Forum › Posts by Yuri Girl 1001

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I always wonder where the hell are the parents/teachers/police in these kinds of story

I was bullied back in school. My mother never realized until decades later. I don't think the teachers and administrators ever knew. It seems my sister was bullied also without anyone, including me, being aware. Children don't think to tell them, or maybe it's that they are afraid to tell them. And the bullies are very good at hiding it from the adults.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

While I don't necessarily agree she is nothing but a meanie pants, I found myself waxing nostalgic for the time when everybody was saying that during these last few pages of the thread.

last edited at May 25, 2018 12:52PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Comedy discussion 01 Apr 16:57
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

So...

Top Kek = Comedy
Gal Pals = Yuri
Lots of Friendship = Lots of Sex
Family Bonding = Incest

What else have I missed?

Edit: Moderate amounts of palling around = Moderate amounts of sex

last edited at Apr 1, 2018 5:01PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I recognize these characters, can somebody point out the manga they're from?

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Age 15 discussion 25 Feb 17:49
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I've been busy with life so it has been very slow ciming. But the next chapter is in process and will be released.

It's also worth noting that I still intend to get to everything that I list as a current or planned scanlation.

No, unfortunately, I can't give you a time frame at this time.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Their Story discussion 18 Feb 05:35
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

This was not late. Chinese new year was February 16th this year, the same day this was released.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Their Story discussion 04 Feb 17:07
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

And I just ordered new glasses the other day. Guess I'd better break that bad habit of hiding them under a paper or they might get crushed. ...Wait, I never did that. Though when I was a child I did hide them in a clothes hamper once as a prank... then forgot about it the next morning, couldn't find them, and had to go to school without them. (I couldn't see without glasses then either.)

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I remember it as a statue in an amusement park coming to life, but i don't remember the manga. If that sounds like the manga you're searching for, then I guess I'm offering another hint, if it doesn't then never mind.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Yohyohyohyohyohyohyoh

MinatoMinatoMinatoMinato... Oops. Sorry, wrong manga.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

The state in the USA where i live has been known to sue the sperm donor for child support when the mother needed public assistance.

last edited at Dec 27, 2017 6:49PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Oh nice, finally the continuation. Thank you kindly!

Something I have always wondered about the original though... if she loved the cake store so much, how come these two never met before? Ah well.

OH, glad I wasn't the only one who thought that was odd ":)

I just reread the first story and it says she was in Osaka till just recently. Then it wouldn't be that strange that they hadn't met yet.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Their Story discussion 21 Dec 17:56
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Facebook won't let me see more than the first page. And no, I'm not going to join facebook.

Click on the very edge (towards the edge of the screen) of the black area on the right side to go to the next page.

Thanks. I thought I tried that, but I guess I didn't click close enough to the edge.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Their Story discussion 21 Dec 17:24
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

It's been updated https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1907968232866049&id=1539451309717745 it is Spanish but there are english translations under the pics.
flips desk

Facebook won't let me see more than the first page. And no, I'm not going to join facebook.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

On a related note, I feel the stigma against cousin marriage is totally ridiculous and only exists due to misinformation about birth defect rates.

Interestingly, the incest law here doesn't mention cousins, even though cousins aren't allowed to marry here.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

The people who just want to blame to appease their negative emotions... and who want to generalise nuanced and complex subjects like incest as 'disgusting'... are just meh.

Well, incest in real life IS disgusting. It's only in 2D that's acceptable.

NOT always true - sure any kinda het or parent / sibling incest seems gross / bad in RL, (to me). But I have no problem, even in RL, if 2 sisters want to hook up :)

As I've said elsewhere, I have no problem with 2 consenting adults having an incestuous relationship irl no matter how they're related, as long as they don't produce inbred children. Having said that, I'm not attracted to any of my close relatives.

Which turns out to be good for me. I looked up the local law on incest; it turns out if 2 consenting related adults have otherwise legal sex, it is a felony in this part of the world. I couldn't believe it. And if one (or both) of them is 16 or 17, it's still called incest and a felony even if the relation is only by marriage and even if it's only fondling. To bad Miki and Yuu from Marmalade Boy, you're going to jail.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Is this satire on all the news of men molesting women recently being revealed en masse? Japan probably hears about these scandals no? Or just molester entitlement and bullshit reasoning in general? I'm just going to pretend it is, and it's beautiful and brilliant.

More likely it's an oldschool gag turned on its head. Go back to Crocodile Dundee (quite old comedy, very popular at the time), where the title character does exactly this and is seen as a charming rogue as a result.

Well in Crocodile Dundee's favor, he does immediately apologise when he relizes she really is a woman... Translation, he only did it 'cause he thought she was cross dressing or pre-op transgender. . . . . Wait, maybe that's even worse in some ways.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I believe it was angst and I'm 90% sure it has a bad/sad end but I don't remember the details. It's a school life oneshot. I think it's one of those MC is in love with girl but girl seems to be straight type of angst. All I remember is 1 line. I believe MC was asking girl's opinion about lesbians and girl says she's not interested in dating girls, but she says "though I'm fine if it's with you MC!" in a joking tune only meant to hurt MC even more.

Was it maybe this 2 parter? https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/seasons_ch03 and https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/seasons_ch04

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

The omake... even if she's flat the knife would certainly cut through her.

i know right? it was kind scary actually...lol

The vegetable cuts more easily than skin. I have sometimes sliced apples using my thumb to back the knife, so it should be possible. That said, if the knife slipped just a little or came through the cucumber with too much force, as it surely would hacking like that... time for a bandage, or maybe stiches, or maybe a transfusion, or... I think I'll stop now.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Everyone is talking about the teacher but noone seems to be mentioning that there is a evil organisation killing young girls enmass for financial gain..

I'm pretty sure papyliodemons are killing girls, not the organization.

No, the organization is the one killing them. The papyliodemons are simply their willing tools in the slaughter.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Wow, so they do kiss in the missing pages!

Wasn't it You whispering in Akane's ear rather than kissing her? It's referenced on page 148? I would assume something along the line of "i'll be sure to come back."

Oh don't worry; lately I've always been wrong about these kinds of things, so they must have been kissing.

And I have to agree with everyone else. Though I don't usually say such things, I have to say it really was a very bad ending.

last edited at Oct 5, 2017 7:51PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

People have been referring to Touko's self-hatred and questioning why she hates herself. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've been assuming all along that the root of her self hatred is that she blames herself for her sisters death. She didn't want to go out to run an errand, so her sister did it in her place and had her fatal accident. Obviously, her sister wouldn't have died if she just ran the errand herself, so (in her own mind anyway) it's the same as if she had killed her sister herself. In fact, she should have died instead. Spiraling around thoughts like this will inevitably produce self-loathing and self-hatred.

Logic cannot change this kind of thinking, and breaking out of such thought patterns and their results can be the work of years or even a lifetime.

As I said, perhaps I'm wrong.

Edit: I think other factors that have been cited here would certainly play into it and make her more vulnerable to this trap, but this is what I see as the root of it.

last edited at Oct 1, 2017 9:10PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Kase-san discussion 16 Sep 23:49
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Not just a few panels, a full 2 new pages. I didn't even notice till you pointed it out.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Well i must admit i really enjoyed translating Milky, and a large part of the reason was the taboo. But that taboo was because it's a mother, daughter incest yuri story.

Edit: As Nevri said.

last edited at Sep 2, 2017 8:13PM

Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Because it's taboo

How can i see something as taboo when it feels utterly normal to me? What feels strange to me is a girl liking a guy! (Though I'll still support her if that's what she wants.)