Image Comments 07 May 00:47
joined Sep 6, 2018
D5plqv3ucai3gjj-orig

Odd man out?

Clueless1
Image Comments 06 May 18:24
joined Sep 6, 2018
Drlkbrnu8aa-gvj-orig

@fluffycow: Yes, art can be expressed/drawn however the artist chooses... but I must make a distinction between art drawn for a manga and art done by artists for artwork’s sake. Art drawn for manga has deadlines and mangakas have to cut corners by making the drawings simpler in technique... which is where twiggy characters or exaggerated female features taking up the page just so the artist can finish a thirty page manga on time.

Clueless1
joined Sep 6, 2018

I have no knowledge of anyone on this website. What I've read and bothered to notice makes me think they gotta be paid in some way for all their comments. They are either "talking shop" or they work at a job with little oversight from the boss.

Edit: the screen names you've given are over my head (don't know them personally, yet know of their voluminous comments). Is there a way to find out from the screen name the user is a mangaka or part of a translation team?

I wish I was paid for discussing a hobby... Also did you just suggest they are writing these posts at work? lol

Uh... do you mean usernames?
Mangakas don't usually hang around on some international forum that illegally puts up their scanlated works. I don't think there is a tag for that.
Scanlators, Moderators and Uploaders get a little plaque right next to the username that identifies them as such though.

You ever see "The Guild, season 3"? There was a skit about discovering a player who played during business hours... Hilarious as how things resolved.

Thanks for letting me know about the S.U.M.

I believe this website/forum is a great way for publication companies to jump at licensing titles stateside. I mean, for a nobody who's got zilch credit/reputation to their name, posting on here is a good start towards improving themselves to the point of getting noticed. Or is there another website that already offers this like Reddit, PIXIV, and I forgot the other one...EDIT: Deviantart!

last edited at May 6, 2019 3:52AM

Clueless1
joined Sep 6, 2018

I've noticed some untranslated text in the margins pertaining to the characters. I think it would be important to have those translated and placed somewhere for the reader.

Clueless1
joined Sep 6, 2018

Read the thread. Consider how many tag requests might've come out of that, let alone those who didn't post. You read it differently, and that's completely acceptable. Tags are meant to a) accurately portray events in a story and b) warn readers about potentially objectionable elements within the story. They are never intended as moral judgement of any kind. A tag like Bad End does not exist for the characters within the story, it exists for the effect the story may have on prospective readers. This Cheating tag is much the same - many reading this chapter are already shipping two specific characters for in-text reasons, now one of those characters is getting involved with a different character. This is either Cheating or Polyamory, and the story does not, as of yet, establish which it is. Thus, for the time being, we use the Cheating tag to warn potential readers about an element they may find objectionable.

This is not meant as a post to argue with or defend, but rather to explain. However, I do appreciate your perspective otherwise, and we'll take another look at the series as a whole to be sure that the tagging is appropriate.

Whelp, so much for requesting to tag a manga with "M. Night Shyamalan"! I can't do any "moral judgement" on a lousy manga (I've tried).

Clueless1
joined Sep 6, 2018

@Clueless1 Ah... I was just refering to the fact that overly deep analyses and in-depth debates have been a staple of this thread since conception. If Hokuto was doing manga stuff for a living based on some walltext, I think Heavensrun and Blastaar would be world renown mangakas by now.

I have no knowledge of anyone on this website. What I've read and bothered to notice makes me think they gotta be paid in some way for all their comments. They are either "talking shop" or they work at a job with little oversight from the boss.

I don't do debates, I just need help understanding stuff in "lost in translation" and cultural ignorance. PLUS, recently finding out the lag time in posting translations led me to a sense of futility in providing feedback.

I find there's a good correlation between comments given by people in a thread usually indicates they're involved in the manga some how, like translation, promoting, publication... It's ok to defend their pride and effort online, no complaints from me.

