Forum › Posts by ninrok

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Well that went completely not the way I thought it would. Nina seemed the type that would, for sure, rig things in her favor... but actually, looking back, she wouldn't, just from being cocky. So it makes sense.

There was honestly very little this manga could do to disappoint me though, lol. Might not be breaking the mold but overall I love it. I do really wish it went on further, for at least another fight or two, but ah well... Guess ending sooner than later will keep it from dragging on like many do, too.

Damn this was good.

ninrok
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Whaaaaaat this is so cute

Definitely want more.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Huh.. I actually dug that, they were both fairly honest.

ninrok
Liberty discussion 23 May 00:48
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Lol i wish the manga actually went the cliche "Honjo was Liz's ex but forgot about her" route because this just makes Liz look like such a bitch for taking her anger out on someone who knows nothing about her past and is completely unrelated. Like seriously screw you.

If it had gone that route - Honjo completely forgot how badly she hurt Liz or something to that effect - I honestly would be much more understanding, even if the physical violence was still over-the-top... but I'd get it.

This though, just from a "writing characters" perspective is just... really weird. I'm absolutely certain people like both characters exist (I've been said to kinda be a doormat at times in the past), but I guess my biggest problem is the narrative seems like it really wants us to feel bad for Liz.

Maybe it's an intentional swerve? I dunno. I'm a little more cooled off now, but earlier, reading that actually got me agitated lol. Mission accomplished I guess? =p

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Like, the only way this could've been more of a cliff hanger is if the match had been held in a ring suspended between two cliffs, and the judge is gonna let go of the loser.

Ugggggh gotta gather the strength... to survive the wait...

There's only 2 more chapters left I think.

I really wish there was more, this deserved to be a way longer series. =(

last edited at May 23, 2018 12:38AM

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

SEEEERIOUSLY???

ninrok
Liberty discussion 22 May 20:35
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Yeah no, Liz is flat out an ass in this scenario. Her backstory is not nearly "tragic" enough to make up for what she's doing to Honjou, who made an innocent mistake and clearly is remorseful.

Her emotional reaction last chapter I could accept, but physical violence is waaaaay over the line... never mind the fact the person she's inflicting it on isn't even part of the situation outside of the aforementioned mistake.

Completely unsympathetic, and if that's intentional then good job... but it's going to take a lot for me to be okay with them getting together after that.

"Oh I'm hurting, so I've got the right to go around playing with people and stepping on other people's feelings'... That's all of Momono Moto's series lately. And I mean it, ALL OF THEM.

This is good to know, will have to step into any of Moto's works with extreme caution from now on if this is a sampling of Moto's work.

last edited at May 22, 2018 8:39PM

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

I... I read that way too fast lol

Counter Punch number two had me like daaaaaaaayyyyyyuuuuuuuuuum

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Okay that was effing awesome.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

drpepperfan posted:

Happy end. Just in case you came to the comments to know that.

I hope noone does that >:u

Hahaha I do that all the time!

I don't want to waste my time on a depression or "super best friend" ending.

Yup, same tbh. I don't always do it, but especially if I'm already having a bad day or depressed, I tend to read stories to escape or lighten my mood. If it looks like there's a big chance it's gonna make things worse (or a chance it's the opposite and might not be as bad / depressing as it appears), I'll peek at the comments =P

Usually doesn't spoil the story.

Sorry, I've just been hit one too many times with the wooooooorst stories and "twists" lol.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

The series is continued by the author of Umareru Kachi no Nakatta Jibun ga Anna. Although Hanaka was slain brutally by Nina, the ensuing lawsuit funds the Hanaka Memorial Trauma Center, and Koharu and Fu-chan bond over the shared Tragedy

Sweet Jesus lol I know it's a joke but damn that just hurt my whole entire heart

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

I... Don't know which way this is going to go, and I can rarely ever say that. I "feel" like my initial thought was wrong and Hanaka is going to lose, but gain a massive amount of respect in the process.

But as has been mentioned, Nina looks completely irredeemable, so she wouldn't exactly turn around and undo what she did to Fu. Onthe contrary, she'd probably do even worse somehow.

But I strangely enough almost want Hana to lose (andthenstill push forward with MMA) just for how powerful that would be.

