Forum › Posts by transbikes

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

Thanks for so neatly summarizing the series, though you probably should have spoiler tagged that... either way, this was a cute enough story~

transbikes
The Flower discussion 09 Jan 17:17
joined Aug 24, 2015

Thanks Nezchan as always, but I must ask why this discussion is even happening? The word trap is not mentioned once in the story. And I'm getting exceedingly tired of otaku shitheads trying to bring it up again and again. It's offesnive. It's demeaning. It's transphobic. And on a discussion thread of a story that highlights the everyday transphobia and violence that trans women experience (statistically 1 in 12 trans women end up murdered), it is simply disrespectful. So can we please move on to more productive conversation?

As for the actually story, I thought it was great. Shimura Takako is well known for her representation of trans people in her work and she does an excellent job in this one. It feels very real and it doesn't pull any punches, yet still remains easy to read and engaging. Though personally, I can't say I'd want to go on date with a guy who tried to feel me up on a train and has admitted to multiple counts of adultery ...

joined Aug 24, 2015

If anyone is looking for a young adult romance I just read a book called A Boy Like Me by Jennie Wood and I'd totally recommend it. Although as you might guess from the title it's not about a lesbian couple.. Its actually about a trans boy growing up and navigating a relationship with a guitar-playing girl throughout high school and beyond. Its still LGBTQ so I figure there's probably an audience for it here too. Anyway, its got enough good angsty small-town drama to satiate pretty much anyone's taste, if that's what you're looking for.

last edited at Jan 6, 2016 10:54PM

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

This was so cute I'm gonna die... all of my trans children getting along and being supportive I'm so happy :') This chapter was such a blessing~

Only one of them is a trans though.

I used it as an umbrella term. Only one is binary trans yes, but almost all the characters have some form of gender going on, and they are all supportive in each others' interest in exploring their own gender, which is why I was so happy. Especially in this chapter with Tamura supporting Natsume, and then having fun all together dressing fem without really trying to pass. To me it seems like they are beginning to really accept this as a part of their identity now, and not just as a hobby. I'm sorry, just as trans person its reading more and more on the spectrum of non-binary trans rather than just crossdressing. At least for Natsume. Tamura... still has a lot to sort out.

last edited at Jan 3, 2016 1:46AM

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

Yeah, I gotta agree that the MC comes off as seriously depressed due to a number of reasons, and having what appears to be an extended panic attack. She's certainly scared of something here. I think if we're being reasonable what she needs is someone to show they understand to some degree, and let her reveal just what the problem is.

In a perfect world, the lead singer will go all full of anger and ready to literally kick her ass, but be brought up short when she actually sees her face to face. I suspect that she's got something similar to what the MC is going thorough in her background and she kinda resents being reminded of it, but that's only a suspicion.

Of course what'll more likely happen is the lead singer will scream in the MC's face until she realizes what made her want to play music to start with or some similar BS.

That... would be ideal, yes.

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

Human x Robot romance can't end well anyway. Just bittersweet.

Or is it seen as "bittersweet" only because the romance doesn't fit typical human patterns and expectations?

joined Aug 24, 2015

Welp, a new group just picked this up so it looks like this series might actually be translated?? Which. Hell yeah. I'm so here for post-apocalyptic slice of life gay vampire girls.

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

This is trans girl Honoka and no one will be able to convince me otherwise!! Her facial features read verrrrry much like a dmab person on estradiol. As well as the lack of curve in her hips and her somewhat flatter butt make undeniable (!!) cause for this being a fairly wonderful, depiction of real-to-life sex with a trans person!!! Sorry, I just get worked up about any potential healthy trans representation, esp in manga as it is just so rare...

Much more functional penis than a trans girl who's been on HRT for any significant length of time, though. But otherwise, I'm pretty cool with it.

That's ... not really true. A girl can get hard without very much work, trust me.

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

they bought penis stocking together

what?!(⊙︿⊙✿)

Some stockings for male crossdressers to hide/tuck away their junk? (A wild guess)

regular stockings do just fine... i've no idea what that could be referring to tbh, unless its a gag like Evilnemesis suggested

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

This was so cute I'm gonna die... all of my trans children getting along and being supportive I'm so happy :') This chapter was such a blessing~

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

What a wonderful wild ride. Happy holidays everyone~

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

when mira tires, she can write decent stories to accompany her talent for sex scenes

transbikes
Fall discussion 23 Dec 00:19
joined Aug 24, 2015

give me all the adult life nicomaki doujins pls. doctor maki and idol nico is just such a compelling dynamic? this one esp was very good~

transbikes
MariAli discussion 14 Dec 02:52
joined Aug 24, 2015

wehhhh that was really good ;c; I have zero knowledge of the source material and it was still a wonderful read (even if a little cliched). Be prepared to cry, but in a good way ~

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

Idk, Ayumi never said she wanted to stop doing what she was doing with Kiyo. Just that she wanted her to meet her boyfriend. It read very much like she was in a long-standing open relationship and Kiyo simply came to the conclusion that she was okay being a part of that. Maybe I'm seeing it with too much of a poly-lens, but I felt like it could definitely work out.

