Forum › Posts by Nene

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

You're all mistaken! It's about her friend, her friend!

Nene
Image Comments 23 Jul 01:12
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018
Untitled842

They made love like crazed rabb... I mean, they made cupcakes.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This page:

https://dynasty-scans.com/system/releases/000/024/728/Imoko%20after%20the%20rain.png

Me:

Neeko is SO DAMN LUCKY to have a little sister like Imoko. Guaranteed incestuous yuri romance that will last her for as long as she lives. And a solution to her self-worth problem, too, as she can just be a homemaker for the excellent breadwinner Imoko will make. I'm crazy jealous.

last edited at Jul 23, 2019 1:07AM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

That Yumesaki... I can't believe she got caught.

Magical girls gotta do plenty of running, jumping and other athletic activities. She should be very fit! And yet she couldn't outrun a mere saleswoman? Even with a huge head start? How out of shape is she???

I suspect the real reason she got fired had nothing to do with her age.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I was a bit worried at first that this was going to end with the oni actually killing and dismembering and cooking the child. Which would have been especially horrible since I had realized from the first panel that the oni's friend was not talking about kids as food.

Leading us to believe that the story is cute and heartwarming and then hitting us with "Bam! Surprise! It's a horror story after all!" -- oh, Japanese authors are definitely capable of pulling that shit. Heck yeah, they are.

But then I saw it was by Itou Hachi and my fears were swept away. Whew! Nothing to worry about!

Nene
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I suspect that, in the remaining chapters till the manga's end, Yume won't get a single kiss. This makes me mad.

She's my favorite among the schoolgirls in the story. She was curious about the swapping, and tried more than once to persuade Haru/Natsuko to kiss her -- just to see if they would swap bodies with her, too. But the other girls always shied away from the experiment. Tsk.

It will be vexing if, by the end of the series, Yume hasn't been kissed by anyone, not even once. Swap or no swap. Unfairness!

Nene
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Sakurako confirmed King Kull reincarnated; By This Axe, I Rule

I foresee 10 pages of discussion about Robert E. Howard, starting now.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Very nice, although I like Morinaga's version a bit more. :P

Right? This was too bare bones to seperate itself and stand out from other similar stories.

Well, that's the difference between 3 pages and 300 pages.

Nene
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Girl 1: (surfing with cellphone) "Hey, look at this! I was checking A Room For Two at the Dynasty reader, and wow: there are 2200+ messages in the comments thread! It really is super popular, huh?"

Girl 2: "Yeah, too bad only 20% of those posts are about the actual series."

(Conversation heard in a lesbian bar, you totally can't prove I made it up.)

Nene
New Game discussion 19 Jul 14:48
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Serenata, you changed your avatar? It's a completely new look!

Nene
1 x ½ discussion 19 Jul 00:44
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Seems like some roleplaying with that girl might scratch her Mommy itch.

Now you have put in my head the image of Asuka making Miyuki roleplay (forcing Miyuki to wear a blonde wig and calling her "mom") while they have sex.

Somehow I imagined it the other way around—Miyuki quickly glomming onto Asuka’s mothercon, and amping it up in the sack.

Oh, you... your conversation and speculations made me think of this:

Interracial, intercultural couples sure face some fascinating situations.

Nene
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Therefore, this is a thread for all of you, who want to hear about the stuff you're looking for. And for people who want to encourage others to read something they may have missed.

Nezchan, I'm not clear on some details.

Are we supposed to recommend anything as long as we think is good? Because in that case the most popular series, like Yuru Yuri or Virgins' Empire, will get the most recommendations -- which will accomplish nothing, as everyone and their uncle has already heard about them. Or am I correct to assume that the idea is to focus on more obscure, less known series?

Also, do we limit the recommendations to series found right now in the Dynasty Reader, and leave out those series that were removed or have never been uploaded? Or is anything fine as long as it's yuri?

Nene
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Okay, I'm banning Germán permanently for being a dick.

