Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

I love anything Ooshima!

this

Zormau
Joshiyu discussion 23 Mar 18:13
joined Aug 29, 2019

Where is the yuri?

subtext I guess. At best. But hey, the Ooshimas did mention in the afterword that it's supposed to have yuri allure.
Cute oneshot anyway.

joined Aug 29, 2019

so...this basically a straight relationship with extra steps?

You might not expect it, but that's considered a transphobic statement on this site and will get you banned.

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

@Lizbo
Thanks, that was exactly the scene I was thinking of and couldn't find on the fly.

@MarqFJA87
Chapter 25 has name drops as well as aforementioned inconsistency about Hino not attending introductions.

@QCue beat me to it. Hi.

last edited at Mar 21, 2021 7:27PM

Zormau
Image Comments 21 Mar 14:50
joined Aug 29, 2019
83990667_p7

@DaSupremeXtream
I mean, "fanart" doesn't have to go with "explicit", but you are right, even in case of the risqué or ecchi Citrus-fanart on Dynasty.
And this here is literally just one pair of nipples ahead of the manga proper. :D

last edited at Mar 21, 2021 2:51PM

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

^To mention an inconsitency, I think the author forgot- or chose to ignore- that they said back in chapter 25 that Hino san skipped class during self introductions.

She was sleeping. Maybe it was mistranslation way back then.

Y'know, digital releases can technically be retconned...

Also: It's been too long since the last chapter – I'm used to getting my fix of Hino-san every two weeks, not three!

I love how this chapter both somewhat subtly as well as very overtly reinforces just how bad Hino's mental situation was at the start of the manga. Overtly through the PTSD-like reaction to being called from outside the classroom (can't find the chapter where the cause is hinted at - that was during middle school, right?), more subtly by how she completely forgot about her between self-introduction and when Koguma went looking for her. Yeah, she was trying to sleep during classes and self-introductions, but she was right next to Koguma and introduced herself right before her.
I'd attribute that to her being in a seriously bad place mentally.

Zormau
Image Comments 19 Mar 22:45
joined Aug 29, 2019
83990667_p7

So basically reversal of this glorious climax to the story. I'm in.

last edited at Mar 19, 2021 10:46PM

joined Aug 29, 2019

National age of consent is 13, but AIUI the age is raised by just about every prefecture, so the 'real' age is probably 18.

Thanks for pointing that out. I did a little more digging and you're right, it's 18 in Tokyo and only two Japanese territories seem to not have raised the age limit above the national minimum. Not sure what that would mean for relationships between two minors below 18, but that's not relevant to this manga.

last edited at Mar 19, 2021 7:34PM

joined Aug 29, 2019

Yes I'm aware.

Thought as much (at least in your case), guess I don't really get what everyone's going on about, then.

joined Aug 29, 2019

4 year difference. just give it 4 years. XD

Why 4 years specifically?

Honestly, since the age of adulthood in Japan is twenty, OP may have to wait 6 years.

Adulthood and age of consent are not the same, if that's what we're thinking of, and I do believe we're talking legalities here. (Limited) age of consent is 13 over there, though. Japan's only slightly more lax in that regard than, say, Germany, where it's 14. Limited means that there are considerations to be made for the kind of relationship the parties are in, their power dynamic and relative maturity. I think it's actually pretty similar in Montenegro.

To reiterate: I'd prefer it if Tan-chan remains a comic relief character whose romantic ambitions are clumsy and cute but always end up falling flat

Also please note that I'm not talking morals here, just legality. Let's not pick up the discussion from earlier.

last edited at Mar 19, 2021 10:46AM

joined Aug 29, 2019

4 year difference. just give it 4 years. XD

Why 4 years specifically?

last edited at Mar 19, 2021 8:20AM

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

Now, can we please get back to talking about the big-butt hamster yuri?

You don't get to be the one to say that when you were the source of the problem in the first place.

... is not something I would ever expect a mod to say about someone trying to end a heated off-topic discussion.
Really?

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

"Excited" is how I'd describe my feelings towards any new release in this series.

joined Aug 29, 2019

It's only been less than four years since marriage was (formally) opened to all orientations in Germany (though we did have legal life-partnerships since 2001). That change was long preceded by legal rulings (of our reasonably progressive constitutional/supreme court no less) that concluded that the institution of marriage would not be denigrated by opening it thusly.

Here's hoping that Japan's legislative branch eventually arrives at the same conclusion and just comes out and states the obvious.
And the nay-sayers arguing that only a marriage between a man and a woman (biologically speaking, obviously) can produce children are ignoring both the fact that far from all het marriages result in children as well as the fact that many same-sex couples want children and eventually end up raising them one way or another.

last edited at Mar 17, 2021 5:34PM

joined Aug 29, 2019

Now there's a girl who knows what she wants. Thought it over, decided this was OK, goes for it. :D

I don't think she's gonna get it, though ;)
I almost feel sorry for her.

Also I'm surprised Nakano is only 18. I had figured she'd be in her early 20s.
Nakano's happy place looks cozy, if only it weren't for the ex-lover's spat overhead.

Zormau
Image Comments 15 Mar 22:46
joined Aug 29, 2019
Ewfisb0u8aehghk-orig

I like this. Sleepy hugs are nice.

Zormau
Image Comments 15 Mar 17:24
joined Aug 29, 2019
Evcnwobxeaaufhj-orig

That is one buff warden.

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

Given the low number of pages, I don't think the chapter is full yet. Or at least not all has been put on that link yet.

It's just a preview (as was posted on their pixiv for the previous chapters). The way the google translation for the text below the post read, the chapter should be out in full for purchase. Not sure though, there's some wishful thinking involved in my interpretation here.

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

Where are you quoting this from? It reads like the typical editorial text from the end of a magazine chapter...?

I'm assuming from some (machine-?)translation of the description text of chapter 11 that apparently came out yesterday in Japanese?

joined Aug 29, 2019

Anyone ever wonder about queer content and censorship in the media?

My first thoughts reading that topic prompt and its reactions from no less than four newly created accounts lead me to believe that it's bait.

last edited at Mar 15, 2021 9:18AM

joined Aug 29, 2019

she gay

What gayve you that idea?

joined Aug 29, 2019

Thanks.

joined Aug 29, 2019

BTW how come ninja girl never shows Up in any of these?

Well, obviously there's this classic, but you're kinda right, she's woefully underrepresented here. I guess she has a lot more het appearances in doujin as the shoe-in tsundere loli girl.
(question so as to not necro the other thread: how old is the Gold Saucer doujin actually? Pretty sure I've come across that one earlier than 2007)

last edited at Mar 11, 2021 8:09PM

joined Aug 29, 2019

nice
Cloud's a wet blanket Chuuni anyway, go for it, girl!

It's canon, and AERITH, y'all just have to accept it

laughs in German PC-version of the original (yes, the German PC- and PS-versions have different localizations, but I think it's Aeris in both)
Actually I haven't finished the remake yet, don't have a PS4 myself and had to return the one my wife and I had borrowed before I could get around to finish it. Stopped right before the Airbuster and didn't pick it back up. Waiting for the PC release. It's already been 22 years since I first played the original, what is a year or two more?

last edited at Mar 11, 2021 6:27PM

joined Aug 29, 2019

I don't know how this author managed to make prostitution so cute and wholesome, love it.

Well, effectively by showing us how it should be instead of how it often turns out to be. No abusive client, a person who started the business out of curiosity rather than financial duress or coercion, a boss with good intuition and intentions, whose dubious methods work out for comedy instead of failing horribly to cause misery...
I wonder if the next client will also go so smoothly.