Forum › Posts by Koveras

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Kuki can sure do some wicked headbanging.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Awwww T-T she's so cute, it makes me feel sad ... An unrequited yuri crush

I feel bad for her. Shinozaki is way too gay for Kaede to even register her as a romantic contender. :-(

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

It irks me to no end whenever Shouji has Mino fight her battles for her. :-/ If she wants to show Houjou who has the bigger dick (yes, I know that they're both girls, but what they're doing is classic dick measuring), how about facing her herself.

last edited at Jan 14, 2018 4:30PM

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

That awkward moment when your childhood friend cross-dresses and looks hot AF...

At least they didn't do any hand-holding. Bless this wholesome manga...

Well, there goes that last bastion of wholesomeness in this impure and sinful world.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The transliteration is weird though. E.g. "ju" in "ljublju" is supposed to be read as "you" and is normally transcribed as "yu" for English-language readers. The "j" here is more of a German thing.

Translit.cc was used to translit russian into latin. It was set to Universal system by default and had ю=ju , я=ja, ё=jo as the first choice.

Ah, OK. I am not sure what that site bases the "universal" system on, but I am more used to what they label the "GOST 7.79", which actually seems to be the System B of ISO 9, the international standard for transcribing Cyrillic languages with Latin character sets.

Well, I wasn't sure which to use in the end or if I should leave a TL note as the last page with translation for all Nika's words. I can change it to GOST 7.79 B system if that makes it easier for english speaking readers.

I don't have a strong opinion on this issue, just providing some context from past experience, since I figured it's pretty rare for manga translators to have to deal with Russian text. :-)

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

dat biohazard suit

Next chapter: Sophie and Hinata cooking crystal meth.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The transliteration is weird though. E.g. "ju" in "ljublju" is supposed to be read as "you" and is normally transcribed as "yu" for English-language readers. The "j" here is more of a German thing.

Translit.cc was used to translit russian into latin. It was set to Universal system by default and had ю=ju , я=ja, ё=jo as the first choice.

Ah, OK. I am not sure what that site bases the "universal" system on, but I am more used to what they label the "GOST 7.79", which actually seems to be the System B of ISO 9, the international standard for transcribing Cyrillic languages with Latin character sets.

last edited at Jan 13, 2018 3:56AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

titiwithmilk posted:

the difference between Japanese manga and Korean manga:
Jp: a guy appears then disappear and never comes back
K: a guy appears, disappears, appears, disappears, appears...

It Would Be Great if He Didn't Exist

You win the internet today.

Koveras
Their Story discussion 12 Jan 18:49
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

[snip]
It actually makes perfect sense for that party scene to be the catalyst for the fan girl finally making a move, probably out of sheer desperation.
[snip]

I actually agree with this line of reasoning. From the Watsonian perspective, her entering the story at this particular moment makes perfect sense. From the Doylist POV, however, it was largely uncalled for IMO.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

What language she was speaking?

Russian

It's surprisingly good, too. Except the already-mentioned "prihodite" instead of "idi", it's pretty much flawless. The transliteration is weird though. E.g. "ju" in "ljublju" is supposed to be read as "you" and is normally transcribed as "yu" for English-language readers. The "j" here is more of a German thing.

I’m rather wondering how the hell both of them survived all these catastrophes, how Nika as a russian ended up in presumably Japan,

Nika is/was a soldier, since she still wears her dog-tag:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/i_want_to_leave_behind_a_miraculous_love#14
ВС России - Russian Armed Forces

She may have been deployed to Japan as part of a relief force against the zombies and/or aliens, or maybe she was part of an invasion force. She is too young for draft or enlistment, however, so the implication seems to be that the situation was so dire, they literally sent children to the fight...

EDIT: It's fitting that my 666th post was under a post-apocalyptic work.

last edited at Jan 12, 2018 6:34PM

Koveras
Their Story discussion 11 Jan 07:47
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I don't understand the issue with a love triangle. This girl has been in the story since the beginning (I think she was there even before Qui Tong) and the fact that she liked Sun Jing was pretty obvious. Frankly, I'm surprised it took this long for her to be put in the spotlight.

