Forum › Posts by xxcindybeexx

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

^I feel like Yashiro exerts some kind of influence that makes others take her presence for granted as one of her supernatural traits. Though I don't think what her deal is will ever be fully explained, her mysteriousness is part of the joke/charm.

It was fun at first as far as I'm concerned, now for me, it's just starting to really really wear off :\ and I don't even think she particularily adds anything to the story, although I was waiting for her to have some kind of importance.

i didn't particularly MIND her til this last chapter. i mean, COME ON who doesn't notice a whole fucking (scuse the language but reading that was really stupid >.>) CHILD in their bag??? and how the hell is she just carrying her around???? i know they mention she's light, but not THAT light, and you CAN'T just hide the angles of her body!! jesus christ lol. it REALLY pulled you out of the amazing mood of that last chapter. really disappointed that was put in there.

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Well I don't mind the side characters XD, maybe they'll all end up in couples as well.
The amount of chaos perfectly fits Arata Iri's style, as is consistent with her previous work. Plus the art is really cute.
And know that eventually (given it is completed) there will be a developed/confirmed relationship, just like in her previous work Comprehensive Tovarisch

it's honestly actually because of tovarisch that i don't like these side characters. they feel like the exact same lol

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

ugh ofc the side characters derail it yet again. i feel like this manga would be 1000% better without them. i honestly just skip past any of the pages that have them in it @.@

last edited at Aug 29, 2020 2:02PM

xxcindybeexx
Image Comments 26 Aug 01:58
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014
Ecp8jdkumaasbze-orig

they try to get you to like her (the pink one) after certain events (i won't say, don't wanna spoil) but i just couldn't. she's too conniving. like she never does anything without there being a reason, to the very end. nothing is ever done selflessly. was really disappointed in her character, cause i watched the show after seeing these 2 being shipped on here and wanted to like them. edit: i loooooved the show though, it's really good, and i loved little miss tanuki. honestly i'd love to see michiru get together with the dolphin more XD

last edited at Aug 26, 2020 2:00AM

xxcindybeexx
School Zone discussion 22 Aug 03:40
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

just saw i missed 49, and i gotta say, seeing what she was going to say on the cover, then seeing she actually really doesn't say that in the manga, is pretty heartbreaking T_T

xxcindybeexx
School Zone discussion 21 Aug 23:05
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

i really love that fuji calls herself by name, super contrasting against the way she looks lol. usually it's the cutesy baby types that do that. and fuji looks majorly sleep deprived all the time lol

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

oh my gosh i loved the ending, made me teary seeing the last bit of it T_T

edit: now time to reread it all in one go :D

last edited at Aug 17, 2020 5:41AM

xxcindybeexx
School Zone discussion 16 Aug 15:16
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

wow that's actually a rather complicated situation to be in. i had a teacher once who was a twin, and talked before about how hard it is to constantly be compared to each other. it looks like it's nothing that tsubaki did herself. just she was always the praised and favored one because she's smarter, which alone would cause feeling of jealousy, which can turn to hate. and because of the jealousy she started to treat her bad. and tsubaki on her part, just loves her sister and wants to get along, so getting treated bad by her sister destroys her self confidence. which starts her talking bad about herself, which in turn starts making hiiragi feel even shittier about herself because if someone as great as tsubaki is worthless, then what does that make her who is even worse? oof.

xxcindybeexx
1 x ½ discussion 16 Aug 07:01
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

It's really a slap in the face to the readers who have stuck by for so long to not get a conclusion to the story.

That argument had slightly more merit if 99% of her readers on her just read the entire thing for free. She's got no obligation to anyone here whatsoever.

I feel worries are justified but ultimately we don't know what's going on. It might be that she just got completely stuck on the 2nd half because she's not set up things the way she wanted to, and that the only way out of that blockade to her right now is fixing this issue. It happens. This wasn't done with some professional editing support (and even with it how many writers get perpetually stuck?), and sometimes you just need a new iteration to go forward.

