Forum › Posts by NuclearStudent

joined Dec 13, 2018

So, is she going to warn them about WWII, The Cold War, and so on, or...?

to be fair, what is she realistically going to do about it

I doubt an average person, like she presumably is, knows anything that can prove her identity and foreknowledge.

last edited at Jul 21, 2022 3:02PM

joined Dec 13, 2018

ayy, nice Sonatine reference on page 8

joined Dec 13, 2018

begone, ryouji from shiina's past. die monster, you don't belong in this world.

What a man you are, Ryouji. Surely Shiina won't forget about you, for ten years at least.

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

I mean, I imagine there’s slightly more to Yucca’s character than just “she’s a psycho” (though she definitely is), since that would be suspiciously one-dimensional. We’ll probably have some kind of backstory to why she’s like that later on. Another possibility I think is that she’s normally not like that but gets possessed or something, Asagi Rinko-style (evidenced by the background of page 9’s middle panel, her surprised facial expression after the attack and the references to her facial expression as an indicator of entering this “possessed” mode) — plausibly she wanted to hide it because of shame or something.

I don't know any more, my dude. I think you might be overestimating the competence of this manga. I'm just in it to see what happens next.

joined Dec 13, 2018

Why so many people keep posting theories, made of pure unbased speculation, about Mai being an adult against all evidence? Is it that difficult to read the story as it is?

I suspect that it’s not difficult just reading the story as it is, but some people seem to have difficulty coming to terms with liking it exactly as it is.

(My own theory is that the author is just, “I like size-gap, i like age-gap—I’m really going for it this time!”)

I guess so, yeah.

This series really plays off the taboo nature of a lolicon relationship, despite the physical appearance and attitude of the child being nothing at all like a loli. It all works somehow I guess, but I always feel confused after reading. Like my brain simply doesn't think it's a child, you know.

last edited at Jul 14, 2022 12:07AM

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

wen ur crush donut wear makup in fron of u, but dres up for her laddy fren

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

"The truth is, Sakurako, I only want your cooking. But I do want to bang your mother. Can you get me her number?"

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

I think that was possibly meant to be "anthology?"

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

wait

it's over?

ya killing me

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

They're finally bringing this up, and it's in a special chapter rather than an actual numbered canonical chapter????

weirdly, pretty much all the progress chapters have been in specials

not sure why

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

Hey, wait, this wasn't supposed to happen

The funniest part is that, depending on how this goes, it might validate all the people who said they weren't really dating

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

"currently I see Yamashita suffering and I'm enjoying myself"

big mood

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

The fact that lots of vampires die during their first attempt to drink human blood, still feels like an oversight from the vampire society and world building to me. Something that could be preventable. Regardless I'm still curious to see where this goes.

sounds like commie talk

in vampireland, we let our girls die like men

???? What are y'all going on about

yucca's just on that girlboss grindset, she'll make things clear

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

It took just under 7 years for everyone to agree that they're not just friends.

it's not proper yuri until ligma

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

Remember kids: This is why you make sure that if you're not interested, you say so instead of beating around the bush.

naw, clearly the strat is to feign interest and then be swept away by a maniac love interest who makes you fall in love for real

joined Dec 13, 2018

no sex has ever been consensual

bottom text

joined Dec 13, 2018

it was always kinda vague in the original whether the timelines that Homura abandons continue to exist after she's gone

I do like the implications of all the fucked up or fixed worlds just continuing

joined Dec 13, 2018

seeing her bite the box was a bit weirdchamp too

joined Dec 13, 2018

Really? During pride month??!!

proud to be suffering

joined Dec 13, 2018

Ichika, you have bad taste

joined Dec 13, 2018

Come to think of it. The end of the story could be Asumi, being sponsored Nanao (who's rich) and Mai (who works at brothel), continues her hobby. They three may live together as triangle couples.

I feel bad for Nanao in this equation

unless she gets real used to polyamory real fast, that sounds like a recipe for her to feel lonely and/or exploited

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

I find Japanese students are really weird. At this point it's a common thing for any foreigners watching anime, but it's hard to understand how can the students in a class never know literally everything in school, like their classmates name or like in this one, what other people are talking about you. In my country, even though we are not close, in class we still talk to each other or at least remember their name. It's ironic that anime protagonists always say they care about and will protect their friends and family, but not people who isn't close to them. Is it just fiction or it's a real thing in Japanese society?

to be perfectly honest I didn't know everybody in my classes when I was in high school

to be fair I was kinda a loner

joined Dec 13, 2018

Knock knock, herro, it's the kenpeitai

joined Dec 13, 2018

I'm surprised by how normal and sane the Garth/Dorothy plan ended up being. Boiled down to Dorothy sitting Yvonne down and going "look, I am in love with you for real. Just want to clear up any misunderstandings."

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

Okay here's my guess: Watanabe has an ex-crush or ex-girlfriend from middle school that she fell out with (thats who was texting her) and so she immersed herself in the world of yuri as a way of escaping and deflecting from her own sexuality, vowing to "never have a 3d love again" and so she's gonna try to distance herself from Yoshioka out of fear of loss again.

yo I think you were right