Forum › Posts by Nene

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Yume, I dub thee: Haruki version 0.2

And like the Haruki from Warikitta, you don't have a snowball's chance in hell. Sorry, kid.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

It's not that I don't appreciate a good, solid analysis of the fine points of universe-building in a sci-fi story that tackles the economics of space trade, but...

... did you read the last sentence in my previous message?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I do believe every story of the light sci-fi genre that combines space trade with FTL travel has the same problem. You leave your planet for an interstellar trading trip, and when you return, after what seemed like five weeks for you, twenty years have passed in your original planet -- thus making whatever you brought back probably unneeded and most certainly obsolete.

MST3K Mantra applies. We shouldn't wonder too much.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Pero que ............. Al fin sacaron un update de Takaze san y resulta ser el final T-T osea solo 3 capitulos

¿¡Ya es el final!? Qué pena, me gustaban estos personajes, creo que había mucho para desarrollar todavía.
En fin, son cosas que pasan. También el próximo capítulo de Yuri Kagi, el cap 5, será el último. Hay que resignarse...

last edited at Feb 13, 2020 9:40AM

Nene
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Is it weird that I kinda expected the ending to imply that the MC was in love with her grandma? I don't know why I would think the author would go that route

1 x ¼?

Haha.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

this is so epic that it almost hurts. came for the yuri, got a ridley scott film

Heck, yes!!!
I was thinking the same thing.

Reading this is like watching a space adventure sci-fi movie.

In fact, they totally should make a movie with this!

Nene
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

It's the plethora of small details that shows the care and effort Taiyaki puts in her works. Like the constant use of sound effects to reinforce emotive expression. Or the orange visual theme.

The box in which Yuzu is found? It's a mandarin orange box. Classic.

In several scenes, including the final scene after the bath, Yuzu's wearing a "yuzu" t-shirt. A "yuzu" is a citrus fruit like an orange.

And the orange printed on her t-shirt breaks in half (to show her dismay) when Yuzu finds that they haven't made any babies. With a GA---N in the background. Perfect.

last edited at Feb 12, 2020 10:36AM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

ALL RIGHT!!!

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

So, the two got together because they're horny and lonely.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Nene
I Scream discussion 11 Feb 12:30
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I kind of expected this to be yuri between Sidney Prescott and Gale Weathers...

Yes, I know, I should pay more attention to the tags.

Nene
Liberty discussion 11 Feb 10:27
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

And, from what I have seen, there's a grand total of 2 people in this forum who are okay with that, lol.

Two, including you?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This big-eared potato is criminally cute.

Oh you really made me laugh with that one. "Big-eared potato," lol, it's so true. A very accurate description of the MC; Fuuka is miles away from the typical moeblob look. The drawing style of this author is very personal.

But it grows on you, yes it does.

Nene
Liberty discussion 10 Feb 17:32
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

so the first nsfw chapter is her cheating on Maki, that's great

Wow. When you put it like that... yeah, it kinda sucks. >_<

I guess they're saving the big Maki/Liz sex scene for the climactic conclusion?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

What the fuck am I reading indeed.

That's some good tagging, all right.

Nene
Mira discussion 10 Feb 16:29
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

What, like the one that was just uploaded to the reader? Lol.

Nene
Image Comments 10 Feb 16:16
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018
A0db7fc9-716c-4f55-8ec2-8bba4a35b33a

@Malibu, I just watched it on Youtube. So funny! Thanks for the recommendation! <3
Oh btw in case someone wants to watch it with subtitles (say, a non-native English speaker) I found some too:
https://amara.org/en/videos/KgxTiyk51neT/en/2594379/

Nene
Liberty discussion 10 Feb 13:41
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

What even was the contract about ? Was so far i don't remember.

Maki is required to let Liz shit in her mouth. Wait, no, that wasn’t quite it...

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/liberty_ch08#5

"Ore no mono ha, ore no mono. Omae no mono mo ore no mono!"

It's kind of cute that she used Gian's catchphrase... though I'm guessing she didn't use "ore" to refer to herself, haha. It's like she's saying: "Yes, I'm gonna roleplay a bad kid, I'm gonna bully you, you gotta problem with that?" It gives a childlike touch to the whole contract thing.

Nene
Liberty discussion 10 Feb 13:34
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I can't believe this.
You are ardently supporting polyphobic people, homophobic people, and, in general, all majority groups who engage in minority discrimination... and, afaict, you don't even realize what you're doing.

