Forum › Posts by b58

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

So is this the end of an era, the end of the manga or will the story find a way to prolong this and annoy more people?

I see a very obvious way out, glasses are only temporary so as soon as Akari goes back to contacts, Hina will conclude she must have been obviously mistaken

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

ok someone probably asked this already but why are hibai and gina working together so closely again? like, before their interests were kinda aligned but it really doesn't seem like they are anymore?

It's because they secretly love each other

... but no, really, their interests probably still align in one crucial area - not getting killed by Rose :P

EDIT: lmao ninja'd with the exact same wording

last edited at Aug 9, 2023 1:30PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I'm perplexed why people keep talking about "unhealthy relationship" when there is no relationship yet :P

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

That domestic violence report on TV got a chortle out of me, how convenient that she just got slapped yesterday :P I don't believe it's a sign of anything though, unless you expect Kurumi to call police on Ruriko so she can be arrested for this horrible abuse.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

this is really the only manga on dynasty rn that makes people write these huge walls of text good lord

Definitinely not the only one lmao, check out what's happening in the comment section of Whispering you a love song, it's my favourite one

last edited at Aug 4, 2023 9:37AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

this manga is too slow

'yuri' = relationships between girls

not 'face in clit after first meeting'

I wouldn't say the relationship is explored very well if after 14 chapters we still only have the perspective of one side of it. It's not even that it's slow, they keep hiding half of it from us :P So the only thing the author can do at this point is the same joke 20 times.

They seem to want us to be in the same position as the MC, with limited knowledge (normal stuff). It's just that the story hasn't done much with it up to now.

... well, because I don't think you even can do much with it. It's fine for a couple of chapters, but not the whole damn story. It obviously was on purpose, I just think it's been a mistake.

last edited at Aug 3, 2023 9:00AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

... yeah I don't like this either. Why is there even any need to introduce this new character when there's... you know, the fucking second main character, and we still barely know anything about her feelings regarding the first main character? And I barely started distinguishing between the other three lmao.

I think this is just another excuse for the author to keep up the gag of "Minami is freaking out" but in slightly new situations, I don't really have much hope left for this manga.

If this was any other manga, I’d be a little annoyed at the love triangle trope coming into play. However, Yuzu’s so fucking dense a little competition would barely faze her, and we’ve made like zero progress in Minami’s attempts to make Yuzu aware of her, like not even a little blush or shyness at the the thought of only the two of them going around the festival. Like even I’m rooting for any sort of development even if it’s from a third party at this point.

The thing is, I fully believe it's on the author, not Yuzu, we simply have no idea what is she thinking because the author completely avoids her perspective. I doubt she thinks absolutely nothing of it and we had little glimpses that I thought would be elaborated on ("I was always fond of Minami"), and absolutely nothing came of it. If the author wants to go with the old trope of new character to make the plot go forward... then sure, I don't dislike it that much (it's only just a little tired), but combining this with complete radio silence from Yuzu it just makes me baffled. It's not even that there is no progress, we don't even know if there is progress or not :P

last edited at Aug 3, 2023 6:04AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

oh damn. I also love that he deduced correctly that Rose is the safe one

Considering their interactions so far that was the easiest part :P But figuring out the rest was impressive, and even that keychain fakeout.

Now I wonder how that explosive will come into play. I low-key expect Gina not taking too well to being sacrificed like that, although they will have to survive this first of course :P

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I legit don't remember if Rose is even supposed to know about the trinket or not

b58
Liberta discussion 29 Jul 17:26
Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Somehow Eri has survived

b58
Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

And on a different subject, there's something I've been wondering for some time now: has the whole town conspired to hide from Sixi that there is something called gay love in the world, or what??

She seems like the kind of person to me that would react similarly even if it wasn't gay :P And to be fair, she doesn't know that she's a secondary character in a romance story so I'd give her some benefit of the doubt.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Yeah I dunno, the humour in this one is in this very awkward spot for me where it's too cringe to work as basic humour but not cringe enough to be so stupid it's funny. That condom joke is like 90% of jokes in this manga, just makes me roll my eyes :P

last edited at Jul 26, 2023 8:15AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I have no words, this is great

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Anyway, very short and kinda weird, even after the reading I'm not sure if the mermaid thing is a metaphor for something or not.

