Forum › Posts by Mai88

Mai88
Opapagoto discussion 01 Dec 17:16
Qndkfwtexmw51%20-%20kopie
joined May 20, 2014

Good news: someone's scanlated chapter 4
Bad news: Noone can figure out who scanlated it (I'm assuming it's not Mai88 since it's not on their site) as the only places we can seem to find it is on are some of the less favourable reader sites (won't directly link in case there's any blacklisted sites, but a quick google search will find what you're seeking).
Hopefully someone can track it down to their source so we can get it on here too.

Given what Those Sites are like, the scan group may not have officially released it yet, and this is a pre-QC copy that got lifted from someone's WIP folder. Can't say for sure, though.

Oh, I'm sorry. I'm not exactly familiar with the scanlation community so I wasn't aware of
scanlation sites and their policies with redistributing. I simply thought if I uploaded to one site,
it would naturally spread around to others.

I translated chapter 4 of Opapagoto and uploaded it to some other site that I won't mention;
because I'm not entirely sure if there was a policy against mentioning other reading sites.

Anyhow, I'd like to apologize to anyone or any groups who were in progress. I didn't know groups claimed
mangas to translate. It just hasn't been updated for around 2 years and I really wanted to share this series
with an English-speaking friend of mine. I just thought it would be nice to share while I'm at it.

This is the download link for chapter 4
http://www.mediafire.com/file/r1zwdfn6rpbwj3y/opapagoto_chapter_4.zip

I will probably continue the scanlation unless anyone else strongly wishes to,
and I would gladly appreciate it if anyone wished to share.

-w

Maybe you and Mai88 can sort out some agreement over the scanlation? Because will love to read the rest of this manga.

Thank you for continuing, we haven't started it yet so we didn't do anything unnecessarily. We just wanted to pick it up in case no one is interested.
The coordination between scanlation groups is, judging from my point of view, nearly zero, especially if you're a newbie or very unknown. That's why there might be more misunderstandings in the future. Bakamanga is a good source to see if someone has picked up a series and since when the last release was, though it says nothing about projects that are currently worked on and not released yet.

With how long it's been since the last release, it's most likely safe to upload.

Main problem really is the size of the pages, pretty tiny compared to the others. It's uploadable but does anyone know where to get higher quality raws? I guess Ojou Gakuen had some themselves. Before you get started on any other chapters it would probably be better to look for some first.

Good raws for Opapagoto are available on the net, mine are 1465x2170 (they're the same as Ojou Gakuen's). I can send them to you if you want. You can contact me privately via https://mai88eternalscarlet.wordpress.com/contact/ or twitter if you have.

Thank you for your hard work again. Your efforts are highly appreciated.

Mai88
Opapagoto discussion 23 Nov 09:49
joined May 20, 2014

I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but i'm not familiar with your group. Who is your group?

It didn't sound rude at all, sorry for not clearly stating with which group I am as well.

We have a high chance to continue this because one of my proofreaders is highly interested in it (along with me) and our translator doesn't mind either. Though we'll try to finish our current projects first and see when we can start things.

Mai88
Opapagoto discussion 21 Nov 13:55
joined May 20, 2014

We might be interested, though I can't promise anything because we have a lot of other projects piled up. I have proposed this to my group today.
If any other group is interested, it would be nice to post a comment here or tell us so we won't work at the same time on it.

Mai88
YukaRei discussion 19 Nov 14:26
joined May 20, 2014

I know what you might think, but I was confused as well. I talked to our translator and the artist was pretty vague at some points. But we'll do a second check in case we find something to improve.

From what I can see, at least part of the concept is that Reimu wants Yukari to feel like she does, since just fucking without that feels empty her. Yukari claims that, as a youkai, she has no such feelings. However, when Ran comes by she reveals that Yukari doesn't actually think like other youkai but much more like a human, showing that what she said the previous night was a lie. To underline this, she has Ran pass on a message that Yukari is going to go start an incident involving Marisa (or sexually harass Marisa, it's not too clear there) in order to make Reimu pursue her.

So the whole thing is flirting in a way. At least that's what I take away from the story.

I do like that Ran acts more like a fox spirit in this than usual, with the shapeshifting and imitating birds and somewhat inhuman voice (indicated by her word balloons).

Also, I liked your interpretation pretty much. I am in conversation with the translator and the proofreader at the moment and he said for example that some things are thrown in pretty randomly without much meaning, like owl and chicken (except for owl to be nocturnal and chicken is an insult in any way).
Some thoughts: "p4 we could change "fever" by "heat" but we loose the double meaning like in the Japanese sentence"
"p6 f4/5: there's a double meaning in the Japanese the "physical fluctuation" refers to Reimu's body too but it's kind of there in English too"

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 2:31PM

Mai88
joined May 20, 2014

we have planned to work on this once our projects with higher priorities are finished. I'm not sure if another group is already interested in completing the tank (coordination between yuri scanlation groups = 0), but judging from our work speed and spare time, we should start with it somewhere in Feburary since I'll be able to focus on it completely.
We have Japanese raws and will translate it directly from JP, I'm not sure how we would handle a translation from some other language to ENG.

edit 07th February: so lililicious did the translation for 2 chapters so far and I'll edit this in the near future. I'm currently working on the first chapter.

last edited at Feb 7, 2017 11:46AM

joined May 20, 2014

What's with the weird cut of? Was there supposed to be more in this chapter?

The first page of chapter 5 starts directly with the continuation of this scene (just looked at my raws).

joined May 20, 2014

Huh, I could've sworn I've read this here before...Anyways, it was nice to read again regardless.

