Forum › Posts by UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
Anime season 27 Nov 19:27
joined Sep 6, 2015

Even if it takes off some of the glory in Lelouch's death, it really fits him because, given how machiavellian and clever he is, he wouldn't have imagined the Zero Requiem with him dying.

Unless he had no desire to live any more, considering Euphy, Shirley, and also Nunnally (considering her innocence was destroyed pretty thoroughly in the process, what with launching all those nukes by herself and whatnot), who was the main reason he started the whole thing in the first place. Him not wanting to live would also put the final plan in-character with his personality, since even his own death would be something he wished for. I just can not see him wanting to live peacefully after losing that much of what he held most dear. That being said, this is a matter of personal preference, there are just enough elements in the story it could swing either way.

Anime season 27 Nov 13:34
joined Sep 6, 2015

Kyonne posted:

JIBUN WOOOO

・ゼロレクイエムの数年後
・TVシリーズかどうかはまだわからない
・主人公はルルーシュ。つまり死んでない
・監督「シンプルに続編です」
・劇場版 総集編 コードギアス反逆のルルーシュも決定!3本映画構成で2017年1月公開

Set several years after Zero Requiem
Not confirmed whether it's a TV series or a movie
MC is Lelouch which means he's not dead
Director: "It's a sequel"
3 summary movies to be released January 2017 with new scenes

I for one am not happy with this. Lelouch not dying ruins the entire ending for me. Also it goes against the clever book ending and foreshadowing the first episode made (idk if you can say it, since they changed script for season 2, but still it fit perfectly).

This, basically. I know a lot of people were in the "he became immortal, or something" camp, preferring to think he somehow survived, but for me, personally, the impact of the finale was in the fact he actually died. Bonus points for him becoming a death seeker, of a sort, after the whole Euphy and Shirley fiasco, so the final plan was basically him arranging his own demise, and still getting what he wants. It was made even more poignant by the fact Suzaku was tasked with carrying on, compounded with the whole "Live!" thing, considering he was a death seeker even before the events of the anime.

So a spin-off, like "Akito", or something of the sort, I would welcome. This, though... I just hope it will be reasonably good, but the cheapening of the Zero Requiem is basically unavoidable.

last edited at Nov 27, 2016 1:35PM

joined Sep 6, 2015

Uranus

I was pretty sure CCL was a she. Not being convinced, I'll stick with "them" instead.

Oh, there is no need to use "them". The two of us are quite familiar with each other, I am not guessing here. I will tease him mercilessly over this, though, so thank you~

last edited at Nov 20, 2016 6:30PM

joined Sep 6, 2015

You're giving yourself too much credit, shitposting is an ancient tradition of this thread everyone is meant to accomplish when Anon is gone. The only shitposter missing is CCL, wonder what she's been up to these times.

...what he's been up to...
That... might actually be my fault. The site was down for a short time last Sunday, so, naturally, I told him it will be down for maintenance, for a week... Not sure if he bought it, though.)

last edited at Nov 20, 2016 6:20PM

Fanfictions 09 Nov 14:38
joined Sep 6, 2015

Who knows any yuri incest (or pseudo-incest) fanfiction that is not elsanna (since I've probably read all of them already)? It can be any fandom I don't care too much...

This, and one more from that fandom. Granted, all the others fill your requirements, but none that I found particularly noteworthy.
Also, this, and this.

Those are the only ones I can think of right now. Few years ago I went hunting for such stories, and unless things have changed drastically, you picked a niche of a niche. Of a niche. Which is really a shame, I would like to see more of this particular theme.

last edited at Nov 9, 2016 2:44PM

Kabedon discussion 29 Sep 01:27
joined Sep 6, 2015

This tag is AWESOME! Just saying.

Image Comments 29 Sep 00:51
joined Sep 6, 2015
32025187_p0

This is some next level kabedon... AWESOME!

last edited at Sep 29, 2016 1:01AM

Image Comments 29 Sep 00:28
joined Sep 6, 2015
Art05

PRODUCT PLACEMENT!!!!!

Image Comments 28 Sep 23:05
joined Sep 6, 2015
Image Comments 28 Sep 22:45
joined Sep 6, 2015
58905633_p0

They are of the same height, though. 157cm, to be precise. It is because of the angle that Watanabe appears taller. Also, Chika might have bent her knees slightly. Watanabe does look predatory, after all~

Image Comments 28 Sep 22:33
joined Sep 6, 2015
57549338_p9

It is probably chocolate-flavoured blood, though.

Image Comments 28 Sep 22:07
joined Sep 6, 2015
59179762_p1

Drop-dead gorgeous British/American pair of battleships, and she is not pleased... ;_;

Image Comments 28 Sep 21:58
joined Sep 6, 2015
__iowa_kongou_pola_warspite_yamato_and_others_kantai_collection_drawn_by_darkmaya__ae9a7ae995e17402d308077784baa682

Yeah, seriously, what the hell is going on in the background...
Adore the refined Warspite. Wine...

Edit: ah, I see. Thanks, Norainhere, did not know that. Not sure if bars would allow such behaviour, though...

last edited at Sep 28, 2016 10:01PM

Image Comments 28 Sep 21:45
joined Sep 6, 2015
47620651-8

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......................... Kabegong... priceless...

Image Comments 28 Sep 21:13
joined Sep 6, 2015
58905633_p0

Kabedon!!

