Forum › Posts by Cyfer

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

If it's ミーン, it's cicadas. There are about five hundred ミーンs in this book, so they're not getting translated

Cyfer Uploader
Junk/Jewel discussion 15 Dec 16:05
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

oujo-sama/female butler

Think we have enough female butlers to justify Butler?

Cyfer Uploader
My Beloved discussion 14 Dec 21:26
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Hmm, anyone have any insight on the status of the second storyline? I assume it's done in Japan.

The entire thing wraps up in the Game anthology.

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Not sure who fixes this kind of thing, but... The 2nd panel of page 31 "I've" should be I'm, I believe.

Thanks for the heads up! I fix it but Cyfer's the one who can upload, so the fix will be a short while yet.

Edit: I also know about page 37 now.

Fixed here now too.

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Shouldn't page 14 read "It's a death march" rather than "death match"?

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/shinozaki_san_ki_wo_ota_shika_ni_ch27#14

Huh. You might be right.
I don't think it's really worth changing, though...

Cyfer Uploader
Sequel discussion 07 Nov 22:22
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

The argument for using it within tankoubons would be that if you reach an individual story through any other route, there's nothing to indicate that you're about to spoil yourself. And even having read it, you may never suspect that you missed part of the story.

That makes sense—though obviously it would still be better if we had a way to link stories together more explicitly. It does suggest that the first work in the route shouldn't be tagged Prequel, though...

last edited at Nov 7, 2015 10:26PM

Cyfer Uploader
Sequel discussion 07 Nov 04:51
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

I'm still not sure how this tag is supposed to work. I can see Sequel tag suggestions for a number of chapters in Couleur de bijoux d'amour, but probably about that tank is sequels. The problem is that some chapters are linked by Yui's presence, but then Helter Skelter, which has nothing to with Yui but is a sequel to Up and Down. Does it even make sense to use this tag in a tank like this?

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Has anyone had time to look into this?

It's there now. But...

Also, the title for "Angelic Girls ch02" is mispelled as "Cherry Girl" instead of "Cheery Girl". Freudian slip? :-)

"Cherry Girl" is the correct title.

Cyfer Uploader
LOVE/DEATH discussion 30 Oct 03:26
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Page 2 bubble 4 "Aikan-san" xD Do they actually say that?

Nope~ It's fixed now.

How many chapters is this one? If it's already completed I mean.

Six, and yes.

Does Nicochuu mean "Nicotine kiss" or something like that?

Check release posts for translation notes.

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

A reminder for those who want to see chapters faster and have at least minimal artistic abilities: Comet Scans is still looking for cleaners/redrawers for this series.

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

I'm wondering if it might be better to just make a series entry for Yohane's Touhou Blue Book. I know we'd lose all the existing forum threads, but given the linkages between the chapters, having one thread probably makes more sense anyway.

Cyfer Uploader
LOVE/DEATH discussion 17 Oct 10:48
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Aah, now I was see why it's named Nicochuu. Pretty cute. Can this not get it's own thread though? If it's with Love/Death some people are gonna confuse the two when talking about it.

Aside from them both taking place at the same school and briefly sharing characters, there are two reasons: One, separating Nicochuu into its own series entry would mean we'd have three entries on Kuzushiro's page for this volume (LOVE/DEATH volume, LOVE/DEATH series, Nicochuu series) instead of one. Two, the volume concludes with a bonus chapter that connects these two series, and if they were separate there would be no good place to put that.

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Not entirely sure how it would be handled if there was a plan to do that. Short of a big button that shouts "THERE IS A SEQUEL" on the side, my minds gone blank at the moment. For now, all we can do is tag and make makeshift series I guess.

A "related chapters" field, maybe? Or a dedicated field for putting in a link for a prequel or sequel?

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Any typesetters with time on their hands who'd want to work on Shinozaki?

this shinozaki?
did you already find a typesetter?

That Shinozaki. We also seem to need a redrawer, apparently. There's now a recruitment post up.

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Kase-san, ch 9, 10, 11: Kase-San -> Kase-san (Question mark can also be removed from Volume 3, as this has been published)

I don't suppose anyone actually has a chapter list for that? I'm still waiting for a Kindle edition to be released.

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Any typesetters with time on their hands who'd want to work on Shinozaki?

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Okay, I actually read it now and it's not as bad as I was expecting. Probably because of the complete censoring and the fact that you don't actually see any shit. Still weird and worthy of the wtf tag though.

We debated the necessity of the Scat tag, but decided to err on the safe side.

Cyfer Uploader
Music discussion 26 Sep 05:28
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Isn't tagging something with both Idol and Music rather redundant?

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Someone bother me to start this, please.

Only if you read this doujin first.

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

If this was in English and there were two schools called "St. Mary's Academy" (maybe one in one suburb, and one in the other) and you mixed them up, that's what you'd say, after all.

But in this case there is an actual spelling difference, right? So it would be more like going to St. Marie's instead of St. Mary's.

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

(盟望& 明望). I've discovered that together neither one of these are real words. Should I make a name up in English that is similar or just go with Meibou (coed school) and Meibou (girl's school)? Any good ideas out there?

You could try minor variations in the romanisation (Meiboh vs. Meibou vs. Meybou vs. Meibō vs. Gaybow) or else variations in the full school name (Meibou Senior High School vs. Meibou Academy vs. Meibou Secondary School vs. GayBow: Gay Rainbow Paradise for the Education of Girls).

Cyfer Uploader
No news is good news! 02 Sep 12:04
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Now if we could only get Flowers on Steam after it gets translated.

You do know that Flowers is totally SFW, right? There is nothing stopping it from going on Steam.

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Obviously I hope the answer to that question is no, still, I'm glad her charecters are so 'negative'. Bad characters create conflict and conflict creates drama. And I'm a slut for drama.

I don't know, I feel like if she and Shuninta ever met, the Yuri World would be covered in darkness forever.

I'm pretty sure they were sitting beside each other at Comiket.

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

I'd say that the first time Hijiki visit Makai, Alice hasn't been made.

She was there for a thousand years, and by the time she was freed Alice had already been in several games. So either they were both there together, or Alice has been in the Forest of Magic for more than ten centuries.

According to Perfect Memento in Strict Sense, Alice only recently became a magician.

More generally, the PC-98 games are more like apocrypha than canon—it's not clear whether any of the characters (i.e. a Shinki who lives in Makai) or story (Shinki made Alice) from the first 5 games exist in the Windows canon. Perfect Memento certainly makes that problematic, since it describes Alice as a natural human who became a magician.

last edited at Aug 25, 2015 10:47PM

Cyfer Uploader
Snowflakes discussion 20 Aug 02:45
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

All my doki dokis.

Is there an extra for this in http://dynasty-scans.com/anthologies/true_true ?

yes

No there isn't.

Yes there is.

It's listed in the description (in Japanese) as one of the ones that hasn't been scanlated yet. (The last one on the list with the word after in it.) Hopefully Yuri Project will do it sometime relatively soon.

It's only 4 pages, so hopefully...