Yeah, I saw this ages ago on gensokyo.org too, I think it was untitled with an unknown author. I didn't know Saku Saku Tei did this.

joined May 20, 2014

DOWNLOAD LIMIT YOU FRIGGING KILLING ME AARRRRGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

uh, you can just visit the scanlator's website and download it from there D:

Mai88
joined May 20, 2014

Wait, this whole chapter wasnt translated yet, its about Mikoto and her "girlfriend", Its quite interesting! I think its an special because I havent found it. Here´s the thai raw, I hope the scalanator can get it in japanese and add it:

http://www.nekopost.net/manga/1977/7.5

My group will continue with the main series and I think Binbou's already working on the specials/Dear My Girl.

joined May 20, 2014

Ah, this is the best scanlator group. Always bringing me joy with the yukarei doujins

Aww thank you, more will come soon~

Mai88
joined May 20, 2014

Chapter ordering fixing coming soon™

Thank you for your work on the series and sorry for our delay! Had a bit of a miscommunication with myself before, should all be cleared up now.

Ah I see, no problem :) Thanks for uploading! Also noticed that our file names are probably too long and you had to rename them all, I'll rename the pages for next releases to the format "01".

also I sincerely apologize in advance if this is considered rude, but one particular font used in these two chapters was a bit hard to read. it MIGHT just be me, and if it is then you can completely ignore this. i'm not even sure if the scanlators are on the forums, but in case they are i figured i'd point it out anyway.
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/dear_my_teacher_ch5_8#8
^ the font used by the black haired student kind of threw me off and I had to re-read the speech bubbles a few times because it felt like words kind of blurred together

No thank you for your feedback, I'd like to change the font for the next volumes, still have to figure out which one to take.

I concur. Actually I really missed the larger font size of the earlier chapters, but I can't complain and I'm really grateful that these are on here.

That's because the scans are smaller and I had a hard time finding a better (free) font. But thanks for all your feedback, I'll try to change the fonts for the next releases.

last edited at Sep 7, 2016 5:04AM

Mai88
joined May 20, 2014

Not sure why it's not being uploaded here, I requested the uploads of vol.5 and 6 (3 days ago). Might either be that the uploaders are busy or this reader doesn't accept it here. I decided not to revise vol.5 until we get feedback by Binbou Scans in detail. I believe they almost finished the first part of vol.6, but I wanted to keep consistent with the scans and our wording. Also, I didn't want to wait for months until we can go on, so our plan is to finish vol.8 the next two months. Vol.7 needs to be proofread and typeset, vol.8 is already cleaned, so I'm only waiting for my translator/proofreader to give me green light to do the TS. That's it for now, you guys can check our link:

https://trello.com/b/3kCJIUNU/scanlation-progress-the-zartlichkeit-du-yuri

for more updates. We will also work on some more Ajiichi works in the future. If you think our translation still needs more input/correction English-wise, you can help us with proofreading too or tell us which parts can be worded more elegantly. We'd be very grateful and I'm of course willing to upload updated versions. Just contact me on my blog or twitter.

joined May 20, 2014

I love some Yukareimu, but this storyline didn't make a lot of sense.

Because part 1 is missing. We don't have it though.

Mai88
joined May 20, 2014

Other than some issues with wording and language, good enough I suppose. You could have asked me for scripts or something through email... I hardly check the blog anymore for personal reasons.

Also, Dear My Girl should be released before this. I already have a fully edited version that went through qc but the editor involved ditched like they all do in the end. If you wanna edit what came through qc, just hit me up.

(PS also have scripts up through book 7 and the extras that came with omnibus, you're welcome to any of them)

Thank you, I'll write you an email then!

Mai88
joined May 20, 2014

Well, our version is up now https://mai88eternalscarlet.wordpress.com/2016/07/26/manga-dear-my-teacher-5-8/
I don't know if you guys want to see it on the reader though.

Mai88
joined May 20, 2014

Just wanted to tell we've picked it up, will probably release the next full chapter in a few days

joined May 20, 2014

Nah, although a bit silly, it's a pun the members were thinking of. Thanks!

joined May 20, 2014

Could you please change the group name to "The Zärtlichkeit du Yuri"? Maybe as the description "Tender Yuri Scans" which is the english equivalent. Thank you!

Mai88
Syoukaki discussion 29 May 16:56
joined May 20, 2014
Mai88
YuriReviews discussion 20 May 04:33
joined May 20, 2014

Just noticed, they moved their page to https://yurireviews.com/category/download/.

Mai88
Valentine discussion 30 Apr 06:04
joined May 20, 2014

<3

Mai88
joined May 20, 2014

Nah, we're good. Only thing NHFH left for me was cleaned psds. Just typesetting left to do, the worst job.

Alright.

Mai88
joined May 20, 2014

Was working with NHFH doing translation for this. We both kind of got really busy with life and things. I started getting back to projects just recently...we'll probably have our version of this up in the next week or so. Wish I saw this before doing anything with it, but hey it'll be more accurate in places.

Please do so.
I was just doing it for practice/fun/for a friend and never wanted it to be uploaded here as I know I'm not the best translator (well, it's now up here, I don't care either).

@Binbou/Arckuno: If you have interest in the cleaned psd files, I don't mind sending them to you.

last edited at Mar 28, 2016 5:51PM

joined May 20, 2014

http://imgur.com/a/RVbeN (noob) translation/editing by me, didn't know if Binbou Scanlations wanted to work on the sequel after this long.

joined May 20, 2014

It had been 195 days since its last chapter. Now ch 2 is out so is it going to be another 195 days or more to wait for the next ch? The curiosity is choking me.

The series has already been translated up to ch5 on yuriproject. There just haven't been an editor around.