Forum › Posts by motojin

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Even after so many years, this is still so much fun.

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

So cute...

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

ISEKAI TRUCK KILLER CONVOY

And there’s a queen. The Isekai Truck Killer Convoy Queen.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, somehow I totally didn't put two and two together and realize that was the same gal. The Drama Llama has entered the building

Someone has pulled the Drama Tag. This is from the webcomic Shortpacked! By David Willis.

last edited at Feb 22, 2021 10:38PM

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

I love Ai’s “Nailed it!” expression.

Also I just noticed we passed the eight year mark on this thread two days ago. Happy 8th birthday, everyone.

last edited at Feb 20, 2021 10:51PM

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Those poor kids just can’t catch a break.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

A story I’m not enjoying, and the decision to double-down on some bad translation decisions... Yeah, I’m dropping this.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

my bad, we'll do loan words literally from now on.

I appreciate that. Seeing the transliteration of English words rather than the English words the characters are trying to say in the first place just sets me on edge.

last edited at Feb 17, 2021 12:26AM

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

I used that link. I hope I did it right. Thanks again.

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Have these been requested as image uploads? I'm not saying they shouldn't be posted in this thread, but this is where they really ought to be. (Assuming the translators don't just compile them into a "chapter" like this one and upload them that way.)

In the first image I posted, I asked how to submit images. You’re the first person to answer, so thank you.

Edit: Nope. Still not seeing how to do it.

last edited at Feb 14, 2021 5:56PM

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Miwa and Saeko are both good people at heart which is why I like the characters. But they’re also deeply flawed people trying to navigate life and their relationship, which is why I like the story.

I’m not sure why Miwa was unwilling to tell Saeko the whole story. It’s not as if she has anything to hide.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

This is feeling pretty problematic to me. Rich girl hasn’t given any indication she likes popular girl. It just feels like she’s challenging her for her own amusement. There’s no romance at all. At least not yet. I’ll give it two or three chapters to see how it shakes out. If it doesn’t improve, then I’m out.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

This artist has such great comedic timing. That last panel was perfect.

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Nice to see Chidori is thinking more seriously about her future and that’s getting Nanoha to get out of complacent rut and consider her own future as well.

motojin
Delta discussion 07 Feb 23:17
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

“Oh, now you’re worried about the report!” That cracked me up.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

21 chapters in and I still can’t tell if I like this series or not.

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

There are more. “I’m painting with chocolate.”

Not sure what’s going on here but she’s yelling “Dekitaaaaa”.

last edited at Feb 8, 2021 10:57AM

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

How does one submit an image by the artist to this site? Kishi just published this image of Mask-Chan on Twitter and it needs to go in the images collection.
https://twitter.com/kishitorajiro/status/1358042537055801344?s=21 with the following caption:
“ 現在ファスナーを上げている最中です” (I’m currently raising the fastener.)

last edited at Feb 6, 2021 10:02AM

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Revolutionary Girl Utena: Manga About a Butch Sword Girl Who Has to Fight Her Whole School to Marry the Femme of Her Dreams.

I mean, that's more like what I wish that anime was like.

The reality was more like: Manga About a Butch Sword Girl Who Really Likes Fighting, Enters a Male-Centric Fighting Tournament, and Inadvertently Gets a Femme Through a Technicality That She Eventually Kinda Likes (But The Ending Buries the Gays).

True. But to be fair, the movie fixed pretty much everything wrong with the tv series.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

I’m liking this trend of highly descriptive story titles. I’m wondering what older yuri titles would be like if this had been popular 20-30 years ago.
Revolutionary Girl Utena: Manga About a Butch Sword Girl Who Has to Fight Her Whole School to Marry the Femme of Her Dreams.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

I’m glad this ended on a high note. I would have loved to see more character development, but those are the breaks.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

If they 'think' they've seen Mai at a brothel... Wouldn't it help if she actually ASKS any of the ladies she orders if they know a Mai and maybe show them the picture? That'd be too easy i guess? xD

If she did that we wouldn’t even have a manga to read.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

I never thought paying for a prostitute could be so gosh-darned adorable.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

I’m glad to know there are two more chapters. It would be pretty tragic if it ended here.

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

how is this dude's brain so huge