Forum › Posts by elevown

elevown
Image Comments 10 Oct 01:12
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Ejj7jc6voaipona-orig

@Lilliwyt I only read the manga so far. Not sure what is up with the moke version either.. I will have to go read the LN.

elevown
Image Comments 09 Oct 21:03
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
80051102_p0

Is she just imagining this? I'd assume so.

elevown
Image Comments 09 Oct 21:02
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Ejj7jc6voaipona-orig

These 2 never hook right? Its more close friends with some uncertainty to their feelings? - so i guess the anime will be the same?

last edited at Oct 9, 2020 9:03PM

elevown
Yuru Oyako discussion 09 Oct 16:34
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That is a strangely young-looking 35-years old man

yep- I also thought it was a 'she' till it said who he was- imo he looks like a tomboy / slightly masculine looking woman too.

elevown
Yuru Oyako discussion 09 Oct 13:47
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Yup I think thats the real reason she wanted it done so fast- tho she hasn't realised it.

elevown
School Zone discussion 09 Oct 01:06
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^ rather than their actual personalities i'd say their 'behaviours' owe quite a lot to those defense mechanisms. Thier personalities are probably more or less as before under the fronts they put on- at least it looks like that to me.

elevown
School Zone discussion 08 Oct 13:05
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I think Yatsude made even less sense than THEY did in this extra lol- who would throw away 100 dollars worth of money because of a bet with themselves in their head?

elevown
School Zone discussion 07 Oct 18:58
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Several times they have pointed out the 'strange place' Yokoe has reached- or how odd she is- and she was less like that before- especially in middle school.

I'm wondering is she really naturally that wierd now- or is it a front / shield to hide behind since her confession failed back then? Kinda a way to stay with Kei while ignoring her feelings and not letting herself be serious by constantly acting the clown?

last edited at Oct 7, 2020 6:59PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

So what is her name? Are you telling me its masking- written in english or katakana? Or have they translated her name for some reason?

last edited at Oct 6, 2020 4:56AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@random I guessed it was related to that- but like I said I can't imagine if there was a japanese idiom there, it was the same one. Probably just something with a similar meaning.

Idioms are mostly country specific- or spread via their colonies etc.

Even tho other countries had ships with ropes, it seems very unlikely the same idiom would arise.

last edited at Oct 2, 2020 6:32AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Im guessing the tags are in error- or some kinda joke lol?

Also- I can't help but wonder on page 3 where she says 'show me the ropes' - what the japanese idiom is? It surely can't be actually mentioning ropes?

Its such a strange idiom that seems to have no obvious universal connection to its meaning I dont even know where it originated- (sailors on old sail vessels learning the rigging?) and I cant imagine the same one coming about in another language.

last edited at Oct 2, 2020 4:22AM

elevown
Image Comments 28 Sep 21:27
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
81077423_p0_1

@Goggled Anon in that last panel you cant tell which of them she is touching- if its not indeed both.. And even if she did nothing directly to her, I'd argue having a threesome where you are all intwined during sex like that, bodies touching, and doing the other girl while she does your daughter, would still count as incest - more than not.

last edited at Dec 5, 2020 8:53AM

elevown
Image Comments 28 Sep 21:16
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
81077423_p0_1

@Greg_no_Gregory No? It does NOT happen- hence no tag. She just was played and thought it was. The tags would be less useful and more confusing if they were included when said tag doesnt apply just seemed like it did.

Like a manga that seems yuri till you find out one 'girl' is a crossdresser half way through.. people wanting to find some yuri would not be happy if it had a yuri tag and they read it.

last edited at Dec 5, 2020 8:53AM

elevown
Image Comments 28 Sep 20:29
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
66438605_p0

All I can see here is Alice..

elevown
Yuru Yuri discussion 28 Sep 09:43
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Its wierd to still be reading chapters from the anime after so long.

elevown
Image Comments 28 Sep 09:37
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Eevqkd4xsaeaig3

wasn't El the terrible artist?

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^I agree they are maybe not BOTH dead- and maybe she is living with some guardian/s of some sort - but SOMEONE significant must have died- presumably at least 1 parent, because otherwise, why did the author go to the effort of bringing up and showing us the family shrine in the house? That was specifically brought up for a reason.

Unless there was a family loss, they wouldnt have one- and i've seen plenty of manga/anime with kids living on their own, so i cant rule it out.

last edited at Sep 28, 2020 12:06PM

elevown
Angel's Toy discussion 27 Sep 21:31
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@Dayer I did also wonder if it was refering to the sensei as well.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^I would say super likely not just possible. even before this chapter a lot of people thought so- because there have been a lot of hints she is alone. Even if she is living with guardian/s of some sort, she has probably had such a loss, just going on some of her behaviours. And I dont see why the author would give these little details and hints and then not have them mean anything.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Yeah- if they are not we are at least meant to think they might be, or why bother bringing up the family shrine?

Im guessing they are- or for example her mom or dad passed and the survivnig one remarried - or perhaps she lives with 2 relatives now? So both might be kinda true- and whoever 'they' are might really be out at work.

She carries a kinda lonely air sometimes dispite her normal attitude that reminds me of chiyoda momo (demon girl next door).

p.s I think the chapter coulda worked better if it sayed serious to the end. Wish I could tell the author, but you dont need to get a joke in just because its a comedy. Its fine- great imo- to have some serious bits in a comedy. (like dragon maid and choir etc).

last edited at Sep 27, 2020 8:43PM

elevown
Angel's Toy discussion 27 Sep 20:25
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

shouldnt it be 'toys' not toy?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Well, it looks like the scanlators' afterword (in the credits page) is going to be, for every single chapter, a 4 x 10 grid of "Nice."

TBH they missed a trick there- it shoulda had one neice hidden in the middle.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@Jayxnoir I wish i could say it WAS pretty cure lol! The one thing pretty cure needs is a lot more yuri than the odd vauge teasing! I'd settle for girlfriends and a kiss tho, no need for hard sex lol.

last edited at Sep 27, 2020 11:17AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

This is manipulation and incest is fucking disgusting. How much is the age difference?? Why do they insist on ruining yuri with these disgusting tags. Yuri is pure and real. Nothing like that bullshit hentai. This sucked.

So...why did you click on this if its tagged by the things you hate?

Yup- makes me think it might be trolling..

Also- neice and aunt isn't 1 step removed incest- so hardly the more dodgey sort- and whats more- between women, it just doesn't carry the issues of straight incest- i.e pregnancy- and the girl leading the charge rather than being seduced/presured into it makes it even better.

What these 2 are doing is legal in their country- and probably even legal in the posters country - and thats ignoring the whole- they are not real its 2d drawings thing lol.

And btw OP- NO- yuri is NOT pure.. REAL yuri couples have sex. Sorry to burst your bubble.

And you will be damn limited in reading material too if you only read stories where they never have sex. Even the BIG hitters in the field with very little adult stuff like girl friends, aoi hana, etc - they STILL have sex at least once.

last edited at Sep 27, 2020 11:14AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

This was great- i always thought it sucked maki seemed to just go be a doctor because her parents wanted it- both in cannon and in almost every doujin- when clearly her heart and dreams were in her music.

So its nice to see a story where she faces up to her family and just says nope- i'm going into music with nico! She would clearly be WAY happier not denying her dreams and talents.

last edited at Sep 26, 2020 2:22PM