Forum › Posts by Clueless1

Clueless1
Image Comments 31 Jan 01:32
joined Sep 6, 2018
72877544_p0

^^ Yeah, it’s like one of the top three yuri mangas out there. It’s licensed stateside so it’s good enough to jump the pond for another audience.

Clueless1
Image Comments 31 Jan 01:28
joined Sep 6, 2018
Dxzovyouuaaniwu-orig

^^ Thanks for explaining sounds!

joined Sep 6, 2018

Now that's a first, Translator's Notes AND Typesetter's Notes. On the same pannel to boot.

Pretty cool the translation team is emotionally involved in the artwork.

joined Sep 6, 2018

I'm surprised there hasn't been any hazing or bullying. That counselor seemed to try eliminating the student from the school by having the student body jump him after his confession.

I figured the one who would have left school would have been the dude who confessed to the students, not the agender chick. The dude must have a black belt or something to fight back with.

Where did this manga come from? I thought China was the country that's hip with self-criticism sessions, not Japan.

Of the two bad characters in the story, the rude chick or the counselor, I thought the counselor was the most damaging/dangerous one. I figured such a confession should have waited until high school was over (and it was done in middle school?). That counselor isn't true to form for counselors in Japan... They would have suggested to "Just fit in." And this does help explain why the dude was so accommodating with the rude chick... He didn't want enemies, just understanding friends if they've been clued in often enough.

There's the missing family dynamics that needs some explanation in a sequel if this story is continued.

All in all, after reading all this: My head hurts! (Head explodes) Now I gotta add more tags to black list.

Clueless1
Non-binary discussion 30 Jan 23:44
joined Sep 6, 2018

I prefer the "Agender" term more than non-binary... Non-binary implies anything but two.

A more descriptive way to describe this is: A Priest's Vow. No earthly relationships.

last edited at Feb 1, 2019 6:26AM

joined Sep 6, 2018

Now that this anthology is complete, which chapter is the best?

I vote for chapter 10.

Who else wants to vote their favorite chapter?

Clueless1
Image Comments 24 Jan 15:56
joined Sep 6, 2018
72700539_p0

^Thanks! It's nice to see artists testing their skills against the great artists of old... (okay, recently passed away).

Clueless1
Image Comments 24 Jan 10:19
joined Sep 6, 2018
72700539_p0

^^Yeah, the water altering the light reflected out of water is very good. Reminds me of that artist who painted melting clocks... what was his name again?

Clueless1
Image Comments 20 Jan 22:30
joined Sep 6, 2018
Dxsogeqvaaaw1qv-orig

Blasphemy!

joined Sep 6, 2018

NAKATANI-SENSEI, GIVE THESE TWO A SPIN-OFF ALREADY.

I agree! Keep it going!

Oh, on a side note, how much was actually charged for that coffee?

joined Sep 6, 2018

Chapter ten is the best in the anthology. Students hold hands, adults drink bitter coffee. Good to see this escalation in intimacy as relationships improve over time. It's great to see "Adult Life" in this anthology.

Clueless1
joined Sep 6, 2018

Well, since we’re coming to an end, which relationship deserves a spin-off manga?

Care to take the vote?

Well, there weren’t that many votes to make a winner. I’d like to add own vote since it won’t sway the outcome (there wasn’t one!): the polyamory relationship is the one I’d like to see spun off into a separate manga. The other pairings can follow a formulaic pattern for story telling. The polyamory relationship ventures into uncharted territory. There are many aspects of this relationship which haven’t been dealt with like family acceptance, economics, income disparities between partners effecting relationships, and possibly falling apart when interlocutors intrude upon the relationship.

On the other side of the coin for this polyamory spin-off is there’s literally zero connection with an audience. Yeah, Yuri suits about 1% of population, but polyamory is nonexistent. It would be interesting to see author tackle this, but I doubt any readers will buy such a polyamory manga.

Clueless1
Image Comments 20 Jan 03:03
joined Sep 6, 2018
Nodosayo%20blanketsurprise

This entry is the best among this latest release of images, in my opinion.

Is there a way to see number of comments for an image without having to click on it?

Clueless1
joined Sep 6, 2018

ch 48, pg 4, "carrer" -> career

There should be credit given to readers who assist editors in polishing up their final drafts. Is there a way for Administrators or Moderators to hand out ego-inflating points (having to monetary benefit but bragging or respect rights) to readers who care about improving upon the art?

I mean, it’s cool to get “accepted” to suggestions on mangas.

Clueless1
joined Sep 6, 2018

Well, since we’re coming to an end, which relationship deserves a spin-off manga?

Care to take the vote?

I think this manga will end like Sasameki Koto, where the third year goes by in a single chapter or so to quickly wind up the manga. This latest volume will be the last, IMHO.

joined Sep 6, 2018

One shot everytime the word lesbian appears. :o

23 shots. Six shots is stupid drunk, and she drank 17 shots of pure alcohol from that bottle, so she should be going to hospital. But, hey, it’s a manga and it was funny to read. Good thing this release bunched up the (ahem—if they want to call it as...) chapters to get the comedy “roll” going.

Clueless1
joined Sep 6, 2018

This series should be relabeled as “Dropped”.

Clueless1
Earth Girls discussion 04 Jan 04:28
joined Sep 6, 2018

It’s a good call to have left this out of main storyline. This is fine as a diversion from story.

Clueless1
joined Sep 6, 2018

Who are they fighting, the russians, the americans, or is it a totally fictitious war all together?

No exact dates were given. Although the combat doctrine offered in this latest chapter is between WWI and WWII, the manga didn’t specifically state which side the MC is on; however, the issuance of grenades to the populace of the island(s) did occur with Japanese forces in tail-end of WWII fighting American navy and marines.

AFAIK, the manga is depicting a fictitious war in that setting of pre-computer assisted warfare, but story elements did come from history. I think it’s best for the manga to remain vague about which side she’s on and when.

Clueless1
joined Sep 6, 2018

A set up for the coup de grace... ready the box of tissues!

PTSD portrayal pretty good. It’s funny to see the loopy veteran girl still knows her stuff out on the sea despite her appearance of insanity. It’s almost like there are two sides to the girl: one side is cheerful and charming (so that she wouldn’t scare citizens away), the other side is chillingly realistic and in depression from her experiences.

Pretty freaky to see artist portray school girls playing with grenades given by garrisoned troops as a suicidal, scorched earth tactic. Damned depressing such things happened in WWII with Japanese forces out on the islands.

last edited at Jan 3, 2019 9:29PM

Clueless1
Earth Girls discussion 02 Jan 01:36
joined Sep 6, 2018

Great ending to a great series. I wonder if Seven Seas Publishing will pick this up?

Clueless1
joined Sep 6, 2018

Best release of the day.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Almost a sweep on top viewed chart.

Clueless1
Image Comments 31 Dec 00:12
joined Sep 6, 2018
Dtfymvdu0aazphz-orig

Good four seasons artwork!

Clueless1
Earth Girls discussion 31 Dec 00:05
joined Sep 6, 2018

SPOILER ALERT

If this is legit then tag your spoilers dude. Not cool to just leave them out in the open like that.

Although it wasn’t me who did it, how do you properly tag spoiler comments to where they’re blotted out? (I need a little review—thanks)