Ugh I wanna buy this series =[

ninrok
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

That was cute... Although yeah, I agree with everyone saying the sex scene felt tacked on. IMO it was unnecessary, but I'm not going to complain =p

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

That punch on pg 24 was so damn satisfying

I'm going to look at that page repeatedly for the next few days lol.

ninrok
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

"I don't swing that way...

Except with you right now

And the next day

And at the beach

And in the bathroom with everyone sleeping outside okay yeah you know what I think I like this having a girlfriend thing after all"

Lol I enjoyed this more than I probably should have. XD

last edited at Mar 20, 2018 10:39PM

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Huh. I kinda' avoided this one so far but this chapter brought me in, love the kid brother lol.

I'm in... but likewise I do hope it doesn't run the idea into the ground and progress is made.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Oh I DEFINITELY have to keep up with this, it is utterly hilarious lmao. Thanks for translating it!

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Dammit... fucking cancer...

RIP Ssamba.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Yah I'm not too much of a fan of this new villain and how over-the-top she is, but I do like that Hana has something more to motivate her than just strength... though I guess it still kinda is "I wanna be strong" since she's doing this to reverse Fu-chan's expulsion.

Though frankly, in the world of common sense, if a school just expelled my kid for absolutely no reason she wouldn't be going back there... But, neither here nor there lol.

I will say, I do hope Nina doesn't get redemption. Let her just be a complete asshole without some tragic motivation.

Side note: dammit, I'm kinda turning around on Aki ALREADY lmao. This shouldn't be happening that darn quick!

I'm thinking in Japan a expulsion from school would be devastating. It would kill her chance of ever getting into any decent collage and make it impossible for her to get a decent job let alone become a nurse. That stuff has a far bigger impact on future life paths there than other places it seems.

Ah, I could see that being the case. I was looking at that from a much more western perspective... aaaaaand probably fueled a bit by anger at that bully.

It's rare that I want the MC to whoop someone's butt with ease, but this is one of those times lol (super unlikely of course but still!).

last edited at Feb 21, 2018 12:56AM

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Yah I'm not too much of a fan of this new villain and how over-the-top she is, but I do like that Hana has something more to motivate her than just strength... though I guess it still kinda is "I wanna be strong" since she's doing this to reverse Fu-chan's expulsion.

Though frankly, in the world of common sense, if a school just expelled my kid for absolutely no reason she wouldn't be going back there... But, neither here nor there lol.

I will say, I do hope Nina doesn't get redemption. Let her just be a complete asshole without some tragic motivation.

Side note: dammit, I'm kinda turning around on Aki ALREADY lmao. This shouldn't be happening that darn quick!

ninrok
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

So where is the line between good characters that are beloved, and good Merry Sues that are despised?

The thing is all Ena is really doing is being a reasonable person with a fairly solid level of emotional intelligence. There's nothing unbelievable or unrealistic about her ability to handle the conflicts presented to her because she just behaves like a sane human being with functional social skills unlike a lot of other yuri heroines which is what a lot of readers find so endearing about her.

Basically.

I love the genre, but sometimes I kinda find myself having to swallow some pretty silly tropes a bit too often, things that the average person would probably figure out with a few seconds of rational thought.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Damn. I really regret reading that. =\

ninrok
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Err, I thought MC-chan was the anti-MC, she was suppobsed to be the drama defuser... Will she make it?!

Ikr?! But I still have faith!!! Looks like she's already taking the hint

I really hope so... I really hoped Ena would keep that energy.

Darn you, evil nurse!

(In all seriousness, I'm still loving this, considering Ishio's dark past there was bound to be some drama that would bring even Ena down a bit.)

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Who else thought that this part was cute? she doesn't look menacing at all TwT

I think that's one of my favorite things about the art thus far, particularly of Hana - there's no effort to make her look surprisingly menacing or anything of the sort you'd commonly see in those kinds of situations. Instead, she very much looks inexperienced throughout, oftentimes still scared. Even in the moments she does look determined, she never crosses the line of looking out of character, if that makes sense.

I really appreciate that.

last edited at Jan 18, 2018 2:32PM

ninrok
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Jesus. Ena is the most anti-drama character I've ever seen. This girl defuses situations like she's been trained by a damn bomb squad. Yuri needs more professionals of her caliber.

Lol @ trained by a bomb squad XD

Agreed though; I just hope she stays that way and whatever drama is coming, she can diffuse it.