joined Jan 20, 2014

i lost it when takuya when to take his bath omg XD

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

teacher is the true MVP of this chapter lmao

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

LMAO OMG i was trying so hard not to laugh out loud in that last one cause it's like almost 3 am XD gold LOL

edit: i failed btw lol

last edited at Dec 14, 2020 6:42AM

xxcindybeexx
School Zone discussion 13 Dec 02:47
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

lmao yatsude is getting SERIOUSLY invested into this

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

This manga gives me more stress than Junji freaking Ito, and I love it. Kato's uncannily good at creating this cozy, supportive wholesome atmosphere and then just brutally flipping it with a single insensitive word or phrase. It really goes to show the fragility of whatever peaceful moments you can find while living in ways that society considers abnormal. The way the natural, easy flow of text on this page leads into the dark, imposing splash-dialogue on this page? Legitimate horror manga technique, especially with how massive and cruel the Dad seems in Mogumo's eyes. You can really tell that the home is this dark, claustrophobic, place that turns into a hall of nightmares for them when wrong pronouns and impossible standards start getting thrown around.

I admire the story's decision to go with the reconciliation route, though it doesn't seem like it'll be easy. The father's one tough bigot to crack, and many stories, particularly Western ones, would just have Mogumo cutting free and embracing their found family instead. But the desire to be accepted by families and mend bridges broken by misunderstandings is a huge part of the the queer experience- even if you've had a shitty childhood, it's quite hard to cut yourself off from your parents entirely, especially if you've got siblings that rely on you. It's an exacting, difficult position, and even if Mogumo gets accepted, they'll still have to deal with a very stressful environment, because the scars of a terrible childhood don't fade all that easily, and the road to recovery is always tough. But for that reason, I feel like this speech might actually work out, seeing as it isn't a grand solution, but simply a pathway to new experiences, which would let Kato advance the greater plot and engage with more themes. We're definitely not getting a tragic ending here, but there's still quite a few more mountains left to scale.

oh man i was thinking the same thing. that was done really well!

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

bring it up with the author

Raw: まあ、あの堅っ苦しいジャケット着なくて済むし~

Hmm. I wonder if "jacket" is one of those words that doesn't mean what people think it does, like "jersey"? (Although I can't actually find any evidence for that.) Or maybe it's Noyama who doesn't know what it means...?

that or maybe that's just what japense people call those types of shirts

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

shimamura's mom has such a big heart, that last line "my daughters" really got me

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

It's neat to see a love story with an asexual character in it. It's quite the rarity. This manga was comfy and fun, and I'm going to miss it.

yea awesome they kept it that way!! i really enjoyed what's her name in hourou musuko being asexual for like the first halfish of the series then they went and made her super lame and changed it. i really lost interest in that series after they did that. so many times authors just change it, and never go with it to the end. not as romantic to them i guess? though this was so cute and romantic imo, the efforts she went through to try and connect.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

watch out! she's a scaaary lesbian!! you probably don't want to be near her anymore, right?

lol right? and she of course is just asking this out of the goodness of her heart, absolutely no ulterior motive ;)

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

I feel like Miko is gonna play a bigger role later on in the series because I couldn't help but notice her bead bracelet. Idk maybe this is a reach but I think they hold some sort of significance especially since they were highlighted in their own panel. I don't think that's a coincidence and she's probably protecting MC in some way? Maybe she's some sort of a hunter?

But the speculations that Miko could actually be another monster herself would be interesting too lol

that could have been more the author highlighting the PDA handholding

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

yea i really don't get the vibe from this that things will just continue on with hinaki ripening and shiori eating her. something is going to happen, and there will be some kind of turning point. one thing too that i haven't seen mentioned is the fact that shiori said she had been LOOKING for hinako. so she had to have known about her from somewhere/somehow

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

woah woah woah. a character, in a manga, who likes someone already in a relationship, and ISN'T going to try and make a move on them???? what alternate reality have i fallen into! she's a god damn hero lol

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

lmao the TN. poor translator, they have it so rough sometimes XD

last edited at Nov 17, 2020 7:28PM

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

may as well all be the same characters lol. will be skipping out on any further chapters not really very interesting imo.

xxcindybeexx
Mirage discussion 03 Nov 05:04
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

She should have navigated it more diplomatically. Accept their apology on the surface and to their faces but pull back from the friendships. Dodge questions, don't commit to any events in the future, and otherwise avoid them. If they ask if anything is wrong, insist everything is fine and make up an excuse.

That's what I would do (and did).

idk i get the feeling it wouldn't have been so easy with that group. they seemed extremely pushy, and would ignore the hint, and pester, and badger, and not let up unless you give them a clear fuck off.

last edited at Nov 3, 2020 5:04AM

xxcindybeexx
Mirage discussion 01 Nov 23:58
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

that was such a satisfying end lol

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

hahahaha i love the ending. "here we go again" XD doesn't really mean there will be a spin off, could simply be taken as a nice funny joke lol

xxcindybeexx
School Zone discussion 02 Oct 20:01
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

My personal headcanon is that the nurse is just Kei from the future, travelling back in time to get a break from all the disasterbians, only to find that a new one has attached itself to her.

Or isn't it simply her big sister ?

damn i didnt noticed that, maybe bc of the hairstyle... is it really her?

no it's not, nurse doesn't have bangs

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/school_zone_ch67#5

last edited at Oct 2, 2020 8:02PM

xxcindybeexx
School Zone discussion 24 Sep 01:19
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

i still think the idiot couple is best, but i do also really like the gyaru pair, i love their hair lol

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t care for the art style.

Really? I think the art style is quite good actually! Maybe not the absolute greatest I’ve ever seen, but it’s nice.

Softer, rounder faces, and there’s something really expressive in the characters’ eyes and mouths. And the hair is just nice, I especially like Kokono’s hair for some reason.

It’s a bit different, but it’s nice. To each their own, though, of course.

at first i was like wuff what's this art style lol, but after the first chapter i agree with you. i was thinking same thing with her hair, it's really nice XD

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

lmfaooo all the "nice"s are killin me. i love when people as a collective unanimously agree to a joke/gag without anything ever being said. right now the FB gamer group i'm part of for my local area is resharing the fuck out of the "when you steal a meme from a group and share it to the same group" meme. no one said anything, but it is now a thing lol

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

that was confusing, then it all made sense, then it was wow that's fucked up lol

xxcindybeexx
Image Comments 31 Aug 23:13
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014
Ef8qv3lucam38gf-orig

lmao i do this all the time

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

LMAO OMG HAHAHA THEIR HORRIFIED EXPRESSIONS

i was trying so hard not to laugh too loud cause it's late but omggggggggg reread it a second time and it was even funnier! XD XD

last edited at Aug 31, 2020 5:04AM

xxcindybeexx
Ui & Yaaya discussion 31 Aug 04:53
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

lmao that credits page