Edit: the screen names you've given are over my head (don't know them personally, yet know of their voluminous comments). Is there a way to find out from the screen name the user is a mangaka or part of a translation team?

last edited at May 5, 2019 3:58AM

Clueless1
Image Comments 05 May 03:29
joined Sep 6, 2018
Drlkbrnu8aa-gvj-orig

@rayraychel: Yeah, either twiggy or exaggerated tits and thighs are just easier to draw for artists (stick figures and taking up more space on the page, respectively).

This artist made a good effort.

joined Sep 6, 2018

What does and doesn't count as rape in the realm of hentai will always be a mystery.

Either way though... this was pretty good. The art was nice and the girls are both cute. Its interesting how mind break is hardly ever tagged as rape when part of mind breaking someone is raping them until their mind is broken. But uhhhhh whateves. Considering what else this author has done, this is pretty tame.

Huh, I’ve seen that “mind break” term bounced around before and never knew what it was... thanks for explaining it. So to make sure I understand it: “mind break” is a form of victimization? I think a real world instance is being kidnapped then subsequently marrying the rapist who abducted the victim. That’s pretty dark.

Edit: I think the “Rape” tag is warranted.

last edited at May 5, 2019 3:07AM

Clueless1
joined Sep 6, 2018

Yes, thank you for noticing, I’ve put in my two cents over time and read more before that. I shouldn’t pick on Hokuto as I’ve noticed you (BugDevil) and Blastarr have more numerous and larger responses than Hokuto.

I’ve walked away from the thread for a bit after the latest chapter came out and holy smokes, the comment count totally surged... is it a bunch of fan buzz being excited over a climactic event in the manga? Nope, looks like a flame war over psychological nuances in the story.

I’m impressed over the comments given... shows how passionate and enthusiastic everyone is over this art form. There’s no way I’d be like that, I don’t have time for it, but I can admire it from afar.

Clueless1
joined Sep 6, 2018

@Hokuto: How long did it take to compose your comment? I mean: wow, that’s dedication right there to the arts... so, to understand why you wrote so much in the comment section—You do this manga stuff for a living?

Edit: hmm, staring at the time stamps... huh, two hours?

With the amount written, I’d say that was non-stop hunt-and-pecking at the key board.

last edited at May 5, 2019 2:15AM

Clueless1
joined Sep 6, 2018

All roads lead to gROping koguMa's brEasts.

Cute.

Clueless1
Image Comments 03 May 22:08
joined Sep 6, 2018
Drlkbrnu8aa-gvj-orig

Mid-riff detail is good. Lighting and shadow helps with depth of field. The unfocused periphery helps guide viewer’s attention to center of subject.

I prefer a setting in addition to subject shown here... a good effort.

Clueless1
Image Comments 03 May 22:02
joined Sep 6, 2018
70583109_p3

Third place. Lighting and anatomy contours better than other nudity works in this latest batch.

Clueless1
Image Comments 03 May 21:58
joined Sep 6, 2018
86qfdks

Second place! The hands are well done, I mean, well drawn. (I’m hungry for BBQ)

last edited at May 3, 2019 10:12PM

Clueless1
Image Comments 03 May 21:57
joined Sep 6, 2018
73360239_p0

First Place!

Clueless1
Image Comments 03 May 21:53
joined Sep 6, 2018
71843892_p0

Need a sequel to this: a drawing with “science babies”!

Clueless1
joined Sep 6, 2018

Now that makes three of us.

Thank you for explaining this to me. I now understand why you’ve responded... you’re the dude who translated it! I think it would help others understand who you are if you add an identifier next to your screen name like Nezchan does with the “Moderator” identifier. That way, you’d have a voice of authority (not like Nezchan, but an expert in translating and culture stuff) instead of opinions.

last edited at May 3, 2019 12:39AM

Clueless1
joined Sep 6, 2018

I'm confused over the honorific "Nee". I understand the honorific "-Chan" and "San". But "Nee" needs to be explained to me. No, I didn't mean, Ni!, I meant -Nee.

I'm asking this because although the subjects studied by the characters reflect college level topics, thus indicating they are older than age of consent, they're physically drawn as much younger. I'd like to know if the manga published over there revealed character's age as younger than it seems in current translation?