Also, that intense predatory look Watanabe sports is hot!

last edited at Sep 28, 2016 9:15PM

Image Comments 28 Sep 21:11
joined Sep 6, 2015
Cg1j5rzu0aqfvi-

Every gamer's dream girlfriend~

Citrus discussion 28 Sep 20:23
joined Sep 6, 2015

No, I know Citrus is low key trash, I just think (in my opinion) that LL is straight up high key trash, and worse, it's really boring. I think you're in denial because you honestly think LL's "plot" is good. There's no real plot tbh. They get together early on, and everything that happens after is legit "Donut, are you sure tho"

THIS. I actually like "Citrus", and enjoy it immensely, but it has some rather glaring flaws, that have been brought up so many times already, there is no point in listing them yet again. My personal favourite is the constant barrage of new characters.
"Lily Love", on the other hand, was simply 'meh'. Could not hold my interest. (I would rather read FF, and that shit absolutely enrages me.)

last edited at Sep 28, 2016 8:24PM

Citrus discussion 28 Sep 11:50
joined Sep 6, 2015

Don't forget Matsuri. :þ Although I sure would like to forget her.

Matsuri x Harumin ftw!

Magan&Danai discussion 27 Sep 15:28
joined Sep 6, 2015

An origins story. Nice. I like it. The change of pace, too. For once, no violence.

I thought the art looked different too

I thought so too.

On another note, I also agree it is kind of pointless on the author's part to halt the scanlation. I am all for supporting English releases, and I happily purchase them when available, but since this will most likely not get an official English translation, it does seem disconcerting.

On the other hand, I do miss After Hours. It was more interesting.

You already know, but for any other people interested in this, I suggest visiting the AH thread, you might find something of interest there ;)

After Hours discussion 26 Sep 15:11
joined Sep 6, 2015

Something is odd about the 3 previous posts. But don't mind me.

I assume Nez removed the link, then dpf reinstated it.

Not unless the author changes their stance, no.

Not sure what this means since A) the author was aware of Ranka's scanlation efforts, tweeted about them, and seemed pleased, and B) it was because the company issued the DMCA notice that further scanlation was halted, not because of something the author did or said.

Also, this is awesome! Thank you, SAD! What frustrated me about this series was that the scanlation got DMCA-ed, yet no official English release was announced. Keep it up, Ranka! You are awesome!

last edited at Sep 26, 2016 8:59PM

joined Sep 6, 2015

I could watch "Naruto"... if I could sink you once...

joined Sep 6, 2015

;_;

joined Sep 6, 2015

BWAHAHAHAHAHA................. Good one! I needed that, thank you, Alvis!

Still waiting, Kant. Come on, you know you want to... Cute little Georgium will cry... help him...

joined Sep 6, 2015

I don't know which game I want to play.......

WoW. You really, really want to play WoW. So I can finally sink you.

Also, I am bored to death at this so-called party, so the ONLY solution, Kant, is for you to make a WoW profile, so I can leave, make a division for the two of us, and then teamkill you. You know you want to be of service. Deep down.

Cocytus discussion 05 Sep 15:49
joined Sep 6, 2015

I enjoyed this. I like manipulative, even somewhat sociopathic characters who are completely aware of their awfulness, and do not strive to change at all.

Besides, while we are never actually shown Itsuki's side, judging by the conversation at the hot springs, it is not like she is blind to the situation, so, in a sense, Mao is not stringing along a thoroughly unwitting person. In fact, one might even say that the actual power here lies with Itsuki, because she can either confess, or decide to move on on her own, both scenarios going against Mao's interests. And, if she decides to stay with Mao, as I said, she seems to comprehend the dynamics between the two of them, so it is not like Mao is trapping her, it is more like she is letting herself be trapped. Which can also be interpreted as selfishness, in a way. She suspects she can not get what she actually wants, so she settles for a somewhat twisted version of a friendship, instead of trying to either progress their relationship, or dissolving it entirely, giving both a chance to perhaps find someone new. One can never know for certain another person is not waiting right behind the corner, with a potential to make them truly happy, but as long as the two of them are locked onto each other, albeit in different ways, that prospect seems remote.

Then again, who is to say this unspoken arrangement they have will make them (or rather, make Itsuki, since Mao is actually getting what she wants) unhappy? Sure, she has unrequited feelings, but people are different, and some out there prefer to at least be friends with those they harbour romantic feelings for, if a romantic relationship itself is out of the question. That is at least some happiness, to be close to the person one is attracted to. It is not like there will be any heartbreaking scenarios where Itsuki is forced to watch Mao in a relationship with some male, since Mao is determined to devote herself entirely to Itsuki, even if not in a way her friend truly wants. No potential for jealousy, and similar unpleasant feelings. Besides, one side being in love with the other does not preclude them from having an actual friendship (think Nanami and Saeki, from 'Eventually, I Will Become Yours').
One has to keep in mind these two are both adults, Itsuki can just leave whenever she wants.

I mean she said she finds the thought of touching Itsuki's v disgusting. I lol'ed there tbh. Naoko sensei has some guts to write this type of stories for a yuri magazine haha xD

I found that to be perfectly fine. If she is not into it, she is not into it. It is not as if the story is anti-lesbian, Mao is just a non-flexible heterosexual. More amusing was that ex-boyfriend. 'Well, as far as two women dating goes, since it's pure, it's still fine.' He seems alright with the idea of Mao pursuing another girl, though, so it was not that bad.

last edited at Sep 5, 2016 5:30PM