Forum › Posts by shadesofgreymoon

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I think Amy didn't visit because things were already so broken between them AND she wasn't getting responses to her letters, so it probably seemed like Fiona didn't want to see her.

The "attempted murder" thing makes me raise an eyebrow too... though I'm not entirely sure you can actually kill someone by smashing a porcelain vase on their head, the "intent to harm" was there. It kinda annoys me a little because I feel like it's lending a little bit to the old stereotype that "women get hysterical", and "women on their periods get out of control", the way that it was handled by the characters/in the dialogue. But I also tend to overthink things.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Ok is this becoming Yuri? This feels like it's becoming Yuri.

sized to fit

Signs point to yes.

actually, that sounds rather not gay
cus yknow

Or, OR, it DOES sound gay, but not necessarily LESBIAN.

Cuz, y'know....

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

spacepowers posted:

Wait isn't Mikoto in college? Why do they need to keep the relationship "pure"?

From what I understand she wants to wait until she is a proper adult as in she reached 21 years or/and find a job? Yea, it still sounds like really out of place requirement.

Z. Long posted:

Wait isn't Mikoto in college? Why do they need to keep the relationship "pure"?

I think it's because she's still a teacher and it would look bad if she started to date her and got into a physical relationship immediately after she graduated, considering the fact they denied the rumors of them being a thing when she was a student.

Or that.

I figured it was because Kaoru is a nervous virgin. I'm pretty simpleminded sometimes, lol.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Oh. MY. God. This series is just too freaking adorable. That's it. It's turned me into a basic white girl for a few minutes, because right now, I just can't even.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I was so fucking salty over this the moment that bed selfie scene appeared. No graduation to it, either; 0 to salty in under 2 seconds. And of course after the story concluded (with the obvious "oops I sent that to the wrong person" plot device) the saltiness had only intensified about a hundred fold, to the point where I was cranky for days about it and even ranted to my friend (and I usually keep such things to myself). So, so salty. If "My Pet" ends up with the bad end like that, Pito will prolly end up being a skipped artist for things in the future. My salty old heart just can't take it. lol

Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I was seriously hoping for something more serious somehow, haha. But this made me quite literally say aloud, "okay, what the actual fuck" as I read it.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Heh, Mikoto DID reveal to Kaoru early on that the friend she was seen walking with was not just a friend but also a FWB... so it's not a huge reveal or anything.

last edited at Sep 10, 2016 12:05AM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Haha, again with the "oops there's my period". First Toto in Silver Gymnasium, now Mikoto, ha. I guess it's true though, that bastard always shows up at the worst times to make you feel your most miserable.

I like this. I too am tired of the "drama drama oh, but we're both girls isn't that weird, AND THEN THEY FUCK THE END" crap. It's nice to see some more development beyond that!

shadesofgreymoon
Pulse discussion 09 Sep 22:57
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Acording to the rules here discussing anything other than the official sources is not proper. Don't link to or discuss illegal or unofficial sources. Which is really just plain, obvious courtesy to the artists and scanlating teams.

shadesofgreymoon
Pulse discussion 09 Sep 20:29
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

If you want angst, drama and steamy sexy scenes read this. If you want psychological mind games and blackmail with a side order of rapey-ness, read Serenade.

shadesofgreymoon
Pulse discussion 09 Sep 18:53
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I noticed the ribbon too, lol... a bit of unusual imagery inconsistentcy but I can overlook it. Surely coming up with these full color things weekly can't be an easy task. I know I sure as hell couldn't do it!

Pretttttty sure she was gonna tell Lynn she loved her. I was completely expecting some sort of interruption though, and wasn't surprised. The story can't end just yet after all!

I mean, I feel bad for Grace, unrequited love is THE worst thing. (Been there, been doing it now for oh, about 16 years or so.) But that doesn't mean that you go do stupid shit like involving yourself with whoever will take you, ostensibly to make your object of affection notice you (which is what I think Tom is really all about), and get the everlasting SNOT beaten out of you, even after your unrequited love just told you in (kinda mean) plain words that it was. Not. Gonna. Happen. At that point you cut your losses, cut the farce, and leave the shit bag you're letting beat you.

Now Mel is gonna have this guilt hanging over her head for a while, I knew it the moment Grace showed up so soon with that ring and it just solidified it when she showed up (unsurprisingly) with a broken wrist.

last edited at Sep 9, 2016 6:55PM

shadesofgreymoon
Pulse discussion 09 Sep 15:28
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Oh, goddammit Grace. If you die because of your own stupid decisions after Mel gave you a piece of her mind like that, and leave her full of even more regret and bitterness toward herself, I'll never forgive you.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

This series is still ongoing, and updates regularly on Lezhin.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I feel so alienated, being someone who really hasn't liked Seju from the start and certainly isn't starting to now. ^^;;

I am proud that Sumin was able to apparently stand steadfast in her decision to break away from Seju. Even after all the drama, she's still deadpan while handing over keys, being manhandled... and speaks even of making sure she can stay close to Sungji. She's a character who has so far shown to be somewhat weak when it comes to things in her personal life, so to be able to maintain her composure despite the demons of the past AND the pink haired demon in her midst, I'm proud of her.

I'm not surprised Sungji was so composed while speaking to Nami... she's shown herself to always be rather formal and polite unless it's a more private one-on-one situation. Though I fear that that coolness could come back to bite her in the arse.