You really need to rethink your argument. Or your worldview. Or both. Or everything.

To be frank, I lost track of his argument at some point. He just keeps naysaying everything, even the factual and the canon, and doesn't seem to understand how it leads him to contradiction. It's gotten so incoherent, I don't know anymore what he's trying to tell us.

Most likely, he doesn't know either.

last edited at Feb 10, 2020 4:27PM

Nene
Liberty discussion 10 Feb 13:09
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Oh for fuck's sake--if a character is shown to have recently gotten a surprise short-hair makeover that completely changed the way she looks, then in a subsequent scene she is shown back looking the way she did before without any explanation (not even a short-hair wig lying on the floor) it's beyond fatuous to say "It's a manga--it's not supposed to be hyper-realistic."

Well, I don't see anyone else having problems understanding what was going on, so....

No, this is actually a narrative problem. Until she looked at her phone and the text from Maki, I legit thought the sex scene was a flashback. Ditching the wig with no visual cues actively confused my read of it. I don't think it's as big a deal as Blastaar does, but I do think it's a flawed choice.

I have to admit I was myself a wee bit confused about that makeover thing. At first I thought she had had her hair cut and dyed blonde. Then I saw her with long black hair again and didn't know what to think. It took me a few moments to realize the short blonde hair from before was supposed to be a wig... (I'm tempted to say: an impossibly well-fitting wig for someone with her hair...)

Now, it's the purpose of the makeover that has me kind of baffled. Did Sumire want Liz to change her looks just for that one shot (and dinner date) or is she demanding an official image change?

Nene
Reki Yomi discussion 10 Feb 12:45
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

No Yuri tag? I dunno...

Nene
Yuru Yuri discussion 10 Feb 11:07
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Kyouko seems supremely and blissfully ignorant of almost everything- especially Ayano's feelings for her. She is too focused on herself at this point in her life. I do love the pairing- And think they will eventually get together mind you- but i've seen zero indication Toshino-san knows Ayano has feelings for her as of yet.

Kyouko is one of those characters whose (extraordinarily creative) behavior is made of one gratuitous act after another -- kind of like Miu in Ichigo Mashimaro, heh. It's not easy to ascertain what she really feels or wants. From a fan's viewpoint, her main ships are Yui and Ayano... and, judging by polls, Kyouko/Ayano is way more popular. So, yeah... we'll see.

Nene
Liberty discussion 10 Feb 10:52
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

There's that blanket thing again...

I just now how the Japanese think. I'm actually have Japanese friends and have gone to Japan many times too.

You're not getting the point.

You said, I quote, "Any Japanese would assume a romantic relationship is exclusive unless explicitly said otherwise." You could as well say, "Any Japanese would assume a romantic relationship is something between a man and a woman unless explicitly said otherwise." Yes, a lot of people think like that; and it's a source of much embarrassment for lesbian couples in daily life. A lot of people. A lot. Not all.

Just because a great number of people in a country do something wrong, you cannot claim everyone is like that and issue a blanket condemnation.

Too much headcanon, too little canon.

I guess that's your way if saying you didn't pay enough attention.

Start by working on your understanding of logical thought (and your orthography); then we can talk.

Nene
Liberty discussion 10 Feb 10:26
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

But logic? Nope, there are no cultural variants in logic. Reason and logic are universal.

Logic has nothing to do with it. It's a cultural thing. Any Japanese would assume a romantic relationship is exclusive unless explicitly said otherwise.

There's that blanket thing again...

This is not a question of need or lack thereof. They have a contract. Perchance you forgot?

A contract none of them took seriously. What they did take seriously was the relationship itself.

Too much headcanon, too little canon.

Nene
Liberty discussion 10 Feb 10:11
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Mmm nope. You can't just make blanket generalizations like that.

"Something works generally in a certain way" ==> "That's the norm everyone must adhere to" is bad, flawed logic.

You should consider this was written from a Japanese mindset for Japanese readers. In the Western world there is a tendency to not make assumptions or generalizations about a lot of stuff, but that's a Western thing. The Japanese are not like that.

I'm all for cultural specificity. I often write myself that Japan is not the West, and that you can't judge Japanese stories or characters by Western moral parameters. I've been in many a debate because of that.

But logic? Nope, there are no cultural variants in logic. Reason and logic are universal.

Liz seems to feel that her actions could hurt Maki, that's for sure. Doesn't mean it's a breach of contract.

There's no need for a contract.

This is not a question of need or lack thereof. They have a contract. Perchance you forgot?