Thank you as always, Nezchan, for taking good care of us.

last edited at Jul 22, 2019 11:14AM

Nene
Still Sick discussion 18 Jul 14:39
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Kawaii hito, huh? I didn't know that, but it sure describes Maekawa's feelings well, haha.

Maekawa will realize eventually that her jealousy means she has romantic feelings for Shimizu... and then she'll go: "OH NO what the heck is this, my mind works just like a romcom character's! Noooooo..."

Nene
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

are obviously the same person

Speaking of which...

In my humble opinion, this and this are BugDevil's socks. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry. But perhaps moderation should take some time to look into it?

last edited at Jul 22, 2019 11:12AM

Nene
Kancho discussion 18 Jul 01:54
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Anal and Tragedy... Those two tags almost too scary to be together in a single dj

https://dynasty-scans.com/tags/depressing_ass_fuck

There actually is a tag like that? Oh, you guys...

What's next in the witty punny list? Wait, let me guess: Larry and Curly up the butt

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Results and analysis now available above, thank you everyone~

Gwennie, this is amazing. And you did all the work by yourself? Wow. The sheer amount of data is staggering. That was an awesome job!

Nene
Still Sick discussion 18 Jul 00:31
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

More Still Stick! OH YEAH! Come to mama!!!

(I'll write something more pithy as soon as I download the chapter and read it, I promise.)

It's done. Loved the chapter. <3 I actually don't have any pearls of wisdom to share or enlightenment to impart, but I still think -- I've said it before, I'll say it again -- that this manga is extraordinary in the way it deals with psychologies and behaviors. Shimizu and Maekawa are able to look at themselves and their own feelings and conflicts with the detachment of a manga author looking at her characters, and that makes them uniquely original people: I do believe this is the first time I meet two MCs who have achieved this level of objectivity and equitability in self-judgment -- and can discuss about their circumstances so openly.

Listening to them analyze themselves, I am reminded of the otaku crowd of Genshiken debating if two characters in a manga have feelings for each other, exactly what these feelings are, and, depending on the conclusions, whether they could have a fulfilling romance or not. As things stand now, Shimizu and Maekawa have agreed that the answer is NO -- they should NOT get tangled into a romantic affair, whatever feelings they may hold for each other!

Okay. It's their choice. That's fine by me.

Let's all wait for the fireworks when this firm and resolute decision crumbles like a dunked biscuit under the onslaught of unbridled passion that's most certainly looming in their future.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

At some point, yuri authors realized it was fun to include yuri fans in their manga -- characters who do nothing but perv at what other characters are (or seem to be, or can be imagined to be) doing. And from then on yuri became a more entertaining genre. Medetashi medetashi.

Nene
Still Sick discussion 17 Jul 22:22
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

More Still Stick! OH YEAH! Come to mama!!!

(I'll write something more pithy as soon as I download the chapter and read it, I promise.)

Nene
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I'm not sure if these kids need a lover or a mother or maybe both...loool

How about a mother like Ayako in 1 x ½?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I'll be honest here, for the life of me I can't see the yuri in this one. It's fun to read and all, but neither of them seem the least bit attracted to each other. Or any other girl for that matter.

What am I missing here?

The name of the author is Ohsawa Yayoi.

Dunno about you, but, as far as I am concerned, that's all that matters.

Nene
Image Comments 15 Jul 22:38
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018
D3grebpw4aeqy4_-orig

This is supposed to be a romantic moment?? O_o
If you have an asphyxiation fetish, then I guess yeah, maybe.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I would have liked seeing her as a teacher a bit longer. there was potential for more situations, like a parent/teacher meeting or something.

Oh yeah, there's a day when every student must bring a parent to visit the school, and then parent & child together have a talk with the teacher, huh?

A great chance for oyakodon, heh heh.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

There's a lot of yuri that can feel relatable without explicitly dealing with queer identity. (I suspect if this weren't true, there wouldn't be such a huge LGBTQ+ contingent in the readership here.)

That may actually be for the best... because, sometimes, when a manga decides to explicitly deal with serious issues of queer identity, the result is not well received by a hefty chunk of the readership.