Forum › Posts by shadesofgreymoon

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Totally unrealistic! You mean to tell me Usa is the way she is and had NO IDEA about alternative uses for the shower head? Pah!

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I dunno why I find this as endearing as I do. Or why I literally went "haaaaaaaa!!!" when I got to the last page and "thank you, summer".

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I just can't stop laughing at the gradual slink behind the podium and the matching gradual words of mortified acceptance. "Haaaa... I can't believe this. Goddammit...." haha

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

hahaha, man, I wish I was an Ass Goddess

shadesofgreymoon
First Time discussion 19 Nov 01:59
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Kokoro doesn't watch grown up TV. Or talk to people much. Or read novels. Or do a lot of thinking. Or maybe she was born 2 weeks ago.

Sadly, I have known a girl who had no idea about how any of that worked despite being an avid reader and such. She was 17, I was 21, and I had to explain how female biology worked and also the birds and the bees. She's still my best friend nearly 20 years later, and she's still a giant dork. Haha.

shadesofgreymoon
Confession discussion 14 Nov 17:36
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

But why, why so much sweat, bleeeeh lol

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Frikken finally, a kiss! So cute my eyeballs melted.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Since pappilodaemons have been explained to have a cycle of aging then returning to chrysalis form where they regress and re-emerge "reborn" as infants, I'm wondering if in addition to Mizuki being a former bride (it seems pretty obvious to me that's what she was/is), if Iris chose to "die" in her former "lifetime" rather than take another bride, but a side effect of the rebirth is that not all memories are present, or at least not immediately so.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Called it!

shadesofgreymoon
Karura discussion 19 Oct 23:28
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Little too rapey for me...

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

It doesn't look to me like they were twins. It looked like Touka was an older sister, based both on how the imagery of Ayaka was looking up to her from behind, and how her comments seem to frame her as being older and someone to aspire to become like. Yeah I know that she could still be a twin and be looked up to, but it seems not to fit as well for me.

Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Gotta say, those are the least threatening monsters I've seen in manga in a long time.

Not fast moving, vulnerable to physical attack, their only real defense is that they produce a creepy sound. So someone standing back with a sniper rifle could take them out no problem, or even regular troops with noise-cancelling headphones. It's honestly a surprise they haven't all been wiped out already.

Well, it was said that only a small amount of people are able to resist the debilitating effect the weird sound/vibration they make has, and being that they were allegedly created for purpose of releasing on the presumably-armed-enemy, I imagine that a majority of folks are just struck dumb/stunned/feared in place whilst the backwards walking goopmonsters chomp them.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I'm a lesbian who didn't figure out she was a lesbian until after a 12 year marriage to a man. It made close female friendships challenging because I didn't understand the jealousy when they dated or married. Once I finally got that figured out, I also discovered that I am demi, which makes female friendships "hard mode". This manga hits a little close to home for me, too...

shadesofgreymoon
Dark Widow discussion 20 May 05:09
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

PRAISE THE TSUN

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

A5PECT, I bet you're fun at parties, lol

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

You'd think that coming from a family with a medical background, Maki would have had that problem with her eye treated by now...

shadesofgreymoon
Tongue Kiss discussion 17 Mar 03:24
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I love kissing, but, the idea of drinking someone eleses spit like that makes me gag for real. shudder

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Ha, clever!

(... and I think it's supposed to be "brine", not "bran" on that first panel. ;) )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nukazuke

Wow, learn something new every day! :)

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Ha, clever!

(... and I think it's supposed to be "brine", not "bran" on that first panel. ;) )

last edited at Mar 16, 2018 8:02PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I hate to admit how long it took me to figure out why her nickname was "Bullet", lol. Does that mean I need to turn in my Lady Card?

shadesofgreymoon
Citrus discussion 18 Feb 22:03
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I'm being cringey? Here I thought I was being mature..

shadesofgreymoon
Citrus discussion 18 Feb 21:46
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

From a Western standpoint, perhaps. From a traditional Japanese standpoint, which, to this point seems to be VERY what Mei subscribes to, marriage and subsequent children absolutely has something to do with becoming headmistress and continuing the Aihara line. BUT, like you have have said, the author has not touched on that at all and has seemingly relied on the standard "Japanese subtlety/goes without saying" thing.

shadesofgreymoon
Citrus discussion 18 Feb 20:28
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

There is a difference between a melodramatic story and sad story that actually makes sense. This is a melodramatic story where the plot points are never actually explained. Not once does it explain why Mei getting married has anything to do with becoming headmistress and yet all these drama revolves around that absent connection.

Well one COULD say "it's because clearly her family (with the exception of her father) is very strictly traditional, so the marriage is expected in order to carry on the family lineage so no real explanation feels needed", but to say that you also have to accept that somehow Mei has managed cognitive dissonance with the arranged marriage situation along with her romantic relationship with Yuzu up to this point, so who knows what the author is actually thinking at this point.

shadesofgreymoon
Citrus discussion 18 Feb 19:55
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Ah, I expected a cesspool of commentary and I wasn't disappointed, lol...

Frankly I think this is a wise move on the author's part. The story in general tends to be very "yank in one direction, yank in another immediately after". This sort of permits the Citrus universe to have settled and allows the author some time to perhaps do a "6 months ago...." chapter later on if it's actually integral to the story.

Personally I'm sort of on the "Citrus is trash but it's YURI trash so I'm gonna read it anyway" train, but I'm not complaining because it's because of stories like this that yuri is gradually gaining more ground in the industry which can only lead to good things for the genre in my opinion.

As for Mei... well, "GODDAMMIT MEI" is as fitting as always. I'd like to think that she's throwing herself into an arranged marriage with a man who seems like he may ultimately understand a need to either stop or end the marriage because she's not really into it (like it seems he won't really be). Hopefully it can be done where it's a decision Mei makes on her own and not one that she is seemingly pushed to by her fiance/husband/whatever because goddammit Mei needs to make up her own mind.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I like this story so far. It feels a little fast, but hey, whatever works.

There are often spelling/grammar/syntax errors, should I point them out or be quiet and enjoy my free yuri?