She kind of explicitly says that it IS a metaphor of she feeling like an alien out of her element.

... right, I guess I can't read. I somehow read the first page as "I sometimes forget that I'm not human" or something to that effect, and I'm pretty sure I made the same mistake when I first saw it on Mangadex because I remember having the same thought :P

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I'm like 80% sure I read that already, was this posted here before?

Anyway, very short and kinda weird, even after the reading I'm not sure if the mermaid thing is a metaphor for something or not.

Dunno about on here, but I know this was posted to Mangadex a few months ago.

Ah probably, I scour Mangadex for yuri from time to time, must have been it :P

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I'm like 80% sure I read that already, was this posted here before?

last edited at Jul 24, 2023 8:18AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I'm just gonna pretend I never saw this chapter lmao

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

it's because she had an acquaintance that died. (I'd hesitate to say they were even friends).

Kyou was the most important person in her life prior to met Aki.

Maybe that's what the author was going for, but in my opinion it was executed extremely poorly. If we exclude chapter focusing specifically on Kyou from the manga, nothing really changes, it's mostly not implied before that explanation, and has no bearing on anything since (I guess until now, pulled like rabbit from a hat). If it affected Shiho so much you'd think we saw more signs of it. (Although to be fair it might be my poor memory, this story is exceptionally good at making me forget important details, these are simply my feelings as I was following it).

So the fact that Kyou is in the story at all feels to me just like a half-assed attempt to make Shiho more symphatetic. It's like the author would do anything, even kill off a random character that didn't exist before, instead of actually make Shiho display any positive traits.

last edited at Jul 23, 2023 10:44AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I caught up with the comments, they certainly didn't disappoint, but I think this one sums up my thoughts perfectly:

Shiho didn't do anything wrong - if she did it was justified - if it isn't justifiable it wasn't that bad - if it was that bad it's because she a teenager

... and if it's not because she is a teenager, it's because she had an acquaintance that died. (I'd hesitate to say they were even friends).

We can argue all day about what it means for the character to be "well-written", but I'm still low-key shocked there's people that straight up like Shiho. I don't think she has a single redeeming quality to her (and as people helpfully pointed out, even in this big reconcillation chapter she still didn't really say anything positive to anyone, she basically barely accepted someone else pouring her heart out). Even if you argue she faced lots of difficulties, setbacks, breakups or whatever, she's still very unlikeable because of the way she reacted to it (which is being a bitch in almost every appearance). If this chapter was meant to portray any sort of change, I think it mostly failed at that (and no, dead girl doesn't help, I still see it mostly as a cheap gotcha).

last edited at Jul 23, 2023 9:49AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Shit, I'm late and I have pages of comments to read through... anyway, I will write my opinion first without reading them:

... in short, it's basically as bad as I expected, and even though I fully knew it was coming, I still felt second hand embarassment for all the people in the crowd that had to listen to this sappy bullshit that didn't even make sense (and I bet the pages of comments I skipped over sum up perfectly why :P) But THANK FUCK, FESTIVAL IS FINALLY OVER, maybe now we can get literally anything else (hopefully not involving Shiho in the process, but I'm afraid the author will probably want to elaborate on this relationship post-reconcillation... but again, that would be good writing which this author rarely displays so I'm still hopeful).

In short, don't cry because it happened, smile because it's over :P

last edited at Jul 23, 2023 8:48AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

that's cute and all but they conveniently forgot about the kiss promise from the last chapter :P

last edited at Jul 18, 2023 3:38AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Well that was something of a departure from previous chapters, I guess I don't mind but not much happened :P except some fuel for the Hatomori x Ruri ship

last edited at Jul 14, 2023 2:30PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

... so what is this intel they gathered that was so important they need to immediately report it, I don't get it

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I guess the veil was pretty stylish, even if it was translucent only for the readers convenience (or was it? not sure :P)

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

In the next chapter Ruriko is going to use the baseball bat to get the point across better