Seju is just Seju. To her what she wants is what she wants and it is what is most important, even if what she wants is a person who clearly doesn't want her. She's brash, selfish, and has a mean streak. Cutting her hair to make her look more like she used to, either to try to subliminally appeal to Sumin or to somehow bolster her own self in this "fight" for Sumin... it's just something Seju would do. Sorry. I like the history she and Seju had as students but seriously, people move on sometimes. It's time for her to do so as well.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Surely, years and years later after being lied to, being rejected and getting an "I love you" in letter form, she's probably still head over heels for her.

A "happy ending" doesn't necessarily equate "omg they get together in the end SQUEE" to me. A happy ending to me would be just some resolution. At least to say proper goodbyes, or something. Anything to help heal a wound that is clearly not healing.

putting all that aside , are u aware that no matter what the reason was, it wouldnt change the fact that Amy was abandoned Fiona and yet shes been sending all those letter ?!

what for? I bet its just for herself-satisfaction :P

I m so happy when Toto said that she burned all those cursed letters (^A^)/ ~(^-^~)

How do you know that though? The not-talking thing before Amy left wasn't just one-sided, it was from both sides. It was crap communication from both of them. Fiona never wrote to Amy, not once. Yet Amy persisted for so long. Amy clearly had something she wanted to say, and wanted heard, and it ended up not falling upon deaf ears, but no ears at all. She at least tried to open communication. That's how I see it, and that's why I don't hate her. Not every character has to be black and white, not every situation can be only good or bad. There's tons of grey area in everyday living. I think this story reflects some of that reality.

everything was Amy's fault , why didnt she take any drastic measure to avoid that, just like Toto?
no wonder everyone hate her. and I wonder why u cant hate Amy. Lol

Also, you don't know what the letters said. At this point, only Amy knows. Clearly Toto had no idea, the wax seals were not broken before they were burned. They could have said any number of things. For that many, she had to have been desperately trying to make contact. It doesn't have to always be about self-satisfaction.

last edited at Sep 8, 2016 4:08PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I don't get why everyone is hating on Amy so hard, aside from maybe just the desire to have seen a happier ending and not getting one. (At least not yet..)

I mean yes obviously Fiona was heartbroken but so obviously was Amy. I mean, in this chapter we had it revealed to us that after that first letter she wrote countless more to Fiona, and it was Toto who intercepted and destroyed them. All this time she had assumed Fiona had chosen to completely forsake her. It was also revealed that she was heavily pressured by the headmistress to leave and live with her mother. She was only a young girl, having that kind of pressure from her HM plus the influence of her birth mother would have been so difficult to deflect and overcome.

Both girls have suffered, because of poor communication and the outside influences of those around them. I can't hate Amy, I can just be sad for her, too.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Well according to the chapter page included with the first chapter, it seems to list three chapters total, the final being " Dream of Spring". So hopefully we'll see a happy ending for Amy and Fiona too. (Especially since it kinda looked to me like Amy was crying outside the doorway that last image... but I could be wrong.)

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Well, it seems the Japanese do thrive on not just coming out to say a thing, so I reckon I can understand people missing that. I think it was just blatantly obvious to me as I thought to myself "oh, another foreshadowing that THAT'S going to happen huh" when Toto mentioned her stomach hurting. lol (I've seen the same thing done the same way in more than a few manga, hehe)

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

That's what the title means by the white lily being stained red, hehe.

It's basically a coming of age story about Toto. Hence the things like focus on growth measurement, "who cares about boobs and boys", the "this is what you do when you grow up" context throughout, the "holy crap I'm in love" realization paired with that whole first menstruation thing. (Oh and the subtle mention of never being ashamed of her own rough lips at the beginning, and then Eris' comment about how soft they are now.)

It's the little things! lol

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Aw, that was nice TT__TT

She's congratulating Toto on starting her first period. It's not exactly subtle, lol...

OH LOL I didnt catch that xD Hadn't spotted the pads

Or the blood running down her leg either, apparently. XD

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Not sure I understand the first dialog on this page:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/silver_gymnasium_ch02#53

Why congratulations? For what? It doesn't seem quite right to me.

She's congratulating Toto on starting her first period. It's not exactly subtle, lol...

shadesofgreymoon
Pulse discussion 06 Sep 15:58
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

The only thing I could really think of was.... Good LORD, poor Lynn, finally gave in to her perfectly normal "inclinations" from an earlier chapter and... ended up spied upon. Till the very end.

Worst timing ever.

Mel you're awful! Just standing there watching... though, I mean, I guess it IS your room, but.... pfffffff hahahaha

So awkward... me, my cat and my flannel shirts all love it. XD

shadesofgreymoon
Lily Love discussion 04 Sep 00:32
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Yeah it's "generic" in the sense that it's a common yuri trope, but the reason it's a common yuri trope is because it's a real issue in the real world so much.

My own mother endeavors to constantly remind me that I'll be burning in Hell, for example, because I dare to love other women as well. So it doesn't bug me at all when I see "generic" stuff like that turn up. It just makes it feel like I can identify with it more, which I think is kind of the point.

shadesofgreymoon
Image Comments 08 Aug 00:56
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016
Familiar__a_gleam_by_emily_fay-d7d6fz8

If that were a hand in the butt this would require entirely different tags...

shadesofgreymoon
Lily Love discussion 08 Jun 21:52
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

First Sumin and now Donut!? Oh, you have got to be kidding me!
Dammit, author-samas! Have a little mercy on my heart. I just got it! DX

I feel the same way. I've been following "My Joy" over on Lezhin and I have been PISSED at Joy ever since Sunday's release. Seeing this with Donut made me cringe worse because of that. But alas, it seems as if drama and angst are always necessary.