So, yeah, I do think it's fair to worry from a reader's perspective and obviously nobody ever wants to wait for New Stuff(tm) but when it turns into some weird sense of entitlement that's going too far.

as much as i hate the thought of having to wait for something new, i kinda agree. i didn't even know the author was self publishing til now, which is amazing in and of itself, and here we are getting to read it for free. so while we are emotionally invested (this is the first mother x daughter manga i read that's really got me hooked like this. all the others--like 2 lol--i was just bleaugh) we don't really have a right to complain since we are not financially invested ;) but then again what about the people who have been buying it? kind of a situation that has no real right or wrong answer.

xxcindybeexx
Ui & Yaaya discussion 16 Aug 02:32
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

wow i really like the dynamic between the two

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

idk if i see their relationship going far, they both kinda want something different from their relationship

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

lmao when they started talking about manatsu's nails i started thinking about well what about when you start having sex XD but her gf was already ahead of me on that hahaha

last edited at Aug 15, 2020 7:39PM

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

mlem mlem mlem

lmao. yea that wasn't the best LOL

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

It's nice to see her branching out.

you're fired lol

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

man this is getting so hard to read, in a good way.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

omg chapter 11 (and 10 by default since it's precursor to 11) makes this manga worth it by 1000%

xxcindybeexx
Green discussion 30 Jul 04:13
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Feels rushed at the end of each chapter

The whole "last" (6th) chapter felt rushed to me. It felt like they just had to resolve it, so they just pretended like Tsugumi wasn't really mad in the first place to absolve themselves having to fix the end of chapter 5. They go to the trouble of showing that while Megu and Ryouko may have wanted to talk to Tsugumi about it, neither of them actually did so (Megu contemplating contacting her on the roof, and Ryouko pausing and lowering her hand when just about to knock on Tsumugi's bedroom door). So basically: she find her girlfriend lying about her ex (whom Megu still keeps a keepsake from with her at all times) and seeing her behind her back specifically when Megu knew Tsumugi wouldn't be home... and her reaction is to not talk to her for weeks... and then go apologize to her girlfriend? (And for "picking on her"?)

And I'm the type who thinks that the overblown drama and serial misunderstandings that are so common in these stories gets tiresome, but Tsumugi's reaction was so tame as to not be believable to me at all based on what she knows.

it's actually pretty in character for her to not make a big deal out of what happened. given the context of how she was with her boyfriend, she seems like she gets over things pretty quickly, and not bothered by little details. i mean, her bf of 3 years cheated on her and all she did was punch him. no tears, no crying to her best friend, no existential crisis. just a punch him and move on.

Even after knowing that her girlfriend wasn't over her ex, she still continued to date her? ya stoopid and foolish girl

actually, she wasn't "over" her ex because she was still bitter towards her, not because she was still in love with her. She was still angry so she wasn't over it.

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

LMAOOOOO hahahaha

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

That was brutal. I once saw a documentary about a couple studying bears in Alaska. They ended up being eaten by one of the bears they were studing. It took 20 minutes for the bear to kill them. The whole thing was cought on an audio recording. They played a small sample in the documentary. I got the same chills from the panels of the bloody feathers falling as I got listening to that recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=uWA7GtDmNFU&feature=emb_logo

Yep that's the one.

i live in alaska i remember when that happened. ppl get eaten by bears here all the time though tbh, especially tourists who go on hikes and underestimate the situation and danger.

edit: they actually played the recording on the radio when it happened btw, super grim shit to be playing on public air like that, and i was shocked they did it o.O

last edited at Jul 25, 2020 6:09PM

xxcindybeexx
Image Comments 21 Jul 03:26
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014
Eakbkyqvaam79hk-orig

i haven't seen this show so idk who is who but this looks like the scene is going like this:
brunette: what about the duck?
blond: don't worry about the duck
duck: ............

xxcindybeexx
Image Comments 20 Jul 19:20
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

i watched this the other day, and i couldn't get myself to like nazuna

xxcindybeexx
School Zone discussion 16 Jul 07:09
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Hexa posted:

So, is this official confirmation that Yokoe is full gay for Kei? (like she being aware of it)

I thought the several confessions of love that Kei didn't take seriously were proof enough haha

I think the only big confession was when Yokoe's brain short circuited and she spend the whole chapter asking Kei for marriage, and I think the idea is that she doesn't remember doing it.

Actually there was also the scene where she thought kei wasn't listening at the shoe lockers

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

oof that was rough lol but that many tags cmon, i couldn't NOT read it lol

xxcindybeexx
Image Comments 15 Jul 02:34
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

@Verth you spying on me???

xxcindybeexx
Image Comments 08 Jul 07:20
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014
Eadaablvaaa1hdc-orig

lol if they had made adora's mouth open just a tad to show her missing teeth this would be perfect. so cute