The issue is just that: that girl has been there from the start. She did not do anything to establish herself as Qui Tong's rival. Only after the story has spent literal years setting up Sun Jing and Qui Tong's relationship AND finally given us a hint of a resolution, did she suddenly get the narrative treatment a romantic rival should. The issue is not with the existence of a romantic rival/triangle, but with the fact that it played no role in the(ir) story for so long, that its sudden importance, warranting several chapters in the row, feels extremely forced. It is as if the author suddenly remembered that, shit, I had a rival character on the roster all along, I better play her subplot on fast-forward before it's too late, i.e. the leads have committed to each other!

last edited at Jan 11, 2018 7:49AM

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The reason why NanoFate works so well IMO is because they are perfectly drift-compatible: nothing one does can hurt the other, despite them having vastly different personalities (a submissive, but highly principled introvert and a iron-willed extrovert who values people over rules) -- in fact, the differences just stimulate them. These doujins merely state that this kind of relationship is essentially an exploration journey they undertake together, be it into their own sexuality or simply into everyday things. The key part is that whatever they do together, they know it will bring them joy, not pain or fear.

a daughter that may follow their steps someday.

Isn't she already well on the way? I thought Einhart was befriended long ago. ^^

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The molester is coming back... the police is corrupted... Why Mochi, WHY?!

Because lawful police makes for boring stories. :P

the police going to capture the entire family for incest!

But incest is legally recognized in Mochiverse!

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

If you install the Dynasty Thingifier userscript from the Dynasty Userscripts thread it actually adds that exact link.

It does? I have never figured out how to "install" JavaScript files, though. :-/

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Would it be possible to change the "Discuss this chapter" button in the toolbar above the chapter reader view to link to the first unread post of the thread (if the user is logged in; or just to the last page if there are no unread posts), rather than the first page? Very often, I read the latest chapter and want to see what others say about it, but that link is only useful when it's a one-shot without a previous discussion. If it's an existing thread for a series, I have to go to the forum, find the corresponding thread, and click on it to get to the first unread post. Streamlining this with a button would be a great convenience function IMO...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

OH MY GOD MOCHI STOP SPOILING ME SO MUCH
It's like Mochi saw the awful state of the world and decided to single handle make it better by the power of yuri

The World is in a fine state. Stop watching the news so much that likes to get views so only reports on bad/depressing things. The world is a big place.

A world where Mochi exists and creates can't be that bad, can it? :-) Not as great as Mochiverse, of course, but hey...

last edited at Jan 7, 2018 4:00AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

This chapter hammers home the idea that to write a good story, you have to have something to say first. Akina's problem was that she didn't know what she wanted to write, only the format it was supposed to have. Her epiphany upon rereading that doujin was two-fold: on one hand, she realized what she wanted to write about (namely, flirting with Kanade/Kaede); on the other, she saw that the form can be faulty, as long as the content is earnest and enjoyable. That is a very good message for a chapter, I think.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So you dislike about 90% of yuri manga ? >.>

Sorry, I didn't mean I dislike the stories as a whole just because of it, but it's something very unrealistic (It's not because I was a dude, I'm a girl), and that's something that always bothers me. So that's the reason why a lesbro would be refreshing.

The best straight lesbro ever is Alan from Sunstone, which isn't even a manga...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

YUKI'S EYES FREAK ME OUT

I see them as an expression of deep unhappiness and distress caused by her supposed caretaker abandoning her and her having to essentially prostitute herself for a roof over her head...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Now I am officially subscribed to the Robot tag.

I am a little disappointed that there was no sex even tho there's a NSFW tag, especially because the art is really cute, but I really liked it :)

Man, have you seen that handholding on the last page?!

handholding

These greedy sexbots, I swear. That's the definition of going too far. What next? Some kind of AI takeover?

And that after Eiko explicitly told her she was afraid of sex!

That fucking reaction...

Nothing is Scarier

IKR? I was afraid Eiko really broke her, good thing Leeza managed to recover...

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

At least they didn't do any hand-holding. Bless this wholesome manga...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

wait does this mean the'll work at the same company if Guk-Hwa accepts?

I have a weird feeling that this Kim person is trying to play matchmaker for the two...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Welp, that's one way to head-hunt.

Koveras
Their Story discussion 27 Dec 08:39
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

That's the only kind of kidnapping that I'm okay with.

Is it really kidnapping if the other party is willing, though? Wouldn't that be more like eloping?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

When I first saw Natsuki, I was like, "Wtf is Kase-san doing in this manga??" And then I saw Yamada on the last page...