Thats why I'm asking about -Nee honorific. It's a small detail left out by translation team that shows their true age when a little bit of editing allowed the manga to avoid the "loli"-tag.

last edited at May 9, 2019 12:11AM

Clueless1
joined Sep 6, 2018

Well you really have to go super wild to get a STD between girls. I mean, sure, they do distribute those safe packs in my usual bar, but to be honnest the only thing I got sleeping with random girls without protection, so far, is lice in my hairs due to an ex having kindergarden nieces.

Not saying this is impossible or that you shouldn't protect yourself. But the chance is still pretty low.

As far as this manga goes, well, it's Kurogane Ken. It's not bad, it's just not good. This manga especially was obviously a no-scenario x-rated excuses since the very beginning so it comes as no surprise.

Reminds me of that joke once told by Red Foxx where the punchline is: "Dammit, man! Now I've got it!"

-- just for once would I like to see safe sex illustrated in a manga correctly... Oh wait, I think the title is called, "Stretch". (Joke)

joined Sep 6, 2018

Saeko, chill for a moment, your mom is going to walk into the room with snacks and tea soon.

The daughter replies with "no" -- then the mom yelled back with "No hanky panky!"

Clueless1
joined Sep 6, 2018

I think Maki deserves a gift certificate or something, but whether from Yuu or Touko I'm not completely sure.

I think what you meant is that Sayaka deserves a gift card from both of them.
And written in it will be "You will always be my #2".

OK, that's just mean.

But a nice charm from the aquarium gift shop might be appropriate.

A flounder, perhaps.

Now that's just as bad and more humorous to me. The word for a fish that also means indecisive, undetermined, or unfocused. That pun is fun.

last edited at May 2, 2019 9:10PM

Clueless1
joined Sep 6, 2018

Wait... Did they fuck??

Get the fuck out, dude. There’s more to romance stories than just fucking.

The truth has been spoken!
Seriously though, what's with people on this site and their fixation on sex in innocent romance manga or polyamorous ships that don't even make any sense.

Beats me. Can anyone who has such fixations explain it to us, please?

Reminds me of a joke Red Foxx once said:
A man went to see a shrink for an evaluation. The psychologist drew a circle on a piece of paper and asked the man,"Now, what do you see in this picture?"
The man replied, "A room full of naked women."
Then the psychologist drew a square on another piece of paper and asked again,"What do you see in this square?"
The man, again but more emphatically, said, "A room full of naked women!"
The psychologist put down his drawing and said, "My goodness! You have a fixation on sex!"
The man felt offended and retorted with, "Me with the fixation?! Heck, you're the one drawing the dirty pictures!"

Maybe if there weren't any dirty pictures, then there wouldn't be anyone on this website. (Joke too)

Clueless1
joined Sep 6, 2018

The closing of the curtains... just like you’d see in a play. Brilliant. This mangaka is gifted in her talents. May she continue her work, for there will always be readers looking forward to her future publications.

I’m going to keep an eye out for the anime version of this manga in dubbed english.

I’m sure there will be a time jump for next chapter... a sort of epilogue. I’d like to see the minor characters get their loose ends tied up too.

Clueless1
joined Sep 6, 2018

Thank you for letting me know. So, to teach me to fish, where do I go finding out about manga being translated here and still being published across the pond?

I think what is usually your best bet is to find the magazine the series is being published in, and then try to find what chapter was in the most recent issue. In this case, this month's issue of Comic Megastore Alpha contained Chapter 10, and the end of Chapter 10 says "to be continued", so I know this series is up to Chapter 10 and is still being published. The publisher's website usually has a list of currently serialized manga, but lots of the time they don't tell you exactly which chapters those series have gotten to, so you have to find the raws or at least the table of contents for the most recent issue.

Thank you for the advice!

Clueless1
Image Comments 01 May 01:34
joined Sep 6, 2018
D3tjw4gu0aatu5j-orig

Third place.