Forum › Posts by Alice Cheshire

Alice Cheshire Moderator
LOVE/DEATH discussion 20 Dec 15:44
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Well that was easily the most absurd and over the top confession I've ever seen, lol.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Forum Rules 20 Dec 11:34
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Rules are for losers. (And people who don't want to get banned/want to keep the community an enjoyable place.)

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I have the same question regarding this manga, Under One Roof. Chapter 12. going by release history, should be out now, but it isn't. Is the scanlation just behind schedule or is it that because of Hirari there will be no more chapters?

I don't know if it's going to have issues from Hirari going out of print or not but if you look at the release history they've gone up to six months without a release before and it has only been three.

Edit: Actually looking at the front page for it, it does say it's on hiatus so that means we don't know when more chapters are coming but it doesn't seem to be cancelled.

last edited at Dec 17, 2014 8:04AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Citrus discussion 14 Dec 15:44
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

RARGH! LOVE TRIANGLE! CITRUS IS SHIT! NO PROGRESS! (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ -post more insults here- RRAAAGGE! SABUROUTA! ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) I'M DROPPING THIS! -returns next chapter to post exactly the same stuff-

It is with this level of maturity this manga is being treated.

This is generalizing and exaggerating a little but you're mostly right. There are some people who aren't rabidly hating on the manga who do have legitimate criticism though. (In my case the time skip specifically just seemed completely unfitting. It just doesn't seem to me that Yuzu would actually be able to just ignore things like that for 1-2 months. Especially without some other incident happening due to that inability to just ignore things.)

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Stretch discussion 14 Dec 00:54
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I must be the only person who started doing stretching after reading this manga?

I was already actually doing some out of sheer habit and only made any connection between it and Stretch after having already caught up on the manga, lol.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Citrus discussion 13 Dec 07:13
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

You're making it seem as if you're doing the mangaka a favour by reading her work. If you want to drop it, then drop it.

I think it's more that they want to like it but it's getting on their nerves too much.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Their Story discussion 13 Dec 00:19
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Page 1 is such a lol.

Sun Jing is so mean to her friend. (Edit: Qi Fang apparently judging by one of the other posts. I'm bad with the names in this manga.) First grabbing that one girl's butt and blaming him and now this, lol.

last edited at Dec 13, 2014 12:20AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

A way to link specific posts without having to look at the page's source would also be useful. The links actually do exist internally (for example this links to Nezchan's post above: http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/5734-suggestions-for-improvement-v3?page=3#forum_post_68995 ) but other than the forum links linking to the newest unread post, there's no other way to access those links normally.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Rereading this it's actually kinda funny, on page 6 Kaho says that she doesn't want to just jump ahead and become Akari's lover yet that's more or less exactly what ends up happening, lol.

(Edit: I should probably clarify that I realize she means that she just enjoys being friends with Akari, I just find it a little bit funny to read knowing how things turn out.)

I wish I could read the first part to this. Even if it doesn't measure up, it would be nice to have the complete story.

From what I've read the other part is apparently supposed to be unrelated. (I don't know if this means it's actually a totally unrelated story or just that it means this one is sort of a side story or what though.) It would be nice to at least know that much though.

last edited at Dec 12, 2014 6:24AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Citrus discussion 12 Dec 06:14
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

You, guys are too excited for more closure. Just enjoy the roller coaster ride.

It's more that people are annoyed that every time there's any progress it seems to be reversed in short order.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Stretch discussion 11 Dec 09:43
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Keiko did slept with her mother boyfriend.

Where did you get that?

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch22#7
although it's never clearly said who that guy is...

Oh, I can see why you might think that but I think you're missing something unless I'm misunderstanding the dialogue.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch22#9

In the top left she says "that guy hadn't really tried anything on me either" which suggests to me that nothing actually happened. And on this same page it looks like she's losing her virginity judging by the guy asking her if it hurts.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Finally I also discovered an apparently pretty classic Vocaloid song which was inspired and dedicated to them, Sweetiex2, as well as a subsequent NicoNico dance meme.

I had no idea that this was related to Husky and Medley. Strange coincidence that I first read Husky and Medley around the same time I came across that song too, lol.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Stretch discussion 11 Dec 09:03
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Keiko did slept with her mother boyfriend.

Where did you get that?

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Stretch discussion 11 Dec 03:01
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Ugh... I somehow have a really bad feeling about it now... I understand why Ran would want to be the mediator between Keiko and her mum, but she really plays with fire here, in my opinion. Keiko isn't even resolved about her relationship with Ran yet. So pressing Keiko with two relationships at the same time - this might really turn out painful to read... Ran should stabilize her relationship with senpai first, and only afterwards try to deal with Keiko's mum. I mean we should see the couple kiss, and we should see Keiko being physically aroused by that. Up till now she was clearly happy mentally to have Ran by her side, but being comfortable of being next to each other, even physically, doesn't mean the desire for sex. And no, that boobplay on the Christmas party was not enough of a proof!

I think this is probably reading into things a bit incorrectly. Remember the chapter where Keiko's friend came over to drink and they were discussing Ran and Keiko's friend said Ran was the sort of person Keiko really needs in her life right now? Keiko didn't disagree and that's probably why Keiko would actually want Ran there to deal with whatever issues she has with her mother.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Game discussion 10 Dec 06:23
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Moriko is quite clearly not out to Yuuka in Game, and doesn't seem to be particularly close to her either.

