Forum › Posts by Sanrai

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

The is all feeling kinda rushed. I don't like it, cause I want more!

Sanrai
Yuru Oyako discussion 24 Oct 15:01
Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

He accidently got the (right) idea.

Sanrai
Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

It feels like we missed something, BUT WHO CARES THEY'RE DATING!

Sanrai
Image Comments 19 Oct 23:00
Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018
Ekjapkmu8aaw-r8-orig

Ha, as if Lucifer can top.

Sanrai
Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

Tomoko, your sense of danger is seriously lacking. You're going to get attacked at this rate.

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

This manga is the answer to the question, "What if Mochi au Lait rewrote that one play from Bloom Into You on a particularly bad day?"

I'd read a 24 chapter manga about that.

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

So Leopold is a three star now, probably to absolutely no one's surprise. But just where has this sudden boost of power come from? Is it A: An off screen training montage? B: The source of her power changed? Or C: She was a three star from the start hiding her power level?

A really needs no explaining so let's start with my second choice B, and ask ourselves, "Where do these powers really come from?" And I think the answer lies in one of the clear inspirations of this work, Madoka. When Lord threatens Loco for her failure she says she will, "Crush thy wishes." Everyone's powers seems to play into their deepest desires, Loco wants to sing and her powers are all sound based, Alice has a fucked up home life and her very first use of her powers is to play house, Baiser wants to revel in her sexuality. Rather than "accepting power in exchange for a wish", this is a reverse Madoka with "Gaining powers to fulfill wishes." Leopold wanted to be cute, and that's a rather shallow wish bringing forth shallow power. But perhaps her feelings for Baiser has brought about a new stronger wish?

But hey, that's all just speculation, and I'm much more interested in option C: She was always a three star. This sudden power reveal feels very similar to another sudden power reveal of a certain magical girl. A girl Leopold is a direct foil to, who seems to have been at the magical girl business longer than her peers. Back when those two met in the classroom I dealt like their abide jabs at each other was smoke screen for something else, like they already knew each other's secret identities but we're keeping quiet because of some unspoken agreement. So wouldn't it be interesting if Leopold has been at this magical girl business longer than she lets on, perhaps even once as a good guy?

last edited at Oct 7, 2020 12:57AM

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

Something seems to be up, the chapter card says it's chapter 18 but this is chapter 17.

last edited at Oct 7, 2020 12:32AM

Sanrai
Image Comments 26 Sep 17:38
Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018
48623973_p50

Ah, I had a feeling this was the same artist that does all those Skull Girl X Aether Girl.

last edited at Sep 26, 2020 5:39PM

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

The one about Metera and Sutera was better.

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

What game were they playing and where can I get a copy?

Its the Knight and Demon lady from the work with the Mangaka X Sexbot one shot.

Sanrai
Image Comments 19 Sep 03:04
Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018
82063041_p0

HEAD PATS? How scandalous!

Sanrai
Image Comments 14 Sep 21:43
Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018
Kagumokou_article

^No, the point is, "Why do Kaguya and Mokou keep killing each other?"

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

Nice.

Sanrai
Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

ALSLJGJDFJ Miyoshi's crooked smile. That's lesbian.

Sanrai
Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

Mochi's art style sure has changed, huh? Now I want an update to met my sister on a dating site.

Sanrai
Image Comments 01 Sep 14:04
Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018
__eunectes_lancet_2_and_high_priest_arknights_drawn_by_lier010391__42e598623ce2e7c2aaf53f1695216c0f

Oh gods, this gets infinitely worse the longer you look at it. Lancet is much wider at the top than the bottom.

Sanrai
Image Comments 01 Sep 13:57
Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018
84052199_p0

"Your solution to the love triangle is to remove the axis."

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

Actually, I think it didn't happen in "reality", but in an illusion created by Utena inside the box created by Alice.

Because at the end, they reappear fully clothed. So it all happened in their minds.

They got mindfucked :)

That's just because no matter what happens to their costume, their normal clothes remain untouched.

Also, illusions like that would be a power neither Baisar or Nero have shown. No, more insidiously, Nero's power is that she forces those inside her doll house to adopt a "role". They could well have been mind controlled to do that, but the role they adopted was close enough to reality that they don't notice.

last edited at Aug 30, 2020 10:37AM

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

So I just did a big old re-read of everything, and there are some things I noticed that bear theorizing.

1:The Good and Evil mascots are probably working together. I have 2 major points for this theory. Back when Nero was first introduced we overhear Vena communicating with someone about the time being right to move forward. Unless there is some other party we haven't met yet, which seems unlikely the cast of this manga feels complete where it is, the only person that makes sense is the good guys, as this is the exact opposite of what Vena says to The Lord during the meeting. Second, and possibly more substantial, the barrier devices are made from both the heart and star, a fusion of both sides. This all feeds into my second theory.

2:The natural state of the "Good VS Evil" dynamic is supposed to be harmless. It's all just a fun game of cops and robbers. When an Evil Girl isn't around the monsters the Good Girls face seem to be laughably harmless. When Utena was just starting out Vena certainly pushed her to truly defeat the magical girls, but now that she's stronger, now that defeating the magical girls would probably be easy, he suddenly doesn't seem to care, Utena being true to herself is more important. It's a safe space for the girls to explore and learn about feelings society hasn't allowed them. But now Lord Enorme is about to break that system.

last edited at Aug 29, 2020 10:24PM

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

Let's be honest, the others were sent away for Leopard's benefit, Nero LOVES to watch.

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

This is the absolute best kind of completely self indulgent.

Sanrai
Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

Oh hey, I was just bingeing this author a couple of hours ago, and was wondering when the next chapter would be. Damn she really had.to just go and kill the mood.

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

"Let me help you relax."
"Bold assumption for someone in ARA ARA DISTANCE."

Sanrai
Image Comments 18 Aug 19:42
Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018
Efon7xvuwaami5c-orig

I love that Maya is such a top that the image doesn't even have any reversal in it for it to be tagged as reversal.