Forum › Posts by SyxThree

SyxThree
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Lesbians be like “I’m in love with the receptionist I’ve spoken with for a total of five minutes”

lol at first part of me was like "Really? Love? Already?" But then I was like "Yeah no actually that checks out"

SyxThree
Image Comments 26 Jun 00:49
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016
Ea34aazu4aavo4k-orig

Blessed!!! Blessed!!!!!

SyxThree
Image Comments 20 Jun 06:25
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016
Ezejq_qucaeqcgo-orig

Rui Akikaze has left the chat

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Yeah, when your asking "why won't she have sex with me?" You've sailed clear past Class-S conventions. The use of "straight" here is so bizarre. Maybe it's a translation thing where there's only terms for "lesbian" and for "everyone else"? It wouldn't be surprising if the terminology centered men and how available women are to them.

SyxThree
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

I love this manga, it's so gentle and sweet ToT

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

I personally feel like Tadokoro is actually a little cuter with her bangs covering one eye. Like, I think it suits her...

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

No set-up, no intro? Straight into it? Hogwarts yuri milf harem, got it! Perfect!

last edited at Jun 3, 2020 8:27PM

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Am I alone in thinking Nagi might be making up all that about her past? Well, not that I'd bet money on it, but it seemed a little too tidy.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Aaahhh is there really a new Nagori Yu series being translated????!! Bless the Sexy Akiba Detectives, I can't wait to see which one it is!

SyxThree
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Eeh I like the art so I read it all the way through to see if it was going in a direction that would salvage it, but it was actually just bad and gross, I guess?

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Yes, okay, look: is there really any need to wait for the concert? Just start dating now!

That scene with the two sitting on a bench at the park... they should have kissed and accepted each other's feelings right then and there.

But then she can't accept her feelings at the concert! Very few things on this earth are as satisfying as a live-concert-original-love-song-confession!

SyxThree
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Expected, but I don't mind a little pair-the-spares in a series like this. In one chapter, this side couple is already way out in front of the main one. Izumi already knows she's into girls, and Iroha already acknowledges that she's in love with no hesitation. That said, the real barrier is that they'll probably be sidelined and get no development for a while.

SyxThree
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Maybe there should be a yuri denied or het for the win for the het yuri crossovers that have depressing het endings.

I think “Old School” fits your definition. Wikipedia (Yuri) mentions the common tropes of “Old School” plots waaaay before they became more mainstream in 2000’s. It’s interesting that, to me, “Old School” is another form of censorship back in those days.

This was my first thought when I saw the "old school" tag, that it was gonna be that type of story. That being said, it isn't just censorship. It's only natural that stories reflect the author's environment and experiences. Being gay/lesbian/trans/etc. hasn't historically come with rosy prospects, so of course a lot of the stories end bleak or bittersweet.

SyxThree
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Well they're not going to have any incest babies, and it's not like they're sisters in any social/relationship sense, so I don't really see a problem unless it bothers them.

It reminds me of the sisters in Fire Emblem Fates; Is it weirder to romantically pursue a relationship with your "blood sister" who you never knew about and never met before, or with a genetically unrelated sister who you were raised with and think of as family?

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

when he grabbed her i literally got spooked irl ???? the power

Same lol I actually made the ugliest sound...

SyxThree
Yuri Yuri 2 discussion 29 Apr 18:16
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Oof, how sad. I wonder if these take place in the same universe as Yuru Yuri?

SyxThree
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

sadly, Okayu has canonically cheated on korone
this includes a full yuri make-out session with a pirate captain while a maid in love with her listened

hearts out to korone

Okayu is a bit of a playboy, but Korone seems to accept that part of her too. She's said a couple of times how the only thing that she wants is for Okayu to be happy. But also, that might just be because Korone feels like she's a burden on Okayu to begin with, which would be too sad...

SyxThree
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

The reason she had trouble making friends was probably because she kept asking them for their fingers.

Oh, also this was super cute!!!

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 6:49AM

SyxThree
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Nooooo!! Mikoto, you blew it!! Well, it was only because they're both so negative lol. I'm sure it'll work out in the end, but this version is so much more dramatic (in a good way)!

SyxThree
Yuri Yuri 2 discussion 26 Apr 07:28
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Never expected a twist from Namori! It reminds me of a similar situation in Samurai Flamenco. One of the characters had been doing the same thing with his highschool sweetheart (well, her phone...) who had really disappeared long ago.

SyxThree
Image Comments 25 Apr 10:06
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016
78053180_p0

I thought that was Noel for a second...

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

It's obviously a harem, but it's also a polyam relationship (albeit a very lopsided one) by virtue of the fact that they all consider themselves to be in a single relationship together. Compare that to a typical anime/manga "harem" situation in which the members are presented as either competing for their target's exclusive affection, or at least seeking it independent of one another.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Doumyou doesn't deserve all the hate she gets. She may be a bit bitter and jealous, but it's not as if she knows what's going on or what kind of person Tazune really is. He, on the other hand... well, Tazune can trip and fall into a wood chipper.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

I agree with the apparent consensus that this whole ending was a big misstep, and the "repeating time to fight fate" gimmick is well worn out by now anyway. I don't think it was all bad, though, so I'll say I thought it was at least an interesting choice to frame it around the "saved" protagonist blindly suffering through the disorienting chaos caused by the time traveler's meddling.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Madoka
Qualia
Life is Strange
Now this?

Lesbians! Stop time travelling to save your doomed girlfriend! It's always a disaster!