Don't forget that the site that Kuro and Mimi frequent in I Await Your Reply isn't specifically a lesbian only site. Mimi notes at the start that there's a specific sub-community on the site for girls who like girls. This suggests that anyone who has an account on the site can probably post in any community. (Though in Game it doesn't seem like Kuro is out to Moriko judging by Moriko's reaction in the bathroom to Kuro overhearing her talking to herself and it'd be risky to post on the lesbian section of the site when one of your irl friends knows you on the site if you don't want to be found out.)

As for the last bit though, she's one of the few people we actually see Moriko really interact with throughout the story other than Becky and Moriko's sister. They're clearly friends and Kuro's friend from the site doesn't do anything out of the ordinary for friends. (Though this would bring up the question of why Morico would be asking if Kuro wants to go shopping through the site rather than asking at school or something.)

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Game discussion 10 Dec 04:25
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Well that seems like that's settled then. That was really insightful, thanks for explaining it.

last edited at Dec 10, 2014 4:25AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Citrus discussion 10 Dec 03:50
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Have you not gone to high school? It's not unusual for people to confess their love to people they barely actually know.

Not the strongest argument, kids on high School (specially those with self worth issues) can also crush on someone for years.

I never said that wasn't impossible. I just said that it's not unusual for people in high school to fall for someone they barely are even familiar with.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Game discussion 10 Dec 03:48
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Oh, that's a very good point. I didn't even think to check that name. And with Moriko having a lesbian sister who she looks up to it would make sense that she'd be completely fine with Kuro being a lesbian and if Kuro knew about her sister that's even better. Also what are the dates that Sorry I'm Obsessed and Game were released? If it was a long enough time maybe Moriko being spelled Morico was simply a typo or something that was consciously changed later. (Or simply being a pseudonym as you suggested, though that would be a bit of an odd choice for a pseudonym just changing one letter unless the change in Japanese would have some more significant meaning lost in translation.)

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Citrus discussion 09 Dec 20:51
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

It's been 10 months then...still, it's still not that long to confess your love to someone you know only for that short, especially for someone like Mei.
In my opinion, if they confessed earlier it would be just for fanservice.

Have you not gone to high school? It's not unusual for people to confess their love to people they barely actually know.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Game discussion 09 Dec 03:57
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

(Interesting, I came in here noting something I wanted to post about only for it to turn out I was the last poster a whole month ago, lol.)

Looks like they're in the same school as the girls from I Await Your Reply

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/i_await_your_reply#8

The girls in the second frame here also look like the girls in the bottom right frame here though I'm not actually certain they are. The long haired one has curly hair in one story and straight hair in the other. Everything else down to the style (but not color) of their bags, their hair styles (with the exception of the curls), body shape, glasses, and uniform is pretty much identical though.

Sorry for yet another post in a row but I think it's actually verified that these two are the same ones from I Await Your Reply. The long haired one is named Mio (see here) and if you look here you'll see the one who looks like Kuro refers to someone (presumably the long haired one you see earlier who is the only person you actually see her with) as Mio.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

except suicide bombers .. dying is their goal.

But dying is not their goal. It's a side effect of their goal which is intended to show their devotion to their cause. Their actual goal is have their views acknowledged and validated.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I'm kind of amazed at the fact that most people are on board with the "if she hesitates, she never intended to kill herself" line when variations on that show up on the majority of "suicide myths" pages. For instance here:

https://www.afsp.org/news-events/in-the-news/understanding-suicide-myth-vs.-fact

From what I can tell, most suicides, both attempted and successful, do in fact have warning signs, the individual wanting help out of their situation, etc. and aren't this clear-cut "up and die" without wavering. Or at least they're a rarity.

A large part of the issue people seem to be having is that they don't understand that it's not really a matter of wanting to kill oneself. It's a matter of feeling that nothing is ever going to get better and not wanting to suffer anymore. (For most people at least.) No one really WANTS to kill themselves if things actually got better. But mental instability combined with things never seeming to get better can force people into a situation where they feel that's the only way out.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I don't think you can keep someone from killing themselves by having ( was it even ? ) sex in real life.

It seems really unlikely but it would also be fairly dependent on why exactly they're killing themselves. I can't think of a really good example off the top of my head but something to do with an extremely poor self image might do it. Also in relation to this story I'd say it's more like she decided to do what the other girl wanted and ended up finding a reason to live (that being that she liked the girl it seems) than simply sex keeping her from doing it.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Game discussion 08 Dec 07:17
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

(Interesting, I came in here noting something I wanted to post about only for it to turn out I was the last poster a whole month ago, lol.)

Looks like they're in the same school as the girls from I Await Your Reply

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/i_await_your_reply#8

The girls in the second frame here also look like the girls in the bottom right frame here though I'm not actually certain they are. The long haired one has curly hair in one story and straight hair in the other. Everything else down to the style (but not color) of their bags, their hair styles (with the exception of the curls), body shape, glasses, and uniform is pretty much identical though.

last edited at Dec 8, 2014 7:18AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Citrus discussion 08 Dec 02:36
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I don't know if you could call her another Matsuri. It was clear that Matsuri solely wanted Yuzu to herself, and did anything to keep people from being with her, to the point it was almost Yandere... without the excessive violence.

What she did may not have been outright violent but it was far more messed up.