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

The guy clearly doesn't get that "I hate men" is a coping mechanism... She's clearly gone through some sort of sexual abuse and just got molested, let her cope and stop trying to make it about you. Ugh. The story iteslf was actually fairly interesting but be prepared to cringe a number of times from shit like this and some homophobic/transphobic slurs.

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

There's also some yuri one shots by this author in an anthology called Happy Go Lucky Days (scene 5 and scene 9) for anyone who's interested. Both are pretty good and the collection is decent overall, if not somewhat melancholic, but it doesn't have any school setting stories which is nice.

last edited at Jan 8, 2016 2:42PM

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

Stories with realistically gay parents will always get my vote of approval. So far everything is being written very well and building up a nice ensemble cast. I hope the series continues to be translated past the first volume :)

transbikes
No,1 discussion 05 Dec 15:02
joined Aug 24, 2015

Oh gosh, a continuation! And a 72-page one at that! How nice to have such a cute doujin of this length ~

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

oh gosh I'm happy to see this getting an update! I hope it continues :)

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

Ah and there it is, I was really pulling for the sad flashback of loved one growing old on you as you stay forever young backstory to be a written. And now we have a much more engaging story tbh! I hope this continues to be translated :)

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

back in high school my geometry teacher thought he was being clever when he told us that QED meant "quite easily done". He told us this when we were all in the middle of struggling to solve a particularly difficult proof...

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

It's just a joke^^ Cause Ryuunosuke (which is the manliest japanese name I've ever heard, i feel sorry for her) is still living as a boy at this point of the story and the words "I think it was a mistake that I was born a man" is probably the best way to introduce a biological man as love-interest into a yuri-manga.

It's a shame that there too little with a transsexual and a yuri focus.

Hell, there aren't many good sympathetic trans portrayals in manga at all. Certainly the only ones I've read have been this, Hourou Musuko and Double House. I'm a bit on the fence about Kyou Kara Yonshimai since it stumbles a lot. Most of the rest I've seen have either been joke/titillation characters or non-passing "Newhalf" prostitutes.

And well, the only trans man I've seen in manga at all is here:

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/her_temptation#6

There's a trans man character in Poor Poor Lips (http://dynasty-scans.com/series/poor_poor_lips) but he doesn't show up till later and dynasty doesn't have those chapters uploaded. He's written surprisingly well, too.

Also, Bokura no Hentai (http://dynasty-scans.com/series/bokura_no_hentai) is superb and has alllll kinds of gender explorations in addition to the canonical trans girl.

Anyway! What a wonderful story :) warms my little queer trans heart to be able to see myself so clearly in Aika's character.

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

Personnally, even for a straight couple, I don't understand the idea of marriage necessity to be happy. To me that's just some religious stuff, I don't really need that.
Well why not the administrative mariage but that's not that big of a deal...

I think it was more the aspect of raising a family that magobee wanted to experience. Which is a valid reason. I wish they had a discussion about other ways for that to happen than through het marriage though. Still, this was a wonderfully mature manga.

transbikes
Free Soul discussion 24 Nov 04:05
joined Aug 24, 2015

I was surprised we got a happy ending, but it ended working out better than I imagined it would? Getting away from niki gave keito the opportunity to do some very necessary introspection and she grew from it and was finally able to come to terms with her feelings about her relationship with niki. Sure, she was lonely, but she was able to channel her loneliness and use it rather than wallow in it. Which was damn refreshing to read, I'll say. And I'd say that this story too, accomplishes what the referenced in-story novel was able to do - remind us that loneliness is inevitable, but that it doesn't have to be depressing.

And I think the reason why the ending worked was because keito had ultimately given up on niki. She was finally able to figure out her feelings and embrace their relationship as a good experience, the happiness in tandem with the lonliness. She no longer had any regrets over their relationship, so when niki returned it wasn't a toxic reunion. Especially since niki had gone on her own self-realizing journey when she was away.

Overall, gosh! What an excellent story. I don't know why it took me so long to get to this one.

last edited at Nov 24, 2015 4:10AM