mini route. I guess I could see how someone could ship them though.

TheLostLight
New Game discussion 28 Mar 14:08
Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

I love new things.

Now I just hope they don't mess thing up by changing too much from original.

Haha, this seems contradictory to me...

TheLostLight
Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

I really hope this series earns its yuri tag. There's just something about the laid-back 4-koma style that makes me ship characters even harder than usual.

TheLostLight
Comic Girls discussion 05 Mar 07:30
Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

Chapter 5 is the gayest chapter lmao
Kaosu is kinda low key gaaayyyyyyyy

And Rukki is kinda low key gaaayyyyyyyy for Kaosu... They should just date already.

TheLostLight
Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

It's kind of ironic how people are calling Maki creepy...

TheLostLight
Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

man kanna reminded me of kyouko now more then ever.

Madoka Kyouko, or Yuru Yuri Kyouko? I could see it being either XD

Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

I know, being on a site dedicated to yuri I should probably name a title that is slighty more so (not that it didn't contain any of yuri) - but in all honesty I would kill for a proper TV series adaption of Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. It's the only manga that I acknowledged as masterpiece till today. And those OVAs were great but not what I call a proper adaption. They were more along the lines of teases of what could have been.

Have you read Koe no Katachi? It's het romance, but if you're okay with that it's one of the best manga I've read in my opinion. Admittedly, I haven't read Yokohama Kaidashi Kiko before. I might check it out.

Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

I echo Girlfriends, but even more would like to see an adaptation of Akiyama Haru's Octave.

Yes! Octave has the potential to make an amazing anime! I would love to watch that

last edited at Feb 1, 2016 1:03AM

Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

Definitely Girlfriends. It's basically the benchmark of yuri. Why it doesn't have an anime and Sakura Trick does baffles me.

Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

The eye color gives it away above all else :p

TheLostLight
Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

Oh yeah, this anime. What a sad disappointment....

I liked this one. I remember the ending felt a bit rushed, but overall I remember it being pretty enjoyable

On another note, that's why you code your own AI, instead of downloading it from some sketchy third party site.

TheLostLight
Duel! discussion 03 Jan 04:01
Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

Don't know if that might reach the scanlators but the correct wording is "marchez", not "marchais".

Why "marchez"? I'm genuinely curious, because my French is really rusty.. "marchez" would be a plural imperatif, right? Just "marche" seems to make the most sense to me as a singular imperatif, but as I said my French has really decayed over the years.

TheLostLight
Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

I'm shocked that the largest complaint is the art. Although it does lack the polish that a published work would have, the actual drawings are done well in my own opinion. The characters are aesthetically pleasing and the expressions seem to fit the situation at hand. The backgrounds and environments are not the best, but this seems to be a one man, low-to-no editing work, so I wouldn't expect much more.

On the other hand the writing is rushed, jumbled, and overall jarring. I would put the art quality high above the writing quality. A confusing plot has been established with a very barren and quick exposition. I'm pretty sure the MC's name was not even mentioned, as well as having barely any other information about her or the setting. The main premise of the story was forced upon us so immediately that we were given almost no reason to care about it in the first place.

That being said, as others have mentioned the only way to get better at this kind of thing is to do it and it seems like this has potential. I'm hoping that the author learns along the way :)