Forum › Posts by Koveras

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

so when will Gu change to black thighhighs like in the cover?

Asking the real questions here.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

TFW you try to indicate to your reciprocated crush that you like them back but they're too dense to notice.

last edited at Oct 12, 2021 10:46AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The more highly advanced the robot is, the greater the concern that it's sentient. So the more similar a sex robot (i.e. a robot whose purpose is to provide sex, and is not allowed to refuse) is to a human, the more similar it is to a sex slave as well, in practical terms. Nadeshiko is very easy to mistake for a bio-human, even if it's unclear if she's actually sentient.

This could be a reason for a legal ban of realistic sex robots, and a the reason why Tsuda may feel bad about leaving Nadeshiko in "sleep mode" longer than necessary. Powering off Nadeshiko any time she doesn't "need" her (e.g. for sex, or companionship) might feel like denying any semblance of individuality or agency from her, perceived or real.

An interesting interpretation that'd explain a lot. I'd like it to be explored more in the story, but I fear that this manga is much more interested in wacky hijinx than in questions of sentience and humans' relations with the AI...

last edited at Oct 12, 2021 3:53AM

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I'm not sure what happens going from page 7 to 8. There's no page missing by any chance?

Lin Xiao kills two assassins who shot at her with a piece of broken porcelain.

Oh right, I guess that makes a wuxia sort of sense. But then Yaoyao asks her why she won't chase them...

Yea, that's definitely some wuxia moves right there. As for "them", Yao is actually referring to the third assassin who was holding her hostage before and ran off while Lin was killing his underlings. The pronoun "them" may be used to indicate that she thinks that he had more minions with him than just the two we saw.

last edited at Oct 12, 2021 3:48AM

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I must say, the thing with Shiori's evolving reactions to compliments was very smart writing. In just a couple lines, it shows her character development and that Minako is a positive force in her life.

last edited at Oct 12, 2021 3:44AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Goddamn, that second-to-last panel is the closest humankind has ever come to a pantyshot while technically remaining SFW. I cannot believe this wasn't on purpose. :-/

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So...
Did they....
Do it?

She held hands. Professionally.

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I'm not sure what happens going from page 7 to 8. There's no page missing by any chance?

Lin Xiao kills two assassins who shot at her with a piece of broken porcelain.

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

You accidentally put the new Itou Hachi Master and Me chapter here instead of chapter 8.

Nah, if this were Itou Hachi, Yue Yao would be a maid.

last edited at Oct 11, 2021 9:58AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Ooh, she's getting the ropes out. Aren't you skipping a few steps there?

No, that's just how friends greet each other in Japan... allegedly.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The Unknown Rival trope pleases me.

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Rena (the Curls) still best girl.

last edited at Oct 10, 2021 9:45AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Is Glamour trying to be nice? It's hard to tell.

Pretty sure she is trying to emotionally manipulate Liane into putting herself in a social situation she is not comfortable with (as an introvert), so she'd either embarrass herself in front of all the top brass (ruining her chances to become an archangel) or is so exhausted by the ordeal, she simply gives up on the thing altogether. Glamor is not actively malicious, so she doesn't want Liane to be hurt, but she is ambitious and manipulative, so she definitely wants someone who has repeatedly injured her pride in the exam rankings knocked down a peg and is not above pressuring her psychologically.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

For the record, Wanko is 22 at the start of the series. In other words, she has just consigned herself and Sakuma to 7 to 8 years of celibacy for the purpose of entertaining weirdos and potential stalkers. I do not know how that can be seen as a positive development.

They're still living together and having a relationship, they just have to be careful not to show it in public.

Edit: I mean, I'm not saying that's great, but it's not "8 years of celibacy." They literally just had sex.

Hmmm, I might have misunderstood, then. Still, knowing Japan's idol industry and its "fans", I won't be surprised if some sicko gets into Wanko's home and subsequently exposes her "impure" relationship to the world. Not guessing on how likely that is in this particular manga, but that is a risk she'd have to live with if she continues her relationship with Sakuma, even in private...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

With a morning routine like that, I would get up on time everyday.

But the question is, why does she boot Nadeshiko up in the morning, when the latter just sits there doing nothing all day? Why not boot her up in the evening, after she comes back from work? It will save even more battery life, and there is less risk that Nadeshiko randomly wanders out of the apartment and gets discovered by the neighbors.

Sometimes I think that the Japanese have their priorities all scrambled up. :/

Isn't that how any conservative society operates, though? Known evils are bad, but everyone pretends they don't exist out of "respect for tradition", but everything new and modern -- like the use of AI technologies to address the omnipresent alienation endemic in the highly-urbanized world -- is a capital-E Evil and deserves the harshest condemnation.

last edited at Oct 9, 2021 8:22AM

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Truck-kun is merciful.

No Isekai for Hokuto.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The "Clever Girl" meme can basically be inserted after every panel that Song You appears in.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The new girl is definitely the rival. It would be fun if she tried to become Todokoro's rival over Nikaidou, though. (It's hopeless, of course, but she doesn't know that.)

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So what exactly is Lan Sha's position at court? She is said to be a witch in chapter 1, but we don't actually see her doing any magic and she only mentions it herself in chapter 10, so she isn't a "court mage". Is she Bai's official bodyguard or simply a lady-in-waiting?

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Female General and an Elder Doctor? I am down for this.

Everyone has so many secrets. Did the empress really try to poison Lin Xiao? Or was that some kind of joke?

Pretty sure she did. Why else would she have had her underling killed for failure?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

There is a (somewhat lower quality) scanlation on Mangadex of ch10 right now and it's time for more talking lmao

It doesn't really seem complete to me, though? It's not even half as long as all the previous chapters...

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Think Fukami, why would you listen to some secondhand gossip when the woman in question is so overly doting on her “friend”. Believe what you see, not what you hear

But it’s two girls—how is that even possible?

That is true, with two girls all you can say is "Is there someone you like? I'll support you!"

Then when the one you would love if you weren't both girls finally agrees to get a boyfriend, you go looking for Truck-kun to start over. I've done my reading!

Truck-kun can also help you when your family forces you into an arranged marriage, but you'd rather stay with your girlfriend for life.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

For the record, Wanko is 22 at the start of the series. In other words, she has just consigned herself and Sakuma to 7 to 8 years of celibacy for the purpose of entertaining weirdos and potential stalkers. I do not know how that can be seen as a positive development.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

i'm confused which girl she likes,Yoroizuka or Kurumi??

Both. She became interested in Yoroizuka because she was impervious to her charm, but ended up fantasizing about having sex with her. Kurumi, meanwhile, is exactly the type of girl she usually goes after. Therefore, she like both, one as an exemplar of everything she likes in her lovers and the other despite her being the absolute opposite of what she usually likes.

last edited at Oct 3, 2021 10:34AM

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So, she'll think she's dating a teacher there I bet.

She may rationalize it that way eventually, but her gut is clearly telling her that Kase is gayer than a rainbow unicorn.

Roommate x rival side couple?

I'd ship that.